Analysis 2018 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Auld: Carlton get 4 Friday night games and Melbourne 1 because of the QB fixture.

Wtf does that even mean ******?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's bullshit in regards to Carlton but also with Collingwood. Collingwood get 3 friday night games and have got QB and Anzac Day so I can't see why we could've got a couple more.

Whilst I agree that 10 Sunday games is bullshit, in a way our fixture demands contribute to that.

Anzac eve being Tuesday night means the easiest days to fixture us for the rounds before and after are Sundays.
Playing QB on a Monday also generally means the Sunday before and after make the most sense.

What we really need is Anzac Day to be Friday or Saturday, which will mean a Thurs night/Fri night Anzac Eve game and a higher probability that the games before and after will be earlier in the weekend.

Selfishly, I'm pumped that our Geelong game against the cats is at night. Can easily pop the kids to bed and get down to the ground without missing too much of the start.

Outside of all of that, rubbish fixture, GAGF AFL, this is some kind of conspiracy against us that involves Jack Watts, Collingwoof and the curse of Norm Smith! (am i doing it rite?)

I am happy with it.

11 games at the MCG
3 games at Etihad.
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Port, Geelong, West Coast, Fremantle Adelaide on the road. Should win at least 3-4 of those you'd think.
Standard game against Port in Darwin.

I'd be hoping we could win at least 10 games at home, 2 at etihad, 3-4 on the road.

No excuses for our home games.

Top 6.

Only 1 Friday night game ... Carlton get 4 ... what a joke

And apparently it's because we have Anzac Eve, QB and 2 games in NT ... makes a pretty easy decision to dump the NT games really
10 Sunday fixtures, literally no night games in Victoria and that horror run of no home games. ****s sake

EDIT: except Anzac Eve of course but still.
It's bullshit in regards to Carlton but also with Collingwood. Collingwood get 3 friday night games and have got QB and Anzac Day so I can't see why we could've got a couple more.
I said i would blow up if this happened. Last year the Saints finished 9th and despite our improvement as well we only got one friday while tey got four, but i took it on the chin. The afl set a precedent, finnish 9th you get multiple friday night games. Well us and the Saints basically flipped positions at the end of this year and they get three!? And if the excuse is well we have QB, the saints play good friday this year so they should be forced to drop a couple. Then the ******* throw it in our faces a bottom four side in Carlton is rewarded with 4 Friday games, despite the fact their play style isn't attractive and they finished in the bottom ******* four! Then of course Collingwood get three finishing lower than us and having almost the same type of blockbuster games with both an ANZAC game and a QB clash with us, so the AFL's ******* excuse of us having those two clashes doesn't apply when you let Collingwood walk free.

I wonder why Collingwood and Carlton got what they wanted? oh thats right the AFL wants them to be big and relevant again, while one the ******* sides in us improves we get shafted, our relevance means nothing to the AFL which shows as they continual ****ed us for the last two years with the fixture.

And if Darwin is part of the Equation, than we simply must go because it's ******* us two ways. Not only are we giving up a home game, pissing of our supporter base but now we're seemingly getting ****ed on the fixture too, so i ask the club to ******* leave after the contract expires this year, i don't want to see us in Darwin ever again unless we're playing away to someone else

I don't like you AFL for both club and personal reasons, you * us over despite your words of "improve and get friday night games" so you have the audacity to lie to our faces, and continual reward the bigger clubs despite them being s**t for the last two years, and even the clubs in our bracket are getting put ahead of us, so please kindly go * yourself and don't preach you equalization polices to me because you simply don't abide by your own rules. As for personal reasons, thanks for making the game i love more ******* assessable to me in rural victoria you ******* smug campaigners

11 MCG games would have to be our lowest in years.
Nah, had 11 in 2017 too.

Its actually not that bad since it guarantees that all the 11 game members go to every MCG game

I said i would blow up if this happened. Last year the Saints finished 9th and despite our improvement as well we only got one friday while tey got four, but i took it on the chin. The afl set a precedent, finnish 9th you get multiple friday night games. Well us and the Saints basically flipped positions at the end of this year and they get three!? And if the excuse is well we have QB, the saints play good friday this year so they should be forced to drop a couple. Then the ******* throw it in our faces a bottom four side in Carlton is rewarded with 4 Friday games, despite the fact their play style isn't attractive and they finished in the bottom ******* four! Then of course Collingwood get three finishing lower than us and having almost the same type of blockbuster games with both an ANZAC game and a QB clash with us, so the AFL's ******* excuse of us having those two clashes doesn't apply when you let Collingwood walk free.

