Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Just to let you know that in all of our recent grand finals, all P1 and P2 members got tickets, along with a handful of P3 in standing room. Yes, we played interstate clubs not Richmond or Colljngwood, but we also had more members than you do now. The take up is usually around 50%. Most people do not bring their kids as there are no kids GF tickets - just adult and concession ($200+) (but you can bring your child for free if under 4). I reckon most or all of your P2 members will get a ticket, and some P3s. Just remember to register all P1s together, P2s together, etc. Do not mix them up.

Yay noise and all that s**t, but I'm loving the idea of going into a 2300 - 57,700 minority. Bring it on.
I did the 2016 Port game which was 33k total and would have been lucky to be 1k Dees. It’s pretty fun

Yay noise and all that s**t, but I'm loving the idea of going into a 2300 - 57,700 minority. Bring it on.

Have been doing it with a lot less than 4% of the crowd for the past 30 years, nothing new there!

Got my bay 125 ticket...

Have been doing it with a lot less than 4% of the crowd for the past 30 years, nothing new there!

Bring on the deafening boos. It's a beautiful thing.

What is the likelihood a priority two will get selected? Or is most/all likely to go priority one? Hopes of attending have dropped significantly!

I upgraded my membership near the end of the year to have priority one. On the phone I was told that they will sell a maximum of 12,000 memberships with priority one, which basically means reserved seats of any level and regular GA members who added the GF guarantee.

That leaves 4000 for the ballot.

Priority 2 is basically all other normal, non-reserved seat members.

Priority 3 is basically the cheap memberships with very few perks (e.g. 3 game, MCC crossover etc)

I'd be very surprised if less than 4000 priority 2 members registered. I'm not sure how the 2 vs 3 stuff gets worked out then.

Maybe you would get 5-6000 if some priority 1s drop out.

Sep 3, 2004
In a pineapple under the sea
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Magic, Vikings, All Blacks
I upgraded my membership near the end of the year to have priority one. On the phone I was told that they will sell a maximum of 12,000 memberships with priority one, which basically means reserved seats of any level and regular GA members who added the GF guarantee.

That leaves 4000 for the ballot.

Priority 2 is basically all other normal, non-reserved seat members.

Priority 3 is basically the cheap memberships with very few perks (e.g. 3 game, MCC crossover etc)

I'd be very surprised if less than 4000 priority 2 members registered. I'm not sure how the 2 vs 3 stuff gets worked out then.

Maybe you would get 5-6000 if some priority 1s drop out.
I’m a demon seats reserve member but I’m only priority 2

I’m a demon seats reserve member but I’m only priority 2

Okay sorry. Yes only "Demon Seats Plus" included the GF guarantee.

I don't recall actually seeing Demons Seat (non-plus) as an option when buying memberships. I had thought they re-jigged things. May I ask how much it was?

Sep 3, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

I don't recall actually seeing Demons Seat (non-plus) as an option when buying memberships. I had thought they re-jigged things. May I ask how much it was?
It was $340. I assumed we were in the demon seats plus open air but I guess I may have been wrong? Do you know how much the demon seats plus were?

Sep 3, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

Sorry, just checked my membership account, I have a reserve seat home membership. I was sue they were demon seats.

Just to let you know that in all of our recent grand finals, all P1 and P2 members got tickets, along with a handful of P3 in standing room. Yes, we played interstate clubs not Richmond or Colljngwood, but we also had more members than you do now. The take up is usually around 50%. Most people do not bring their kids as there are no kids GF tickets - just adult and concession ($200+) (but you can bring your child for free if under 4). I reckon most or all of your P2 members will get a ticket, and some P3s. Just remember to register all P1s together, P2s together, etc. Do not mix them up.

Did P1 members get first pick of the Category 1 tickets? Or is the allocation completely random?

Got my bay 125 ticket...

Bring on the deafening boos. It's a beautiful thing.

Me too. At least we're right next to the player's race.

Just heard Gerard Whateley teasing something on SEN. Announcement at 10.30

Words to the effect of "There are currently 2600 melbourne supporters going to Perth on the weekend that means there are a hell of a lot not making the trek. If you know a Melbourne fan, get them to a radio"

My guess would be some kind of giveaway with plane tickets attached.

I would hide this for myself from you flogs but unfortunately I have a wedding on Saturday.

It was $340. I assumed we were in the demon seats plus open air but I guess I may have been wrong? Do you know how much the demon seats plus were?

Demon Seats Plus Home were 429. I believe it was pretty much the cheapest membership you could buy that guaranteed GF access, which is why I got it.

eskimo

All Australian
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone know how to navigate Ticketek to get to the registartion part? I click the link and it just takes me Ticketek Home Page, and i can't find it anywhere on the site.

Or i could wait til Wednesday!! Idiot!

Last edited:
Anyone know how to navigate Ticketek to get to the registartion part? I click the link and it just takes me Ticketek Home Page, and i can't find it anywhere on the site.

The link won't be active until Wednesday.

From the email:

It is strongly recommended that you register for the ballot online at ticketek.com.au (this link will be active from Wednesday, 19 September)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back