Autopsy 2018 Finals Week 1 - What did you like, learn or hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked - Dees
Learned - cats aren’t contending any time soon (also a like), ditto swans
Hated - 2/3rds of posters in this thread are wce supporters

Liked: My team doesn't play away from the MCG again this year! You know what that means? It means I don't have to watch channel 7 again until March 2019. That's 192 days. Hallelujah! No more Lingy, Richo & Darc. No more Bruce. No more McLauchlan. No more shitty promos, shitty voice overs, shitty commentary with NO analysis. No more roaming Brian. And how about the way they put the camera on the player they think is most culpable for a team's loss, immediately after the final siren. They did it to Mihocek this week (because he missed some easy goals). That is bullying, plain & simple. **** 7. I'm surprised they haven't put bollards around their studio.

Learned: That West Coast fans boo Chris Mayne. Please explain.

Hated: Jayden Short. Remember how the Higgins goal dominated the airwaves after the Pies / Tigers game? It shouldn't have. There was a bigger issue. This kid Short was allowed, not once but twice, to enter the protected zone for a handball receive, and kick booming goals from 60, while the Pies players were ordered by the umpire to stay out. Short pulled the same stunt this weekend against the Hawks, and still it isn't being discussed. So I'll discuss it. First thing I want to know is, who at AFL house did Jayden blow to get special dispensation to enter the protected zone, when every other player in the competition has to stay out. Did he help Gil get an au pair? What the **** is going on here? The two people laughing their heads off at the end of this weekend's footy are Jayden Short, and the karate kid from GWS. They both made the umpiring dept look stupid. That's not difficult though. You could even see the smirk on Jeremy Cameron's face after his teammate did it. They're laughing at you Gil. ******* do something for once in your life. You let the airlines screw us over. You let the ticket agencies screw us over. You ****** up the finals fixture. Now the players are exploiting your rule book. Get your ass out of your office Gil, and ******* do something. And when you do, do it quietly. I don't want to hear that deep drawl you call a voice. If I ever hear it again I don't know what I'll do.

Hated: Collingwood players joking at training last week about Pendles' illness. Well, the jokes on you. It was a real thing, and it ****** us in the end. Hated Taylor Adams getting a head knock and leaving the field for quite a while in that last quarter. I thought we regained control just prior to that.

Hated: Jon Ralph trying to get Levi Greenwood suspended after the match. **** you Jon. And a special shout out to Josh Schonafinger. 'Luck of the draw' Josh? Really? We let you work at our club for 6 months and this is how you repay us? Don't bother coming back because you're not welcome. All that time at La Trobe, and now you're just a shitkicker for Matt Thompson. Was it really worth it?

Hated: Wet weather football - too many goals thru luck instead of skill. Lets start the season a month later, so the finals are dry.

Hated: Sydney v GWS. A rolling maul. Here's how to resolve it - pay incorrect disposal. Real simple. None of this 'it spilled out in the tackle' bullshit.

Hated: I sound like a broken record, but the eyes don't lie. The Tigers flaunting the rule book to break the game open. 5 times I saw a push in the back in pack marking contests, then run on to the spilled ball unopposed. Only the umpires can beat the Tigers this year, and they don't seem interested. B2B without a doubt. The season's done. It's all theirs. So much for Clarkson's genius. Listening to Brad Scott today, I reckon Leppitsch should have stood on the dais last September instead of Hardwick. He's most responsible for their success. Oh, and well done Trent. You kept your fists to yourself this weekend.

I did it again. All hate. Something positive. Something positive. Think. The Dees are good. Premiers in 2019. I liked everyone wearing their traditional strips. I think all the teams did. Pies were good. They'll have to get better. Well done Trav. Very strong. Giants impressive. Congrats to the Swans for making the finals for the 20th time in 23 years. You've got a great culture and you deserve all the success that comes your way. Did I get that right?

192 days. **** yeah!
Protected zone of your own team...lol

Liked: My team doesn't play away from the MCG again this year! You know what that means? It means I don't have to watch channel 7 again until March 2019. That's 192 days. Hallelujah! No more Lingy, Richo & Darc. No more Bruce. No more McLauchlan. No more shitty promos, shitty voice overs, shitty commentary with NO analysis. No more roaming Brian. And how about the way they put the camera on the player they think is most culpable for a team's loss, immediately after the final siren. They did it to Mihocek this week (because he missed some easy goals). That is bullying, plain & simple. **** 7. I'm surprised they haven't put bollards around their studio.

