News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trust me I know where Q54 is, it’s right up in the nosebleeds of the Olympic stand - these are the $180 seats, not friggin $410 ones

Looking at the seating map, the seating classification, it seems that they’ve charged you for what they’ve given you?

For reference, I’m in a lower class area in Q57 (Also top deck of Olympic, where I will be bathing in the glow of the big screen ) and mine was $300.

I guess the problem is that everybody values seats differently. Some folks want to see the beads of sweat flying off the players on impact. Some folks want to see the whole map of battle laid out below them. For some reason, the organisation who determines seat classification (AFL? MCC? Ticketek?) seem to think that your seats are pretty good ones.

FWIW, there’s a 70% likelihood that you’ll be feeling chuffed about your seats on Saturday when it’s raining and your family are all snuggled together under cover.

Yes well that’s the thing, we also have AFL gold memberships that we could’ve used up until this year we found out that now if you hold both a club membership with seating allocation for the GF and are a full AFL member those barcodes/member designations are combined now so you can only get one? Which is fine I understand the scalping prevention concept behind that no issue, but given how we’ve supported the club for years and bought top membership only to get these shithouse friggin tickets when we could’ve just used our AFL ones for a lot less money and gotten much better seats it’s definitely outlived it’s value, especially when you get the dismissive and flippant response from the club when you call up just “bad luck”.

Really quite disappointing, so much for its us against them
I’m a little confused by this. So AFL gold with Collingwood club support plus Legends membership is now considered just one combined membership?

I watched the 2010 GF Replay sitting in Q53, maybe around AA or BB.

The view was unbelievable. Didn't care I wasn't close, I felt close. Saw nearly every clash, every handball.

It looks like the whole 'Priority 1' for members is geared around just getting a ticket, not so much the location of the seat. Obv. Level 2 is for the royalty while we have to slum it in the sky.

But I wouldn't care if I had to sit on a light tower. So rapt to be going now.

I watched the 2010 GF Replay sitting in Q53, maybe around AA or BB.

The view was unbelievable. Didn't care I wasn't close, I felt close. Saw nearly every clash, every handball.

It looks like the whole 'Priority 1' for members is geared around just getting a ticket, not so much the location of the seat. Obv. Level 2 is for the royalty while we have to slum it in the sky.

But I wouldn't care if I had to sit on a light tower. So rapt to be going now.

Level 2 is the dream, i was there for the replay, 3 rows from the front.. Right next to the 1966 Saints premiership team, i could see the sun glistening in every tear drop that streamed down their faces.

Currently couch bound for this year unless a hail mary comes through for me, would gladly sit on Caitlyn Jenner's lap to watch it at the ground.

Looking at my 2010 ticket I was in Q9. And I was thrilled (free ticket added bonus)

This time just above the goals

Q34 Row X

Screen_Shot_2018-09-24_at_2.13.14_pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the seating map, the seating classification, it seems that they’ve charged you for what they’ve given you?

For reference, I’m in a lower class area in Q57 (Also top deck of Olympic, where I will be bathing in the glow of the big screen ) and mine was $300.

I guess the problem is that everybody values seats differently. Some folks want to see the beads of sweat flying off the players on impact. Some folks want to see the whole map of battle laid out below them. For some reason, the organisation who determines seat classification (AFL? MCC? Ticketek?) seem to think that your seats are pretty good ones.

FWIW, there’s a 70% likelihood that you’ll be feeling chuffed about your seats on Saturday when it’s raining and your family are all snuggled together under cover.

I really hope to god then it pours cos I am feeling most aggrieved at the moment at paying so much for tickets and other people who have paid much less get far far better tickets. Would’ve thought the club would’ve at least pretended to be concerned about their members but clearly I was wearing some rose-coloured psychedelic tripping shades thinking that was the case grrr

Much as it pains me dammit I’m cancelling this legendsmembership now, what’s the point I’m getting no more benefit for the grand or so a year BY FOUR than we’re getting with our gold AFL ones, I’d rather save the money and use it to sponsor a player instead, the club obviously don’t value the past 15 years of my custom

Quick question, sorry if it's already been asked.

What's the consequences of not having AFL membership but buying a ticket off an AFL member. I have someone willing to sell their tickets but just don't want to risk their membership or not getting into the game. I had an AFL members ticket for the prelim and didn't get checked but they were announcing they were doing random checks. Anyone had experiences with this?

TIA

What's the consequences of not having AFL membership but buying a ticket off an AFL member. I have someone willing to sell their tickets but just don't want to risk their membership or not getting into the game. I had an AFL members ticket for the prelim and didn't get checked but they were announcing they were doing random checks. Anyone had experiences with this?

TIA
From the AFL membership thread on the main board, they are doing random checks, and kicking people out if they're caught. From what I've heard, they're really ramping up checks in recent years. Buy tickets with caution.

I feel incredibly lucky to be allocated M33 with a Category 7 ticket when the seats just one bay over are about $200 more
Those are great seats and you're extremely lucky, but I also think this is the fallacy of the ticketing system.

I understand there's a small obstruction in M33 because of the cheersquad and them waving flags at certain times, but how is M33 category 7, but Q49 and Q50 (nosebleed area) are category 4 and cost heaps more?

TIA
There is ramifications for the Ticket Holder - last year a mate sold theres - ticket buyer got spot checked. He got his membership downgraded from Gold to Silver for one year.

I’m a little confused by this. So AFL gold with Collingwood club support plus Legends membership is now considered just one combined membership?

No, not correct - I know of people who have both and have got their legends seats and their afl membership barcodes were also used for tickets.

Sorry for the question but you guys might be more aware of the answer...

Does the "S" in SM3 or SQ3 refer to standing area at the back of M3/Q3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back