News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why bother honestly, from what I’m seeing on here the majority of what’s supposed to be priority 1 members got charged thru the a-hole for the privilege of their guaranteed reserved seat we pay for during the course of the season being up in the boondocks, whilst lower tiers got the ponsford or at least areas you can see from and are not swatting away seagulls flying around your head
Unfortunately the best tickets go to the packages and Buddies of the AFL. Just being there is amazing so don’t get to hung up on the tickets. It is frustrating I can imagine but if we win you won’t be to upset where you sat!

I feel incredibly lucky to be allocated M33 with a Category 7 ticket when the seats just one bay over are about $200 more
Damn! That's extremely lucky. You'll be behind the cheersquad. So itll be a good atmosphere.

My understanding of Legend membership was that you got a guaranteed GF ticket and that was it - i.e no priority on where those seats are.

I think you are right to feel begrudged though and personally I'd be reconsidering Legends membership going forward as it does seem like a pretty average deal. Seems like you are better off stowing away what you save from not buying a Legends membership for 7 years and investing that into buying prime seats off a scalper which really sucks.

I chucked in my Legends membership in 2012, and kept the AFL. After I was given a ticket up the top in the GF, I felt the value was diminished. I also had it for the guaranteed GF ticket at the time, which I no longer need as a full AFL member.

I chucked in my Legends membership in 2012, and kept the AFL. After I was given a ticket up the top in the GF, I felt the value was diminished. I also had it for the guaranteed GF ticket at the time, which I no longer need as a full AFL member.
What row are you? I am in K.

Q33 row H - Ponsford End (right behind the goals).

Legends member - category 4.
42305830_1855031397929218_945313553001218048_o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having sat in Row B of top deck Ponsford for semi final, and normally with reserved seats 19 rows back in bottom deck... the front of top deck holds up pretty well... and the front of the 3rd even better.

I think you might actually find it an upgrade on 2010.

Hahaha. I understand what you're meaning re: the view/perspective, but ... the atmosphere in that bay on that day was unbelievable.
What row were you? Hopefully I'm far enough back

I was about 15-20 rows back in the '10 replay, the next bay to the left... from memory that far back will be fine... having said that the atmosphere in that section during the third quarter particularly (e.g. after Didak's smother and snap) was the greatest I've ever experienced at any sporting event I've been to. I think that should more than compensate for any momentary block of the view.

Yes well that’s the thing, we also have AFL gold memberships that we could’ve used up until this year we found out that now if you hold both a club membership with seating allocation for the GF and are a full AFL member those barcodes/member designations are combined now so you can only get one? Which is fine I understand the scalping prevention concept behind that no issue, but given how we’ve supported the club for years and bought top membership only to get these shithouse friggin tickets when we could’ve just used our AFL ones for a lot less money and gotten much better seats it’s definitely outlived it’s value, especially when you get the dismissive and flippant response from the club when you call up just “bad luck”.

Really quite disappointing, so much for its us against them

Legends member, M33 row N. Classed as Category 3 ticket , considered category 1 by me!

The reality is that there are very few category 1 seats allocated to club members . From what I’m told by someone in marketing at an afl club , as much as 80% of the category 1 seats go to corporate packages . Afl doesn’t make this info public in their ticket disclosure material as they know what the reaction will be

I know how you feel! I’m not enjoying the build up just scrambling for a ticket. Got irons in the fire but nothing concrete

That’s why I’ve given it up. Happy enough to go into the ballot for if we won the prelim and hopeful of getting a ticket but when that didn’t eventuate I’m just concentrating on the week coming up instead and watching on tv with a bbq and a few beers instead.

That’s why I’ve given it up. Happy enough to go into the ballot for if we won the prelim and hopeful of getting a ticket but when that didn’t eventuate I’m just concentrating on the week coming up instead and watching on tv with a bbq and a few beers instead.
FAir enough. I’ve been to 3 losing ones so just want to tick it off the bucket list. 2011 I managed to get some for $300 so holding hope now as I’m prepared to spend $1000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back