Opinion 2018 Finals Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

See that’s where they are so wrong. West coast haven’t won for more than a decade and have had to endure so much with the gaff suspension, nic going down etc. Having to play at a new home ground must also be mentally tough. Told we’d win the spoon by Robert and yet we’ve been so very very brave. Step aside peoples, it’s time for an eagles fairytale!
Yes, but we're the Evil Empire, even our crowds boo wrongly, our stadium is too noisy, we're arrogant etc. Demons are such a fundamental feel-good story from the cradle of VFL history and great for (Vic) AFL future...so I really do hope we rain heavily all over that parade!! ;)

Last edited:

"They seem destined for something bigger.."
The narrative is building in the media for another Victorian happy story to come true!
That of Melbourne defying all the odds and obstacles in front of them, to come from the outside
and snatch the silverware, to hold the Holy Grail aloft as it rains money on the MCG and another Victorian club and further boosts the AFL coffers. (excuse my cynicism).
Aaaanyway, here's hoping we burst that little bubble...?
Tight game tonight or a blow-out I wonder?

Last edited:
Sunny and 24 predicted. Perfect weather for us for an early arvo game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Month ago I would have said we should win this but Melbourne those campaigners have had the best possible 4-5 weeks so it's 50/50 but slight home ground advantage to us , this is how Prelims are supposed to be ......

Month ago I would have said we should win this but Melbourne those campaigners have had the best possible 4-5 weeks so it's 50/50 but slight home ground advantage to us , this is how Prelims are supposed to be ......

Personally - Out of GWS, Collingwood and Melbourne we have picked the lesser of 3 evils to play in a prelim.

We stand a good chance!
Lost by 17 last time, no JD or JK, man down on the bench.
Tough game, travel..
We're waiting with a plan, fresh..
Win this, we're in the GF = great incentive on home deck!

We stand a good chance!
Lost by 17 last time, no JD or JK, man down on the bench.
Tough game, travel..
We're waiting with a plan, fresh..
Win this, we're in the GF = great incentive on home deck!
They have Viney and you don’t have Shepherd

Pretty even battle but I think you guys will get them

They have Viney and you don’t have Shepherd

Pretty even battle but I think you guys will get them
Here's hoping?
Yep, Viney not in the mix last time..but neither were JK or JD.
Sure could use Gaff or AhChee with skills, against that bullocking midfield.
Schoey is a solid replacement for Shep, if he comes in,
has shown improved form recently.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back