2018 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised they fixtured our game at 3:20pm on a Sunday. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting people into Ballarat for the weekend and doesn't allow the guys who live over in Adelaide to get to the game without taking the Monday off work.

Also sucks that Gold Coast come to Ballarat to play. Along with Freo, probably the least attractive for a nuetral in town or either supporter to really watch. Would've been great to see Sydney, GWS or even a West Coast be the other game for you guys.
That game along with all regional/games should be on Saturday's. Saturday arvo was ideal.

More people can attend city based games. I'm not a big fan of Sunday footy but that's when it works.

That game along with all regional/games should be on Saturday's. Saturday arvo was ideal.

More people can attend city based games. I'm not a big fan of Sunday footy but that's when it works.

You may need to consider local leagues play on Saturday which might limit local patronage.

You may need to consider local leagues play on Saturday which might limit local patronage.
The BFNL and CHFL play across the weekend. All Ballarat grounds are lit to the VFL standard and games are regularly played at night there at least once or twice a weekend.

Each team is doing that crap at some stage. North start out their season playing in the heat and sapping humidity of Cairns at the top end of Cyclone Season followed by their only Friday game for the season six days later. So, we all have to take a bite from the AFL's sh1t sandwich at some point ;)
The past three yrs we have had a six day break after Perth, I think it's the regularity that is starting to piss people off.

The past three yrs we have had a six day break after Perth, I think it's the regularity that is starting to piss people off.
Interestingly, a lot of North supporters on their thread reckon that that AFL is deliberately setting the Roos up to fail on GF. Personally I don't agree with that, but we all make of the draw what we will.

Interestingly, a lot of North supporters on their thread reckon that that AFL is deliberately setting the Roos up to fail on GF. Personally I don't agree with that, but we all make of the draw what we will.
Feel free to tell them they have had it a yr longer than us...

Feel free to tell them they have had it a yr longer than us...
True, and the truth is that you can't please everybody. I am just annoyed that they didn't keep it between the Dogs and the Roos. Between the two clubs they could have really made it into something. Perhaps set up an online donations link on both clubs, have shaker tins at each of their home games and play the GF game annually, for both Club Presidents to front up to the Channel 7 tally room at 11.55 pm and present a $700,000 cheque every year. That was the potential, and the AFL seem intent on highjacking it for their own ends.

Last edited:
Probably gonna come to Melbourne for one game. Sunday suits me best or Saturday night possibly. What game do you boys reckon I come and watch as I am a bit stumped/spoiled for choice hahah

I'm trying to figure out which game in June/July makes an ideal trip to Melbourne to watch my last game for at least a couple years before I go overseas. Weird feeling.

If you prefer Etihad, Round 15 against Cats.
If you prefer MCG, Round 17 against Dees.

I'm putting my request in to the club for the following games to be replacement games

Round 20 v Saints
Round 23 v Tigers at the G
You'd have to be a decent chance of getting that wish given there is only one home game in the 9 week period between July 7 and the Qualifying final - and that home game is in Ballarat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

become an atheist. you don't have to worry about religious dates and myths, but you can enjoy holidays without any prejudices. :p:p:p

I could never become an atheist. My religion forbids it.:!!:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back