Hated: Jayden Short. Remember how the Higgins goal dominated the airwaves after the Pies / Tigers game? It shouldn't have. There was a bigger issue. This kid Short was allowed, not once but twice, to enter the protected zone for a handball receive, and kick booming goals from 60, while the Pies players were ordered by the umpire to stay out. Short pulled the same stunt this weekend against the Hawks, and still it isn't being discussed. So I'll discuss it. First thing I want to know is, who at AFL house did Jayden blow to get special dispensation to enter the protected zone, when every other player in the competition has to stay out. Did he help Gil get an au pair? What the **** is going on here? The two people laughing their heads off at the end of this weekend's footy are Jayden Short, and the karate kid from GWS. They both made the umpiring dept look stupid. That's not difficult though. You could even see the smirk on Jeremy Cameron's face after his teammate did it. They're laughing at you Gil. ******* do something for once in your life. You let the airlines screw us over. You let the ticket agencies screw us over. You ****** up the finals fixture. Now the players are exploiting your rule book. Get your ass out of your office Gil, and ******* do something. And when you do, do it quietly. I don't want to hear that deep drawl you call a voice. If I ever hear it again I don't know what I'll do.

Hated: Collingwood players joking at training last week about Pendles' illness. Well, the jokes on you. It was a real thing, and it ****** us in the end. Hated Taylor Adams getting a head knock and leaving the field for quite a while in that last quarter. I thought we regained control just prior to that.

Hated: Jon Ralph trying to get Levi Greenwood suspended after the match. **** you Jon. And a special shout out to Josh Schonafinger. 'Luck of the draw' Josh? Really? We let you work at our club for 6 months and this is how you repay us? Don't bother coming back because you're not welcome. All that time at La Trobe, and now you're just a shitkicker for Matt Thompson. Was it really worth it?

Hated: Wet weather football - too many goals thru luck instead of skill. Lets start the season a month later, so the finals are dry.

Hated: Sydney v GWS. A rolling maul. Here's how to resolve it - pay incorrect disposal. Real simple. None of this 'it spilled out in the tackle' bullshit.

Hated: I sound like a broken record, but the eyes don't lie. The Tigers flaunting the rule book to break the game open. 5 times I saw a push in the back in pack marking contests, then run on to the spilled ball unopposed. Only the umpires can beat the Tigers this year, and they don't seem interested. B2B without a doubt. The season's done. It's all theirs. So much for Clarkson's genius. Listening to Brad Scott today, I reckon Leppitsch should have stood on the dais last September instead of Hardwick. He's most responsible for their success. Oh, and well done Trent. You kept your fists to yourself this weekend.

I did it again. All hate. Something positive. Something positive. Think. The Dees are good. Premiers in 2019. I liked everyone wearing their traditional strips. I think all the teams did. Pies were good. They'll have to get better. Well done Trav. Very strong. Giants impressive. Congrats to the Swans for making the finals for the 20th time in 23 years. You've got a great culture and you deserve all the success that comes your way. Did I get that right?

192 days. **** yeah!
Show me on the bear where the tigers injured you

My god... you know its millions vs billions

Do you realise how much 100 billion is?

Weve paid, paid interest, interest on the interest and a mafia vigourish on top.

Victoria has *NEVER* been on the receiving end of fed/state distributions. Can you say the same? Whatever you're putting in, it isn't coming our way.

If you factor in interest, inflation, and a significantly larger economy, I dare say we've put in noticeably more over the journey too.

Victoria has *NEVER* been on the receiving end of fed/state distributions. Can you say the same? Whatever you're putting in, it isn't coming our way.

If you factor in interest, inflation, and a significantly larger economy, I dare say we've put in noticeably more over the journey too.
Dare say all you like - that means you think - not that you have any facts and figures.

Labors debt - tony abbotts springboard to election - the debt that was going to kill our country was 50 billion dollars.

Well the east took 100 billion out of our economy based on nonnrenewable asset income.

Whilst ensuring that the billions in victoria and nsw earned by the state governments there - was excluded from the gst calculations.

For the last 3 years here we have gad a massive recession - thousands have had to sell up for 10c on the dollar and leave the town of 30000 i live in and most every other town in wa.

When the gfc hit - australia rode high on wa’s back - when our gfc hit we got less than fa - our share of federal income was reduced.

