NFL 2018 Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm seriously glad we don't play the Rams this season.

This and their 2017 27th ranked run defense (which they have done nothing to improve) think we are over reacting a bit.

Donald and Suh are super stars but a 3 man front going against a 5 man lines means double teams for both of them since this 3-4 LB corp:

OLB Matt Longacre
ILB Mark Barron
ILB Bryce Hager
OLB Samson Ebukam

Is probably the worst set in the league.

And they still don't have a 3-4 NT.

All they did was replaced a good corner with another corner.

Clearly they are all in to win now, make a statement in their new home, and good on them for that ...but whilst making their splashing around in FA they made their 2017 base weaker doing so.

This and their 2017 27th ranked run defense (which they have done nothing to improve) think we are over reacting a bit.

Donald and Suh are super stars but a 3 man front going against a 5 man lines means double teams for both of them since this 3-4 LB corp:

OLB Matt Longacre
ILB Mark Barron
ILB Bryce Hager
OLB Samson Ebukam

Is probably the worst set in the league.

All they did was replaced a good corner with another corner.

Clearly they are all in to win now, make a statement in their new home, and good on them for that ...but whilst making their splashing around in FA they made their 2017 base weaker doing so.

I’m sure we’d be targeting LB in draft , we did sign Ramik Wilson from the Chiefs who is solid ... we have significantly improved at the corners .... in Wade we trust.

Wade Phillips has never used a traditional, space-eating NT though. Michael Brockers is more than capable of being a good NT in his system

I won't argue with you about the LB corps being absolutely horrible though. This will surely lock them into drafting at least one outside pass rusher in the first 2 rounds. They can fill the other ILB spot next to Barron with a cheap-ish FA like Lawrence Timmonrs, Dannel Ellerbe, Kevin Minter or Kelvin Sheppard if they want, too.

Phillips plays virtually 5 linemen. Ogletree and Quinn were liability against run and guess what they’re gone. I’m sure they’ll draft a few as they’re stacked at most other spots.

A nice signing with Kendall Wright joining the Vikings. Wright will play in the slot, and is an upgrade Over Jarius Wright who was effective but not overly used over the last couple of year.

Probably means it's all over for Treadwell. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded (for some magic beans)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back