GH213

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2013
Gippsland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
I know this gets asked most years but most of the commenting posters seem to have very few posts so I didn't bother PM'ing them. But, does anyone have an excel spreadsheet for the 2018 season? I'm excel-challenged so no idea which formulas to use \etc. Any help is hugely appreciated!!

Is there a reason you want to do it via a spreadsheet, and not just use something like the new Footytips app?
Im hoping to get a spreadsheet because my 4 kids and their cousins want to join in and it would take forever setting up a bunch of email addresses and log ins.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

GH213
Let me know if you find an excel spredsheet, I want to make one for work and we can't access any of the tipping sites.

Im hoping to get a spreadsheet because my 4 kids and their cousins want to join in and it would take forever setting up a bunch of email addresses and log ins.

The way I've done it with kids in the past:

1. If you don't have a gmail account yet, set one up (or setup a new one just for tipping.. eg. mytipping2018@gmail.com)
  2. Create your footytips comp
  3. Invite the first kid using the Google Mail + trick (e.g. adding +anything after the original email address works as an alias in gmail... so mytipping2018+anna@gmail.com for Anna)
  4. Invite the second, third and subsequent kids using other + names (mytipping2018+barry@gmail.com, mytipping+chris@gmail.com....)
  5. Keep note of the passwords you use for each
  6. Send them their login details via whatever method (email to their parents, sms.. etc)
At that point, they can all login and do their tips via the site or apps. Your need to manage it week in, week out is reduced to almost zero other than maybe reminding them occasionally to do their tips. Everything else, like managing scores, ladders etc is handled by the system.

As I say, this is how I've done it with kids in the past. Works perfectly IMO.

The way I've done it with kids in the past:

1. If you don't have a gmail account yet, set one up (or setup a new one just for tipping.. eg. mytipping2018@gmail.com)
  2. Create your footytips comp
  3. Invite the first kid using the Google Mail + trick (e.g. adding +anything after the original email address works as an alias in gmail... so mytipping2018+anna@gmail.com for Anna)
  4. Invite the second, third and subsequent kids using other + names (mytipping2018+barry@gmail.com, mytipping+chris@gmail.com....)
  5. Keep note of the passwords you use for each
  6. Send them their login details via whatever method (email to their parents, sms.. etc)
At that point, they can all login and do their tips via the site or apps. Your need to manage it week in, week out is reduced to almost zero other than maybe reminding them occasionally to do their tips. Everything else, like managing scores, ladders etc is handled by the system.

As I say, this is how I've done it with kids in the past. Works perfectly IMO.
Thanks mate! I appreciate it... ill give it a go tonight

I know this gets asked most years but most of the commenting posters seem to have very few posts so I didn't bother PM'ing them. But, does anyone have an excel spreadsheet for the 2018 season? I'm excel-challenged so no idea which formulas to use \etc. Any help is hugely appreciated!!

I have created a 2018 AFL Tipping Excel Spreadsheet for my work mates.
I am happy to share via direct email.
I have included formulas to automatically calculate tally.

Happy tipping

Happy tipping

Sure send one over to support@bigfooty.com please.

Happy tipping
Beajlee that looks awesome and such a generous thing to do.Can I have a copy please, I would prefer not to post my email publicly obviously...Cheers

Happy tipping

Did you happen to have a 2019 spreadsheet you were willing to share?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back