Liked: I thought the umpiring all weekend was pretty decent. Much better than the H&A season.
Learned: Sydney's score of 30 was the lowest I could find in a final since 1960, when Collingwood scored 14 points in the Grand Final due to torrential rain for a week leading up to the game.
Hated: Not much. Possibly having to play Collingwood in the prelim so we get to re-live the Ticketek disaster. Commentary on Channel 7 is pretty bad, as usual.

192 days. **** yeah!
Liked....no loved, that this guy is so upset. Love it

Put it this way. If WA left Australia, you'd all be screwed. We'd likely be the richest country in the world per capita.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put it this way. If WA left Australia, you'd all be screwed. We'd likely be the richest country in the world per capita.

and all the profits would still go to the rest of Australia...We'd be right.

(Who do you think owns most of the shares in the mining companies?).

Feel free to leave. We'd be OK. Enjoy paying for your own defense force though.

192 days. **** yeah!

hahah wtf?!

the player whos team has the ball is allowed to run into the protected zone, and if he chooses to do so then an oppo player can follow him in

dont blame jayden short for collingwood players being asleep twice in the space of a min, poor discipline on their part

also ******* LOL at all the other drivel, weve been reamed by umps all year long while the pies have been sucked off all year long

and all the profits would still go to the rest of Australia...We'd be right.

(Who do you think owns most of the shares in the mining companies?).

Feel free to leave. We'd be OK. Enjoy paying for your own defense force though.

Well maybe no. Id've though the biggest slice, the royalties from gas & iron ore, would be sorely missed by the remainder of the Federation via a huge hit on the budget.

Liked a few things:
Varcoes Goal and rundown tackle on Shuey
Elliot Yeo's performance on the weekend.
Steele Sidebottoms elite ball use is just beautiful to watch
Goldsack coming back from a knee reco as early and as well as he did.
Eddy McGuires eyes bulging when he thought Mason Cox should have got a free kick

Learnt:
Melbourne are the real deal and will be very very hard to stop
Shaun Burgoyne seems to have gotten old overnight
Higgins football brain is huge
Geelong are a team of superstars but are far from a superstar team

Hated:
Tony Jones stating that if West Coast make the granny it is a wasted spot ( if anyone gets there they earned it )
Freo supporters complaining about umpires at the WC / Coll game just because they hate West Coast
Toby Green being allowed to use MMA rules in the AFL

Liked: the dees.good to see.
Wc v pies. Cracking game.

Learnt: it would've been better for us to miss the finals.
Buddy shouldn't have played. Clearly wasn't fit.
We need some mass list change ups. Just like Geelong, old and slow.

Hated:f off Richmond
Toby Greene. Grubbiest grub in the game.
The way we went out.
The insults from roosters and sharks fans on their way to the league game.

More on that bit..
League and afl fans should almost never cross over in real life. And if they ever do, why should anyone add insult to injury to the other codes fans? To me, this is why league is such a thugs game and why they have such a bad reputation. The amount of words coming out of roosters and cronulla fans mouths as we left the scg was disgraceful.

Don't worry about the Roosters and Sharks fans, there is only 34 of them combined........If it was a better game more that 8 people would turn up to watch

Skills
Absolutely , and bad kicking and bad handballs and fumbling and falling over , and the usual umpiring rules blundering.

Don't anyone tell me that there are more than maybe 50 really elite "FOOTBALLERS" (I mean footballers) playing our game now days, and getting paid fortunes???
Why are players standing off, and in FINALS guarding and not cutting the ring off and tackling , basketball is played on a wooden floored small court, not on a large paddock.
This weekends finals have been quite unremarkable, forget what the sycophants on fox footy say.
Collingwood can't score , either can the Eagles, yet some horrid decisions, and terrible slippery conditions killed off the better team tonight , Collingwood, dare I say it!
Eagles may get one mopre win , no hope of a flag.

Did you actually watch the game?
Very Very evenly matched game - conditions had NOTHING to do with it, they both played with the same ball on the same deck and breathed the same air. The forward line was the only real difference in the game.
23 free kicks each
51 inside 50s each
36-37 Clearances
169-164 Contested Poss
10-8 Marks inside 50
28-49 hit outs
5 goals to 1 in the last quarter was the only meaningful difference.

Liked - that west coast won, even though at 3qtr time Collingwood were "just one quarter away from a most famous victory"

Learnt - That it is ok to throw the ball, particularly the two handed scoop after diving on the ball.

Hated - channel 7 commentary. Just...just....so bad. Wrong player names, biased calls, constant replays and talk on one wrong umpire call then glossing over the complete same call the other way. dribbling crap and showing replays while the actual live game is under way. I could go on for hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back