Autopsy 2018 Finals Week 1 - What did you like, learn or hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

HTF did this thread get derailed by multinational tax, state wealth, the GST and seceding from the rest of Australia?

The usual way. Vic fans says WA is backward. WA fan replies saying they support the rest of Australia with mining. Vic supporter says Vic companies own mines. And around we go.

and all the profits would still go to the rest of Australia...We'd be right.

(Who do you think owns most of the shares in the mining companies?).

Feel free to leave. We'd be OK. Enjoy paying for your own defense force though.

And they don’t even have a bank!

Don't know what some people here are smoking. Absolutely no way in the world are Richmond missing the grand final.
If we don't rock up on prelim day we won't make it. There are two ways I see us getting beaten - a team showing something they haven't all year or we don't rock up. There's a chance of one of those things happening - regardless of how much of a chance it is - there's a chance.

If we don't rock up on prelim day we won't make it. There are two ways I see us getting beaten - a team showing something they haven't all year or we don't rock up. There's a chance of one of those things happening - regardless of how much of a chance it is - there's a chance.
As an aside everyone ive talked to mates, workmates, other trades on site are pumping the Tiges tyres up, i dont mean a majority i mean 100% of all and sundry, when i counter them with that the best team on the day takes it i just get weird looks. I guess being a supporter for 37 years has resigned me to being a pessimistic old prick :oops:

Liked:
West Coast - injury to Sheppard early and they looked down and out at three quarter time. they lifted and produced a stunning last quarter.
Melbourne - similar scenes I imagine to when Richmond beat Geelong in the QF last year. Just unbridled joy. Great to see.
Collingwood - very, very good in defeat.

Learnt:
More reaffirmed than learnt, but Dustin Martin is built for finals footy.
GWS vs Melbourne grand final is paying $16. Not the worst way to spend a lobster if you ask me.

Hated:
Toby Greene's tactics
Injury to Sheppard

Liked:

Demons!!
GWS
West Coast
Collingwood's effort in the West

Learned:

Tigers and Pies won't leave the 'G now.

Hated:

Breust and Burgoyne misses.
Sydney game plan

Liked melbourne in the thick of it.
Could do a Richmond of last year.

Learnt to trust the game plan.
Tigers can switch it on.

Hate Toby Greens high kicks ( in soccer that would be a red card, it can potentially cause serious injury/and has).
Yet we pay tichy touch frees for Nothing!!
Wake up rules committee! I'll come give you a hand because clearly punishment befiting infringement is something you have trouble matching.

I was told the other day that Richmond was better than the threepeat hawks because they have a 3-1 record during home and away matches in that period.

So during the h&a season is only valid if it was Richmond lol.
Not better, but this bloke thinks there's a similarity
41491146_327808554458405_252144868384571392_n.jpg

Last edited:
What makes you think this is going to happen again considering we convincingly beat Richmond earlier in the year, albeit it was here in Perth. Back in the 90's we got trounced by Hawthorn in 1991, then in both 1992 and 1994 convincingly beat your team, Geelong - so things can change from year to year.

The 94 premiership came 3 years after a loss to Hawthorn in the gf. If history repeats itself, 2018 may be our year haha...

The 94 premiership came 3 years after a loss to Hawthorn in the gf. If history repeats itself, 2018 may be our year haha...

My belief is we can win if we get there

Why ...well the hawks of 2015 are better than Richmond 2018 ...watch the tigers posters scream .....sorry that team won three flags in a row

And we are better than 2015

That’s just my view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why ...well the hawks of 2015 are better than Richmond 2018 ...watch the tigers posters scream .....sorry that team won three flags in a row

That’s just my view

Definitely feel we're mentally tougher than 2015, and have played in Melbourne better. No NN and Gaff of course but I do think we still have enough depth when we get it going. Hawks in 15 and Tigers in 18 play very different styles too, so that's a factor. Tigers clear favourites but I do think our chances are better than what many think.

Definitely feel we're mentally tougher than 2015, and have played in Melbourne better. No NN and Gaff of course but I do think we still have enough depth when we get it going. Hawks in 15 and Tigers in 18 play very different styles too, so that's a factor. Tigers clear favourites but I do think our chances are better than what many think.
Yes agree
..we won 16 games with a brutal draw....what does that tell u...

You are not alone!
Watched the Granny at a mates place, still wasnt confident until 10 to go in the last quarter, everyone else was 'youve got it' at half time, i reverted to my mantra 'but it is Richmond'. I love the club heart and soul but 37 years of disapointment and being just thaaaat close before instilled a sense of something i just cant put my finger on

That’s just my view
If we win this year we will start favs to win it next year as well. Maybe in 13 months time we will also have 3 in a row?

Liked: West Coast. I think they've been the best team all year. I base that on what I've seen - not on what narrative the press run.
Learned: Dangerfield is not a team player and Selwood isn't very smart.
Hated: Commentary and media coverage. I get why fans say the commentary is biased - but really the commentators are knobs, desperately seeking an angle to impose their imprint on the game. The Coll/WCE game was framed as the Eagles are favorites and the Pies are underdogs - once that narrative was established Darcy and Brayshaw took their cue from there. The camera work/direction was shizenhousen. We get replays of inconsequential fumbles and miss turnovers in front of goal. And those aerial shots make me feel disoriented.
Forget team bias - think player bias. Let's name some names Rance just has to touch the ball and Mcavaney disolves into fits of ectasy. Dangerfield commits to a contest and he's hailed as being "wonderful" It ruins the commentary. God, I pine for the days of Doug Heywood, Peter Ewin and the ABC who let the picture tell the story and called the game with an impartiality and economy that was poetry.

Watched the Granny at a mates place, still wasnt confident until 10 to go in the last quarter, everyone else was 'youve got it' at half time, i reverted to my mantra 'but it is Richmond'. I love the club heart and soul but 37 years of disapointment and being just thaaaat close before instilled a sense of something i just cant put my finger on
when betts missed from 45....... i thought then...we are probably going to win
castagna's goal in the third and i knew it'd take a miracle to beat us

Liked: West Coast. I think they've been the best team all year. I base that on what I've seen - not on what narrative the press run.
Hated: Commentary and media coverage. I get why fans say the commentary is biased - but really the commentators are knobs, desperately seeking an angle to impose their imprint on the game. The Coll/WCE game was framed as the Eagles are favorites and the Pies are underdogs - once that narrative was established Darcy and Brayshaw took their cue from there. The camera work/direction was shizenhousen. We get replays of inconsequential fumbles and miss turnovers in front of goal. And those aerial shots make me feel disoriented.
Forget team bias - think player bias. Let's name some names Rance just has to touch the ball and Mcavaney disolves into fits of ectasy. Dangerfield commits to a contest and he's hailed as being "wonderful" It ruins the commentary. God, I pine for the days of Doug Heywood, Peter Ewin and the ABC who let the picture tell the story and called the game with an impartiality and economy that was poetry.
A Pies fan complaining about media bias. LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back