News 2018 Fixture Request

Remove this Banner Ad

Good. And 11 home games please. I don't care if that means Easter Monday comes down the highway. If we can't have finals, we can at least get 11 HOME games.
Not sure from a commercial point of view we will ever have the full 11 home games, the club will want to do the 9/2 model so they can say to Melb based members we have these games for you to attend.

Not sure from a commercial point of view we will ever have the full 11 home games, the club will want to do the 9/2 model so they can say to Melb based members we have these games for you to attend.
There's always away games in Melbourne the club can sell memberships for. We make $1m+ from each KP game (plus our advantage of being a unique ground). Schedule more Saturday arvo games, and it becomes easier for Melbourne fans to come down. The club can sell a 3 game Geelong, 3 game Melbourne membership.

I like a couple of home games in Melbourne BUT I live in melbourne and only want MCG.
Extra MCG experience can only be a good thing for our team in finals.
On the other hand we aren't a melbourne based side so should if the club wants to have 11 Geelong home games. I see the benefits of a couple of extra MCG games but absolutely not Etihad!
If we make this year's Grand Final, having played in front of 100k mostly tiger fans it can only have helped us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL admitted the Round 21 decision was based on the Tigers’ dismal 2015 on-field form, making Carlton a prime candidate to make the trip down the Princes Highway next year.

The past five Carlton – Geelong games have attracted an average 35,000 fans at Etihad Stadium and have broken the 50,000 mark only twice since 1997.

---

So we'll see Richmond at KP again in 2019?

The Carlton request was obvious, there is no justifiable reason to play them at Etihad when the last few crowds we have had against them could have fit into GMHBA Stadium (I'm not an employee of GMHBA but I need to practice saying that mouthful as much as possible).

Clever as well to request we play them early in the year, on the off chance they actually come good it won't be seen as such an issue if we play them in round five.

The AFL admitted the Round 21 decision was based on the Tigers’ dismal 2015 on-field form, making Carlton a prime candidate to make the trip down the Princes Highway next year.

The past five Carlton – Geelong games have attracted an average 35,000 fans at Etihad Stadium and have broken the 50,000 mark only twice since 1997.

---

So we'll see Richmond at KP again in 2019?

Going on that, then Hawthorn is a certainty for a KP game. :)

Giddy up u brown and yellow bitches.
(I mean the form obviously- not the crowds)

And the Pies - 5 consecutive years without a finals appearance

Do we real want them stinking up our nice facilities and the dwarf punching holes in the walls.They should have to pay a bond if scheduled at GM*$@.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back