I wonder why Collingwood and Carlton got what they wanted? oh thats right the AFL wants them to be big and relevant again, while one the ******* sides in us improves we get shafted, our relevance means nothing to the AFL which shows as they continual ****** us for the last two years with the fixture.

And if Darwin is part of the Equation, than we simply must go because it's ******* us two ways. Not only are we giving up a home game, pissing of our supporter base but now we're seemingly getting ****** on the fixture too, so i ask the club to ******* leave after the contract expires this year, i don't want to see us in Darwin ever again unless we're playing away to someone else

I don't like you AFL for both club and personal reasons, you **** us over despite your words of "improve and get friday night games" so you have the audacity to lie to our faces, and continual reward the bigger clubs despite them being s**t for the last two years, and even the clubs in our bracket are getting put ahead of us, so please kindly go **** yourself and don't preach you equalization polices to me because you simply don't abide by your own rules. As for personal reasons, thanks for making the game i love more ******* assessable to me in rural victoria you ******* smug campaigners
That's a quality rant! Agree with pretty much everything.

From a selfish point of view I'm pretty happy with it, Sunday is my favourite day to go to the footy. I actually hate going to Friday night matches, but wowee from a commercial view that fixture is shithouse.

I wonder why Collingwood and Carlton got what they wanted? oh thats right the AFL wants them to be big and relevant again, while one the ******* sides in us improves we get shafted, our relevance means nothing to the AFL which shows as they continual ****** us for the last two years with the fixture.

And if Darwin is part of the Equation, than we simply must go because it's ******* us two ways. Not only are we giving up a home game, pissing of our supporter base but now we're seemingly getting ****** on the fixture too, so i ask the club to ******* leave after the contract expires this year, i don't want to see us in Darwin ever again unless we're playing away to someone else

I don't like you AFL for both club and personal reasons, you **** us over despite your words of "improve and get friday night games" so you have the audacity to lie to our faces, and continual reward the bigger clubs despite them being s**t for the last two years, and even the clubs in our bracket are getting put ahead of us, so please kindly go **** yourself and don't preach you equalization polices to me because you simply don't abide by your own rules. As for personal reasons, thanks for making the game i love more ******* assessable to me in rural victoria you ******* smug campaigners
That was rantastic. Totally agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, had 11 in 2017 too.

Its actually not that bad since it guarantees that all the 11 game members go to every MCG game
Think we had 12 this year (nine home games and one away against Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood). Could be wrong though.

Deeply pissed off at the fixture. I just can't hack that many Sunday games these days. I'm either pissed off and unbearable or hungover and unbearable at work every ******* Monday.
If you can't schedule Monday as a regular RDO, maybe stay drunk?

Don't get too peaked. Let's just win wherever the f*** we play, starting by flogging some pussy in round 1.

From a selfish point of view I'm pretty happy with it, Sunday is my favourite day to go to the footy. I actually hate going to Friday night matches, but wowee from a commercial view that fixture is shithouse.
Sunday is fine @ 1pm unless you have kids who play sport then its ****ed. 3pm+ on a sunday is a nightmare with kids of any age

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Truly awful fixture from a financial perspective. We'd better hope we get huge crowds for Anzac Eve and QB because everything else is rubbish. Couldn't even get a home game for the pink lady match, one of the few requests we apparently made lol. Man will go to Mars before we get a home game against Essendon.

Difficulty wise I’m happy with it, no back to back 6 day breaks (It killed us this year, yes we won 3 of the 4 games but injuries during that period made it very hard).

Commercially it’s an absolute nightmare, I’m mind****ed at how the Saints and Carlton get kissed on the dick.
This.

The commercial aspect is a bummer - but I was more concerned with the difficulty aspect. Losing the b2b 6 day breaks is very good. We need a better run injury-wise. I don't mind the tough end to the season - other teams fatigue and injury could make these games interesting for us. Also, for 2018 I would like to see us secure a finals berth before the last few games and take some of the panic out of the last few games for us.

Carlton I have come to expect will get a good fixture. Baffled by the Saints fixture though. I thought their Friday night against North this year was close to the worst Friday night of the year footy-wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back