2018 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

As has been mentioned, you can throw a blanket over the top 6 at the moment. Public holiday for much of the country tomorrow, set you alarms early this should be a cracking race!

And now there isn’t even a race thread!
Nothing stopping anybody from making one
Probably the only race in the past year that hasn't had its own thread, mainly due to the time. You will find less interest on here for the US, Mexico and Brazil GPs later on in the year for the same reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a win-win for both teams. Red Bull can use an engine designed solely for their chassis, Renault no longer have to deal with an extremely ungrateful customer.

Honda won't be changing the design of their engine to suit any partupicular chassis, the decision to move to Honda would have been based on the power development path for the two engines. Red Bull must reckon that the Honda is already ahead of the Renault engine, or will pass it in the near future.

Honda won't be changing the design of their engine to suit any partupicular chassis, the decision to move to Honda would have been based on the power development path for the two engines. Red Bull must reckon that the Honda is already ahead of the Renault engine, or will pass it in the near future.
There's that, but also I think by dealing with Honda they don't need to share the attention of Honda engineers with a works team and another, near equally well-funded privateer team. That should go along way to help them get that development they're looking for.

There's that, but also I think by dealing with Honda they don't need to share the attention of Honda engineers with a works team and another, near equally well-funded privateer team. That should go along way to help them get that development they're looking for.
I completely agree, the Red Bull relationship with Honda will definitely be a stronger one since Red Bull will be the number one focus for Honda rather than the customer relationship they currently have with Renault.

Red Bull have been looking for this kind of deal for years and it amazes me that it has been gifted to them by McLaren.

Unlikely, I don’t think the Renault chassis is competitive enough for DR.
Ferrari is a perfect fit.

The #2 seat at Ferrari pays well, but Ricciardo would have to play second fiddle to Vettel at Ferrari.

Last edited:
Ricciardo to Ferrari looking more and more likely.
I read an article yesterday saying the Ferrari big wigs don't feel his personality is a good fit - too jokey and he would destabilise Vettel.

Seemed a stretch to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back