Resource 2018 Financial statement

Remove this Banner Ad

Operating revenue went up $18 mill though, and only $200k of that from increases from the AFL.

Add to that highest revenue earned by an AFL team, without pokies, and its quite extraordinary.
To summarise the Eagles have the highest revenue, highest profit (excluding all the bs development funding clubs add), most assets and equity, most cash available, highest membership and corporate revenue, 3rd highest in membership. I think we can safely say its pretty clear who is #1 in the AFL in terms of the biggest club.

The near 30 per cent increase in revenue over the year is staggering.

What is also impressive is the near $40m in cash, quite impressive considering the club is in the midst of constructing a new training facility.

Profit for the year is AFTER the contribution of nearly $4mil and accumulated surpluses is after a total contribution of $141mil to WA football

I don’t know what the Victorian clubs do but I’d be surprised if any of them filter money back into the VFL to anywhere near that extent if at all

And we earn $0 from pokies

Some mildly interesting bits in our financial report.

Firstly, here is how our Royalty payments work:

(a) Royalty For the 2018 financial year, the Consolidated Entity has been required to pay a royalty calculated as follows:
Base $1.1 million;
then 50% of net profit from $1.1 million to $2 million;
then 30% of net profit from $2 million to $5 million;
then 22.5% of net profit above $5 million.
The royalty agreement contains a minimum royalty payable of $1,400,000 with no maximum payable.

Secondly, the salary cap for 2019 is $12,085,000, up from $11,780,330 in 2018.

A whopping extra 1.6m in merchandise revenue thanks to the rebrand. Does seem less profitable when you look at the increase of merchandise expenses. Unsure how this directly relates however, surely ISC aren't more expensive than Puma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A whopping extra 1.6m in merchandise revenue thanks to the rebrand. Does seem less profitable when you look at the increase of merchandise expenses. Unsure how this directly relates however, surely ISC aren't more expensive than Puma.

Without looking at the report, could some of this extra cost and revenue be attributed to the premiership merch?

Without looking at the report, could some of this extra cost and revenue be attributed to the premiership merch?

Every time I attended a home game the majority of the 50k+ strong crowd had at least one piece of newly branded WCE apparel in addition to the members hats.

EDIT - The annual report is at 31 October 2018, it is likely there will be a flow on effect of premiership merchandise in the 2019 Financials.

Last edited:

Do we keep all the money from sales of official AFL apparel or does it go into a central fund and then distributed to all clubs? I might be getting confused with American sports here.

Didn't they have to rush more stuff in after selling out?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Well first of all they ran through an 11th hour order once they got through to the big dance, that doesn't come cheap. Then they would have near on sold out of that stock at the welcome home player party down at Langley Park so more premiership stock would have been ordered and subsequently sold. Merchandise sales is a big boost to the winner's bank balance.

And still i get the same pen and magnet combo since 2008
That thought occurred to me as well, shitty scarf that cost $2 to manufacture in Vietnam or somewhere, a couple of bumper stickers and the fridge magnet. We pay $1440 for two of us, surely they could be a little more generous considering the profits being made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back