Resource 2018 Finals - Ticketing, ticket swaps and such - PRELIM EDITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone actually bought seats to keep empty, I will happily buy two off you for face value. There are now some semi affordable flights available...

Just heard Gerard Whateley teasing something on SEN. Announcement at 10.30

Words to the effect of "There are currently 2600 melbourne supporters going to Perth on the weekend that means there are a hell of a lot not making the trek. If you know a Melbourne fan, get them to a radio"

My guess would be some kind of giveaway with plane tickets attached.

I would hide this for myself from you flogs but unfortunately I have a wedding on Saturday.

I know it's a strange angle to take from that comment, but why do they ignore the 1,000 or so members who live in Perth and are going to the game...

If anyone actually bought seats to keep empty, I will happily buy two off you for face value. There are now some semi affordable flights available...

Did anyone actually buy tickets then choose not to attend? I thought it was just being spoken about to take the piss...

I think he meant Melbourne sold 2600 of their allocated amount. So that would include Perth members

Yeah I know, just the way it said is that every single person who is a Melbourne supporter and is attending is coming from Melbourne...and not 10kms away like I am haha

Just to let you know that in all of our recent grand finals, all P1 and P2 members got tickets, along with a handful of P3 in standing room. Yes, we played interstate clubs not Richmond or Colljngwood, but we also had more members than you do now. The take up is usually around 50%. Most people do not bring their kids as there are no kids GF tickets - just adult and concession ($200+) (but you can bring your child for free if under 4). I reckon most or all of your P2 members will get a ticket, and some P3s. Just remember to register all P1s together, P2s together, etc. Do not mix them up.
Why’s that?

Why’s that?
They get grouped as the lowest common group, so if you have p1 members (who may be guaranteed a ticket) mixed in with p2 members (who may not) then p1 forfeit the right to their p1 'perks' and consequently are now viewed as p2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi
Flying into Melbourne Thursday 27th. Yes I know we are not there yet but, hey maybe, just maybe before leaving this mortal coil I will see a winning grand final as opposed to record losing ones. Got on the bandwagon in 1966 and "enjoyed" the ride ever since. If anyone can help with a Gf ticket I would very much appreciate it (understatement) Can only offer financial compensation and my gratification. Thanks.

Last edited:
Be careful priority one members, I just saw this on the website:

Priority 1 Members Please Note:
At the time of registration, members can elect not to receive Standing Room ticket(s), however we strongly recommend all members select Option 1 – ‘I will accept the best available ticket – including Standing Room’ at the time of registering to retain guaranteed (P1) access to a Grand Final ticket.

Be careful priority one members, I just saw this on the website:

Priority 1 Members Please Note:
At the time of registration, members can elect not to receive Standing Room ticket(s), however we strongly recommend all members select Option 1 – ‘I will accept the best available ticket – including Standing Room’ at the time of registering to retain guaranteed (P1) access to a Grand Final ticket.

Strange they mention that, surely it won’t make a difference for P1? Don’t think we have enough P1 members to take up all the reserved seats....

Hi
Flying into Melbourne Thursday 27th. Yes I know we are not there yet but, hey maybe, just maybe before leaving this mortal coil I will see a winning grand final as opposed to record losing ones. Got on the bandwagon in 1966 and "enjoyed" the ride ever since. If anyone can help with a Gf ticket I would very much appreciate it (understatement) Can only offer financial compensation and my gratification. Thanks.
This is obviously implied, but are you not a member?

Strange they mention that, surely it won’t make a difference for P1? Don’t think we have enough P1 members to take up all the reserved seats....

Agree! I would be annoyed if I get standing room as a P1 member.

I don't know if this is doing the reply thing or not but...
Was for many years through 70's to 90's, even had my 2 boys at birth for Mcc membership which I never achieved. They let theirs lapse when in 20's. Tyranny of distance and finances so last many years I have just been a remote supporter with the odd game and training session if I was in melb.
This is obviously implied, but are you not a member?

Agree! I would be annoyed if I get standing room as a P1 member.
I dunno mate, I was in standing room at the "G" in 1989 when we beat SA, 92,000 people and the atmosphere was unbelievable, so it didn't matter that you weren't seated. I will take anything if we get through.
Very smooth process to register. 3 days away from the game and am getting jittery already.

However, I think I have made a big mistake as I have already booked flights and accommodation for the B & F on 1 October. Will be on the phone to try and rearrange my flight into Melbourne late this Saturday afternoon i'm thinking.

Go Dees.

Priority 1 member - Grand Final application done.

I ticked I didn't want standing room so if I miss out on a ticket* when I have had grand final guarantee tickets for 10 years I am going to be super pissed. Especially since I have paid for cat 1 tickets through the finals.

* If we win this week of course

Wow... What a whirlwind night last night... Decided to take advantage of the additional Jetstar flights and ended up finding an incredibly helpful ticket re-seller based in Perth who didn't completely fleece me (only feeling about 30% gouged). Going to be a brutal itinerary though.

Friday 2pm - Depart Echuca, collect wife (Collingwood supporter) from Bendigo and head to the G
Saturday 12am - Return to Bendigo (couldn't justify paying for a hotel room for a few hours in Melb)
Saturday 4.30am - Depart Bendigo for 7.30 flight to Perth
Return to Melb Sunday morning, most likely with a crippling hangover as I'm going with my old man who drinks like a bloody fish.

CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back