2018 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't go to Adelaide once

We play Etihad better than the G

Our double ups are good but we have shown we can beat the cats and GWS away , plus wce are re building

How is draw terrible?

I have to agree with this. I would have preferred practice on the G because ultimately we have shown that we can't win there consistently enough.

Nope, couldn’t care less! It’s not the Swans with egg on their face but the AFL after we made two Grand Finals in spite of it!

Well that's just it there. None of the other clubs were concerned of it's unfairness either & nothing was done about it by us in the courts for fear of further retribution.
But yeah. Who cares that it happens in our competition?

We don't go to Adelaide once

We play Etihad better than the G

Our double ups are good but we have shown we can beat the cats and GWS away , plus wce are re building

How is draw terrible?

8 6 day breaks
How many games at the MCG again?
Look at the first 6 games any injuries and we can be 0-6 again.
Play the top 6 teams twice

Feels like a minor premier draw rather than a team that finished 6th

I like our double ups.
We should destroy WC, Hawks (finally) and North.
Very tough the amount of six day breaks. I'd have more confidence if the club showed any semblance of a rotation policy and had more depth to enact one.

H-A-T-E the amount of night games. No family membership for us this year. :mad:

Well that's just it there. None of the other clubs were concerned of it's unfairness either & nothing was done about it by us in the courts for fear of further retribution.
But yeah. Who cares that it happens in our competition?
I can’t take that seriously without any evidence to back it up. In your initial question, you spoke of present tense, not past, that doesn’t mean I wasn’t pissed off for following the rules. It’s in the past now, where it belongs!

8 6 day breaks
How many games at the MCG again?
Look at the first 6 games any injuries and we can be 0-6 again.
Play the top 6 teams twice

Feels like a minor premier draw rather than a team that finished 6th
You are trying to find excuses like if we have injuries or 6 day breaks

Our first 6 games look very winnable to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t take that seriously without any evidence to back it up. In your initial question, you spoke of present tense, not past, that doesn’t mean I wasn’t pissed off for following the rules. It’s in the past now, where it belongs!

It's not the first time I haven't had any idea what I was posting about Mick, both past & present.
Let's just put it in that file with all my other countless nonsense posts for everyone's sake & wait for the season to start.

For anyone at all who has anything to do with the club or AFL that reads this:

I am as passionate a Swans supporter you will ever meet. I fly all over the country to watch the boys play every year, spending thousands of $ to do so. I have bought memberships & merchandise above & beyond just to support the club. I'm certain there are many SA supporters like me too.

This is the thanks we get?! Are you fu**ing serious!?

Couldn't even get one... just ONE fu**ing game?!

Pathetic. Disappointing. A wasted opportunity.

Great work ruining all our hard work the last handful of years that we've achieved building support over here too.

As a sign of my disgust I might just keep my money this year. The AFL can GAGF.

Feel bad for you GtG - but happy for the team. That's two tough road trips we don't have. As a result we are a much better chance at a top 4 spot I reckon.
The Club should buy you a prelim ticket.

You are trying to find excuses like if we have injuries or 6 day breaks

Our first 6 games look very winnable to me

I like being the first on a new stadium. Obviously WC will train there, but, the won't be in their groove at the stadium.

Feel bad for you GtG - but happy for the team. That's two tough road trips we don't have. As a result we are a much better chance at a top 4 spot I reckon.
The Club should buy you a prelim ticket.
Cheers. I can certainly see the advantage for the club in the short term but things like this have the ability to undo years of hard work & promoting our brand to as many people in as many locations as possible is something I want my club to be brave enough to take the lead on. I want us to be the biggest club in Australia one day. We aren't going to do that only playing in Melb & Sydney.

But yes, good draw if you are taking into account win/loss potentiallity only.

It's not the first time I haven't had any idea what I was posting about Mick, both past & present.
Let's just put it in that file with all my other countless nonsense posts for everyone's sake & wait for the season to start.
Sounds good to me!

Looks quite a friendly draw. Six day breaks are irrelevant for contenders.

Especially as we are not travelling that much. Once to Perth, Once to Brisbane and then in Victoria or Sydney. The 6 day breaks can be a killer if you have a gruelling travelling schedule

Not true how do you think Richmond finished 3rd?
They beat the majority of teams and played great footy for most of the year. They didn't finish 3rd because they had an "easy" draw..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back