Analysis 2018 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

"The fixture slots were confirmed by the AFL on Friday, with the Crows to face the Demons in an afternoon clash at TIO Traeger Park in round 10.

The Dockers will travel north to take on the Demons at Darwin's TIO Stadium in round 16 in a night clash"- AFL website.

Maybe, but its a s**t time slot for families with kids if you want to attend.
It's also super s**t for country supporters. But it's an improvement on last year. Last year i got into Melbourne at 10:30am and had to wait until 4:30pm, i didn't meet Striker until like 3:30pm so i was stuck at Etihad twiddling my thumbs.

3:20pm means the game finishes as 6pm which is when the last Vline leaves, the only other train that leaves is the XPT melbourne to Sydney that stops in benalla for me and that leaves at 7:50pm. Let me just run through a typical Sunday game for me to attend. I also have to book through NSW train link which is just a pain, because you gotta ask for a ticket, then they gotta ring NSW train link, then you have to wait for them to fax the ticket over to you, and you gotta book it early because the Melbourne to Sydney believe it or not is a popular ******* train

Sunday
7:00am - Get up
8:00am - Board Train
10:30am - Get off Train after 2 and half hour trip
3:00pm - Enter the ground whenever the gates open (1:00pm usually so sitting in the ground for 2 hours) and just wait
3:20pm - Game starts
6:00pm - Game finishes Get back to Southern Cross
7:50pm - Board Xpt
10:00pm - Arrive home
(I do want to point out sometimes the XPT gets delayed and i didn't board once until 10:00pm and didn't get home to 12:00am)

Now compare it to a Saturday 2:10pm game, same train in the morning, in earlier, home by 8:30pm and can catch the last half of saturday night footy.

So when the AFL says it's got fans at heart, they don't mean ******* country fans! I mean FFS the Country game itself was held in primetime which means any country fans who wanted to attend would have to book a hotel just to watch it. Heres an idea AFL if your gonna put on a country game for country people put it on at ******* 1:30pm or something, because reality is your country game is just a pretty idea for city people to look at all the country stuff while you actually * over country people but not letting them attend

******* rant over

It's also super s**t for country supporters. But it's an improvement on last year. Last year i got into Melbourne at 10:30am and had to wait until 4:30pm, i didn't meet Striker until like 3:30pm so i was stuck at Etihad twiddling my thumbs.

3:20pm means the game finishes as 6pm which is when the last Vline leaves, the only other train that leaves is the XPT melbourne to Sydney that stops in benalla for me and that leaves at 7:50pm. Let me just run through a typical Sunday game for me to attend. I also have to book through NSW train link which is just a pain, because you gotta ask for a ticket, then they gotta ring NSW train link, then you have to wait for them to fax the ticket over to you, and you gotta book it early because the Melbourne to Sydney believe it or not is a popular ******* train

Sunday
3:00pm - Enter the ground whenever the gates open (1:00pm usually so sitting in the ground for 2 hours) and just wait
(I do want to point out sometimes the XPT gets delayed and i didn't board once until 10:00pm and didn't get home to 12:00am)

Now compare it to a Saturday 2:10pm game, same train in the morning, in earlier, home by 8:30pm and can catch the last half of saturday night footy.

So when the AFL says it's got fans at heart, they don't mean ******* country fans! I mean FFS the Country game itself was held in primetime which means any country fans who wanted to attend would have to book a hotel just to watch it. Heres an idea AFL if your gonna put on a country game for country people put it on at ******* 1:30pm or something, because reality is your country game is just a pretty idea for city people to look at all the country stuff while you actually **** over country people but not letting them attend

******* rant over
Is driving not an option? Still a fair drive obviously, and you need to park somewhere, but a hell of a lot more convenient!

Is driving not an option? Still a fair drive obviously, and you need to park somewhere, but a hell of a lot more convenient!
Driving is an option, i'm not very experienced though with Melbourne traffic, and parking is a problem especially if it is raining. While i hate being at the mercy of the train schedule i prefer it to the stress of driving. Means i can relax a little more, also driving would condense my day meaning i could leave later and go home sooner but i'd probably cram it down to hard, while i hate waiting i think i'd hate rushing more

Sunday

So when the AFL says it's got fans at heart, they don't mean ******* country fans! I mean FFS the Country game itself was held in primetime which means any country fans who wanted to attend would have to book a hotel just to watch it. Heres an idea AFL if your gonna put on a country game for country people put it on at ******* 1:30pm or something, because reality is your country game is just a pretty idea for city people to look at all the country stuff while you actually **** over country people but not letting them attend

******* rant over
The 3.20 sunday game is to please channel 7 not the fans. It was almost better when channel 7 delayed the 2.10 game telecast leading into the news, well at least for the fans going not so much for the ones watching at home. Our clubs rise up the ladder we are getting 'rewarded' with free to air exposure which usually comes in the form of that sunday time slot. Personally I prefer getting the foxtel time slot of 1.10 which was our usual slot circa 2013 when we were shite. The solution is for the team to become top 4 quality then we get the real prime time slots more friday nights and Saturday games (Though friday night may not be the best in your situation) wait and see how many Friday nights Richmond get next year. Having said that Richmond always pull in big crowds where we haven't in the past but that's on the improve as well.

2 games in the NT, one against Adelaide and the other against Freo.

Unless we play Adelaide twice, Lever will avoid Adelaide Oval for a year (is a shame - we seem to win over there :eek:).

Driving is an option, i'm not very experienced though with Melbourne traffic, and parking is a problem especially if it is raining. While i hate being at the mercy of the train schedule i prefer it to the stress of driving. Means i can relax a little more, also driving would condense my day meaning i could leave later and go home sooner but i'd probably cram it down to hard, while i hate waiting i think i'd hate rushing more
Hey mate. I'll be attending a lot more games next year without playing commitments. Will be happy to give you a lift whenever it suits. Re: driving, I usually just drive to Seymour and jump on the train. It's myki from there and they leave roughly every hour and similar on the return in most instances. Easy drive, no traffic, tolls or parking worries.

Hey mate. I'll be attending a lot more games next year without playing commitments. Will be happy to give you a lift whenever it suits. Re: driving, I usually just drive to Seymour and jump on the train. It's myki from there and they leave roughly every hour and similar on the return in most instances. Easy drive, no traffic, tolls or parking worries.
Okay cool, thanks :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday

******* rant over
Luxury. absolute luxury, I used to have to get out of the lake that we lived in at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

Luxury. absolute luxury, I used to have to get out of the lake that we lived in at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!
I just lost it for a solid 4 minutes ... quality!

Well we had it tough.

We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Sunday

******* rant over
******* hell that sucks

Confirmed we're playing the Bombers 5 days after the Richmond game, at Etihad again ffs
I'd rather play the bombers away at Etihad than away to them at the MCG. That said a ******* home game would be nice too!

I hope the AFL didn't shaft Richmond and Collingwood again like they did last year, they need to match up in round 5 as well, not three rounds prior on a thursday night

best thing I've seen on this website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back