Prediction 2018 Fixture Predictions/Wish list

Remove this Banner Ad

So I think everyone has missed the most important, and disturbing, thing about our fixture next year... There appears to be only one opportunity for a Tanked in its traditional Saturday afternoon timeslot.

A few opportunities for away tanked's though

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Our home games at the MCG in the rain against Melbourne in 2011 and 2012 were far, far worse.
Don't bring rain into it. It could rain outside at Etihad with the roof shut and we'd still lose :p

I just don't like having to book seats to our games. Hence I don't care for us playing there. We're too big for the venue

So why do GC have a "home" game against Freo in Perth in round 3? Wouldn't it be better for all involved for it to be at the Gabba?
They sold it somehow because of the unavailabilty of Metricon stadium. They are probably making double the $$ by having it at Perth Stadium.

They sold it somehow because of the unavailabilty of Metricon stadium. They are probably making double the $$ by having it at Perth Stadium.
Yeah, I guess. Just think it's a bit unfair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
So why do GC have a "home" game against Freo in Perth in round 3? Wouldn't it be better for all involved for it to be at the Gabba?
3 week block where it’s law that no footy can be played in Queensland due to the Commonwealth Games.

3 week block where it’s law that no footy can be played in Queensland due to the Commonwealth Games.
There are games at the Gabba the week before and after?

Have just checked and it’s actually 2 weeks whilst the Games are on.
There are no games in Queensland in round 3 and 4
They probably should have done it in October. Basically no sport is played that time of year.

Sockeye

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

We should just buy everyone's home games and have 22 at the G!

But seriously what a crock of s**t.
Why do they have to 'sell' the game.
The AFL does the fixtures. Couldn't they have given Gold Coast an away game anyway and evened up later in the season with a home game?

Imagine if they lose to Freo by 1 point and miss finals because of it.

Money over football decisions ruin the credibility of the game.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
We should just buy everyone's home games and have 22 at the G!

But seriously what a crock of s**t.
Why do they have to 'sell' the game.
The AFL does the fixtures. Couldn't they have given Gold Coast an away game anyway and evened up later in the season with a home game?

Imagine if they lose to Freo by 1 point and miss finals because of it.

Money over football decisions ruin the credibility of the game.
Are you assuming they had to?
GCS were surely involved in the decision...

Back