2018 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

lDmZnMe.jpg

kmWj7L0.jpg

510nQz7.jpg

Such a shame they are ditching the livery before Melbourne. It looks really good out on track.

The car seems to be at a more ready stage than it was at this time last year. Will be incredibly beneficial to translate everything they learned last year into this season.

They should start strong. (Hopefully the Renault engine isn't a total * up)

Has it ever been stated what aero benefit the vacuum nose brings ?. RBR are one of the few teams to do it as far as im aware.

Yeah they're the only team to do it so far.

If it does bring any "extra" benefit then I am certainly unaware of it. But you'd assume it would considering they've stuck with it for another season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The back looks so far off the ground, like they've put in a set of heavy duty ute springs!

Red Bull have always had a huge amount of "rake" to compensate for their engine deficiency.

But don't be fooled by the current photos out. The full wet tyres are bigger than the dry tyres and therefore lifts the car off the ground more.

I'd wait til pictures of the car on slicks come out, and I doubt they've gone even more extreme with the rake this year.

Need some mounted camera footage from drivers perspective with that bloody halo, I'd imagine it would be like a vertical line of dead pixels on your monitor.

Gonna be fun playing the F1 2018 game in the cockpit view with the halo.

If I was Codemasters I wouldn't even bother to be honest, or at least add an option to turn the halo off.

I predict that formula 1 will lose a lot of casual fans this year. Will be interesting to see if the halo stays on the car for 2019 if this is the case.

They need to either remove the central pillar of the halo or just implement the aeroscreen, which I think they are trying to improve since it failed some crash tests.

Either way, I'll get used to it, but geez it's ******* ugly.

The new Renault engine is sounding incredible.

Hopefully that means they've made some considerable power gains during the off season .

(Could also just be the way the footage was recorded, trust red bull to do some PR trickery, but still she sounds like a beaut.)

Last edited:
Gonna be fun playing the F1 2018 game in the cockpit view with the halo.

If I was Codemasters I wouldn't even bother to be honest, or at least add an option to turn the halo off.

I predict that formula 1 will lose a lot of casual fans this year. Will be interesting to see if the halo stays on the car for 2019 if this is the case.

They need to either remove the central pillar of the halo or just implement the aeroscreen, which I think they are trying to improve since it failed some crash tests.

Either way, I'll get used to it, but geez it's ******* ugly.
That’s pretty much what I was thinking
Playing that game in V6 era was annoying enough but a big massive stick in your face will be another level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back