News 2018 Fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

The teams we're likely to play twice are.....

Bombers, Port, Melbourne, Dogs, and Hawthorn.

You would argue that all of those sides will be better than they were in 2017, while we've lost an all-timer and are going to the draft.

We'll be lucky to crack 35k members this year....
No lucky to get 15k. Oh woe is us

I wonder how the retirement of Roo, Joey will impact membership. Ultimately the club is bigger but no doubt Roo would still have been the most popular player according to fans even last year.

Ultimately form especially early will gave greatest impact but its viable we don't hit 40k again.

Got a bad feeling we'll either get Melbourne or Essendon Round 1, and we don't want to start the year with a loss.

Other games we already know will be locked in:

Carlton v Richmond
Bulldogs v Collingwood
Geelong v Hawthorn

I'm gonna go a left field prediction and say that we will play Port Adelaide in Adelaide. I know, out there, right?

Seriously though, the fixture is so important to our chances next year. There's really no sense in predicting if we will or won't make finals until we see the draw.

Got a bad feeling we'll either get Melbourne or Essendon Round 1, and we don't want to start the year with a loss.

Carlton v Richmond
Bulldogs v Collingwood
Geelong v Hawthorn
Collingwood have requested Melbourne.

I wouldn't mind playing Hawthorn.

Reckon Eagles, Bulldogs will be in the mix though.

Carlton v Richmond
Bulldogs v Collingwood
Geelong v Hawthorn
We will flog both of those overrated campaigners.

Maybe 1 friday night game if we are lucky.
Plenty of shitty Sunday late arvo starts .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we get Norf. Can you imagine the banter between the two clubs in the lead up KellyMartin Round 1 Cup!

i dont get the pessimistic veiw for 2018 in all honesty ... we had the fixtrue from hell this year and we were only a game and % out of the 8 ... the two big retirments didnt register 10 ten b&f placings so they were not the things to keep us in the race until the last round ...
we actually play an attractive brand of footy thats entertaining to watch so i dont reckon we get punished for finishing just out of the 8 ..
Essendon WCE and Port should all expect a harder draw as would Richmond as the premiers.
with the likes of Bris GC North and Freo at the foot of the ladder all not renouned crowd pullers they will get the majority of the Sunday twilight games .. im thinking we will get a fairer draw and possibly more saturday night games in 2018

We performed OK for Friday nights - 2 W from 4 games

Problem is when we lost this year we got FLOGGED

But our floggings (around 50/ 60 pts) were an improvement on the previous season's floggings ( 80 and 100 pts) so we are, at least, heading in the right direction.

We also provided a few floggings of our own....Hawthorn and the Premiers by 60-70 points, don't forget!

How's that for glass half full? :)

Last edited:
The teams we're likely to play twice are.....

Bombers, Port, Melbourne, Dogs, and Hawthorn.

You would argue that all of those sides will be better than they were in 2017, while we've lost an all-timer and are going to the draft.

We'll be lucky to crack 35k members this year....
fairweather as lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back