2018 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me, or has McLaren turned into just another team?

This thread was a good read. Although I think Mercedes will win the constructors again, I think it might be a bit more of a fight this time around.
Red Bull will be challenging for a top 2 spot with Ferrari.
Renault/McLaren/Force India will be an enthralling battle this year.

The Renault has the best race livery. Comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richmond bias.

I don't know guys, I like the extra tyres. Spices up the race strategy a bit. Guarantees 2 stops.
Just as long as RBR actually have THEM READY when ADR gets there..

Go ADR.

Just as long as RBR actually have THEM READY when ADR gets there..

Go ADR.

Monaco 2020:

Oh no they've forgotten the super duper hyper ultra softs for Daniel Ricciardo. !!!

Oh no. They can only fit the super hyper soft now! Will Lewis be able to catch up even though he's on the maximum soft super level 2 tyres?!

Only know where they all stand at qualifying Saturday but it’s good to see that Red Bull did a lot of laps at Barcelona. Optimistic at the moment but expecting Mercedes to sandbag until Saturday.

Yep they'll turn the wick up and blow everyone away.

Unless the rain comes then that old dog Alonso might have a say. I will LOL if STR go well with the Honda.

So, am I correct in saying there is no legal streaming service available for F1 in Aus? About to move house and weighing up if Foxtel comes with me...
Likewise

I've done about 5 minutes of research - I must have been living under a rock - I assumed I'd be able to stream the AFL app to my tv if I paid a subscription - apparently not. Looks like Foxtel it is...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saved me from watching that abomination of a football game.

A lot of talk this weekend that Ricciardo to Ferrari in 2019 is on the verge of being confirmed
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/237530/ricciardo-will-replace-raikkonen-at-ferrari-in-2019

A source in the Bahrain paddock told F1Today.net: "Ferrari has shown interest for some time now and talks with Ricciardo accelerated after the Australian signed a letter of intent at the Scuderia. Ricciardo would love to be a Ferrari driver and he made up his mind. The deal is almost done. If everything goes right, he will sign a multiyear contract soon.”

I assume based on this that they are fairly confident that Mercedes are going to stick with Bottas next year onward. No other reason why you would select Ferrari over Mercedes in this current engine formula.
Galaxie77 looks like you might have to support an Aussie athlete next year.

A lot of talk this weekend that Ricciardo to Ferrari in 2019 is on the verge of being confirmed
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/237530/ricciardo-will-replace-raikkonen-at-ferrari-in-2019

I assume based on this that they are fairly confident that Mercedes are going to stick with Bottas next year onward. No other reason why you would select Ferrari over Mercedes in this current engine formula.
Galaxie77 looks like you might have to support an Aussie athlete next year.

Daniel is basically an Italian. That'd be huge for Ferrari.

Im sure they would be absolutely stoked to have him there! Maybe he feels a connection to them? He does have the Italian background and he spent a year in Italy when he was a teenager to kick-start his career.

It could be a purely sentimental link. Or no link at all. F1today aren't /that/ reliable. I'd wait til an article on motorsport/autosport comes out.

Daniel is basically an Italian. That'd be huge for Ferrari.

Im sure they would be absolutely stoked to have him there! Maybe he feels a connection to them? He does have the Italian background and he spent a year in Italy when he was a teenager to kick-start his career.

It could be a purely sentimental link. Or no link at all. F1today aren't /that/ reliable. I'd wait til an article on motorsport/autosport comes out.
The way Ricciardo is talking openly about the noticeable engine deficit that RBR face especially in qualifying, that makes me pretty confident he won't be there next year.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...aniel-Ricciardo-Formula-1-Formula-One-Bahrain

"Saturday [the deficit is] probably more from the engine," said Ricciardo.

"I don’t think we are going to have what Mercedes or Ferrari have in qualifying. You use everything, but their everything seems to be a bit more than our everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back