Analysis 2018 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

F@cking joke of a fixture commercially.

Blues have been putrid for years and can’t kick over 100 points? Oh sure, give them a bunch of Fri night games. I hope the ratings tank and it hurts the League somehow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it was 2 years ago they gave them a bunch of Friday night games as well, and they were absolutely shocking games that they struggled to get within 10 goals ... so lets go with that again shall we, absolutely perplexing. As for St Kilda, they peaked last year, finished lower this year yet still get a blessed fixture? unbelievable.

I am happy with it.

11 games at the MCG
3 games at Etihad.
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Port, Geelong, West Coast, Fremantle Adelaide on the road. Should win at least 3-4 of those you'd think.
Standard game against Port in Darwin.

I'd be hoping we could win at least 10 games at home, 2 at etihad, 3-4 on the road.

No excuses for our home games.

Top 6.
I'd be aiming for a top 6 finish as well. We did quite well away this year with a 6-5 win/loss record and our home win/loss record was the same but for a team to play finals or edge closer to the top 4, we need to improve our record at home. 7-8 wins at home would be the aim for me whilst maintaining or slightly improving our away record. 13-14 wins would be the aim for me and if we do better than that I think we will have done very well.

I'd be aiming for a top 6 finish as well. We did quite well away this year with a 6-5 win/loss record and our home win/loss record was the same but for a team to play finals or edge closer to the top 4, we need to improve our record at home. 7-8 wins at home would be the aim for me whilst maintaining or slightly improving our away record. 13-14 wins would be the aim for me and if we do better than that I think we will have done very well.
The key is not dropping easier games at home. North & Hawthorn for example.

The key is not dropping easier games at home. North & Hawthorn for example.
Yep that as well, our downfall was losing to teams like Freo, North (twice), Hawthorn & Collingwood which really should be wins for us. All of those teams we lost to at the MCG as well. I think we've got a pretty good draw for the first half of the season, we need to take advantage of that I'd be looking for something like 8 wins in the first 12 rounds before the bye. Top 6 will be on track if we can do that.

The Bulldogs are going to meet with AFL commisioners on why they missed Good Friday.

I suggest we grab our s**t, make a case and go too. Honestly i think the Club needs to get out publicly and say how very disappointed they are

I think it was 2 years ago they gave them a bunch of Friday night games as well, and they were absolutely shocking games that they struggled to get within 10 goals ... so lets go with that again shall we, absolutely perplexing. As for St Kilda, they peaked last year, finished lower this year yet still get a blessed fixture? unbelievable.
average losing margin of 58 that year for Carlton

disgusting, hope they lose them all by 100+

average losing margin of 58 that year for Carlton

disgusting, hope they lose them all by 100+
Carlton almost lost their only Friday night game by 100+ this year. Makes sense

Edit: it may have been a thursday, but i can't remember and they're almost the same thing.

Yeah I dunno how anyone can defend that.

We're obviously still paying for tanking shenanigans or bailouts or whatever, but this league will always be a bit of a joke until we at least play the same number of games against the same teams every year IMO. Ie either once or twice each. It's absolutely manufactured until then.

It's funny though because whenever I raise it with anyone, the first thing they say is 'oh well you should stop selling home games then.'

Yeah that's great and all, but isn't it a little easier to do that when we aren't given 10 Sunday arvo graveyard slots every year?

The only way out of it I suppose (aside from being St Kilda), is to win and keep winning. I think we took some strides last year with a few players at least gaining profiles. No more dropping silly games like we did last year and we'll be right.

We're obviously still paying for tanking shenanigans or bailouts or whatever, but this league will always be a bit of a joke until we at least play the same number of games against the same teams every year IMO. Ie either once or twice each. It's absolutely manufactured until then.
It really stinks.

Friday Night games = more television exposure = increased revenue from sponsorship = more money on marketing to attract more supporters etc. etc. etc.

A few years ago when Carlton were on Friday Nights every second week and I couldn't even watch it half the time, the quality of games was laughable. And I'm a passionate AFL fan.

I can't understand why you'd want to put s**t games during prime spots especially when they involve financially stable clubs who already benefit from blockbusters. It hurts the sport and penalises teams like ours.

The Bulldogs are going to meet with AFL commisioners on why they missed Good Friday.

I suggest we grab our s**t, make a case and go too. Honestly i think the Club needs to get out publicly and say how very disappointed they are

I really hope we dont - they wont change it and we'll just be having a whinge.

Play the hand we're dealt. We really need to stop worrying about that stuff and be good enough to make top 4 regardless of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also hate the fact we get a six-day break coming back from our first NT game. Surely we have to lobby harder for a minimum 7-day break after playing up there?

(PS - f@ck the NT deal).
The Alice game isn't bad at all - it's the Darwin game that *s us. Alice is basically like a nice Melbourne day at that time of year.

Lever going to get booed twice, lots of Crows fans up there.

I also hate the fact we get a six-day break coming back from our first NT game. Surely we have to lobby harder for a minimum 7-day break after playing up there?

(PS - f@ck the NT deal).
Think the NT agreement runs out after 2018 season, not 100% sure though.

Who gives a toss, let's just win games wherever they are played and whenever. 90% of those MCG games should be a win.

Is the issue with being the away team 4 rounds in a row just commercial? Given we only have to travel once I don't understand what else the problem is. I presume at least one of those games will become an NT home replacement game for home-only members

Remove this Banner Ad

Back