Prediction 2018 Fixture Predictions/Wish list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to Back travel around the bye week

Could be a good thing
If your going to do 2 interstate trips back to back then that is the best way to do it.

In general pretty happy with the fixture, being a bigger club we were always going to play interstate in perth twice with their new stadium, at least perhaps they will telecast it now on free to air.

Every Vic team goes interstate at least 5 times, so 6 isnt that bad.

Into the bye is a tough slog.
On the way out softens up before a couple of tough games pre-finals (Tigers & Port@AO)

We lost the corresponding game in 2016 for 7 of the first 12.

What i like:
Pies twice
No SCG game
Not playing Adelaide@AO
8 games @ the G. Another 3 and ill be happier

What i don't like:
2 games in Perth. We're clearly being used as a drawcard there. I don't mind, but 2 trips to WA should mean no more than 5 trips in a season.
6 games on the road. See above. I could handle this if there was one less trip to WA.
Dees @ Etihad. Should be a G game
Suns @ Metricon. 4 seasons in a row where we've travelled there.

Wishlist:
Hawks decline continues
Tigers have a year long hangover
WA teams don't figure out how to play their new ground
16 wins. Not undoable, but there can be no slips ups.

I'm pretty happy with the draw, we seem to be back in favour which is good for $$$. Away trip bye sandwich is a good time to have to travel. Collingwood, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Port and Richmond twice is good.

5 Friday games and a Thursday night game.

Home against Sydney and Adelaide is great.

Overall very fair draw, quite happy which feels odd.

I think it's okay. Not too much to complain about, but not the best either.

We didn't get the extra MCG game that we requested. Preferred to have Sydney at the MCG.

We're travelling 6 times again like we have the last 2 years.

We travel 4 times between round 10 and round 17 with the bye sandwiched in between which I think is perfect really. The other away games are round 2 and round 23 so I think we should be able to get some good consistency between round 3-9 and 17-22. That middle part of the year looks messy but with the bye might work perfectly. Overall pretty happy with the fixture.

So we have a 6 day break on the back of a 4 day break when we play Hawthorn in round 7? That's brutal.

One of Richmond and Melbourne should be playing on the Saturday in round 7 since they have a 5 day break heading into round 6. Collingwood, Richmond and Melbourne all play on the Sunday.

Well at least it's not a trip to Perth in 30 degree heat again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't complain too much. Plenty to like there.

4 day break after Anzac day is ridiculous, but I guess it goes with the territory. I feel that the shortened break should be leading into Anzac day, so at least the two teams playing are on equal footing.

Can't complain too much. Plenty to like there.

4 day break after Anzac day is ridiculous, but I guess it goes with the territory. I feel that the shortened break should be leading into Anzac day, so at least the two teams playing are on equal footing.
Exactly my thoughts, should always be this way if the AFL cared about the integrity and fairness of their draw. However what they actually want is $$$ and two fresh teams on ANZAC day is therefore more important to them.

What? We've been trying for how long to get our home game against Melbourne away from Melbourne's home ground.

it was less than successful. Probably ranks as the worst game we played all year.
I dont think we play the stadium well.

Edit - I see why its at Etihad.
The midweek Anzac round teams play on the sunday

Tigers v Pies @ G
Dons v Dees @ Etihad

Will be heading to both games.
Ill stop complaining, that's not a bad move by the AFL

So we have a 6 day break on the back of a 4 day break when we play Hawthorn in round 7? That's brutal.

One of Richmond and Melbourne should be playing on the Saturday in round 7 since they have a 5 day break heading into round 6. Collingwood, Richmond and Melbourne all play on the Sunday.

Well at least it's not a trip to Perth in 30 degree heat again.
Although we have that in Round 2.

Goooood

Exactly my thoughts, should always be this way if the AFL cared about the integrity and fairness of their draw. However what they actually want is $$$ and two fresh teams on ANZAC day is therefore more important to them.

Yeah. We'll have a classic awe inspiring hard fought victory over the Pies and then lose in a boring ho-hum half assed effort against the Dee's. Net value for the season is 0, just more chance of injury. Ah, well. Comes with the territory of being a great club. I know a Collingwood supporter who thinks his team suffers from 'blockbuster fatigue'. That is every opposition team treats the game against them as a 'blockbuster' and goes harder than normal, and at times during the year the Pies find it hard to 'get up' for games, resulting in occasional blowouts and 'unexplainable' very poor performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back