List Mgmt. 2018 Fremantle FC Player Numbers

Does jumper #29 come out of retirement for 2018?

• Yes

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Wilson gets #14 to be next to his best mate in #13. And conveniently with Hughes on the other side. #12 or #17 to Ryan perhaps? #24 to Matera?

Shift Logue into #3 so we can use #2 & #5 for our picks #2 and #5 :)

My updated guesses:
  • #3 - Draft Pick #2
  • #5 - Draft Pick #5
  • #12 - Brandon Matera
  • #14 - Nathan Wilson
  • #17 - Draft Pick #42
  • #24 - Draft Pick #60
  • #29 - Still retired
  • #30 - Draft Pick #66
  • #39 - Draft Pick #71
  • #40 - Rookie draft pick #5
  • #41 - Rookie draft pick #23
  • #42 - Rookie draft pick #41

Note: Draft picks 79 and 83 to upgrade Nyhuis and Grey.

Last edited:

I'd be incredibly surprised if Wilson doesn't take one of the free lockers on either side of Bennell. More likely the photographers would have just chosen the spot with the best lighting/perspective for the photo.

Bump.

So traditionally we give our high draft picks first priority to the lower numbers, so my guess is:

#3 Brayshaw
#5 Cerra
#8 Dixon
#12 Matera
#14 Wilson
#17 Crowden
#24 North
#30 Meek
#39 Switkowski
#40 Jones
#41 Rookie 1
#42 Rookie 2

Pav’s #29 stays in retirement for another year.

What I'd like to see

3 - Brayshaw
5 - Cerra
8 - L.Ryan new number
12 - B.Cox new number
14 - Wilson
17 - Matera
24 - Dixon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra #17 his Vic Metro number

Hase wore 2 throughout his junior career, i remember thinking he would always take it over when Fletcher retired.
I had #2 on my guernsey because i loved the pig and assumed i was always safe cos Hase would take it over......... not to be.

I think Brayshaw should get #29. Starting a new era, and he isn't a key forward so he shouldn't be directly compared, he can make his own legacy in that number.
I think he could probably handle it but it's a huge amount of pressure on top of being the number 2 draft pick. I think it should be one of the later draft picks that get the 29, Crowden, Meek or Switta so it doesn't become some symbol of leadership/performance expectation

I think he could probably handle it but it's a huge amount of pressure on top of being the number 2 draft pick. I think it should be one of the later draft picks that get the 29, Crowden, Meek or Switta so it doesn't become some symbol of leadership/performance expectation
Would it impress you though if Andrew asked for that number knowing what came along with it?

Would it impress you though if Andrew asked for that number knowing what came along with it?
I don't need to be impressed by his attitude, he's won me over already, what will impress me now is his performance as footballer.
20 days ago he was a kid, now he's the number 2 draft pick, flown across the country, living with a Brownlow medalist and surrounded by heaps of people he doesn't know. I'm sure he understands the weight of number 29 because Angus was a Freo fan. Andrew is clearly a smart, strong minded young lad, I'm just afraid it might get too much.

edit: people talking about him being the next captain and how he will be displaying his leadership qualities at training already is equally concerning to me.

people talking about him being the next captain and how he will be displaying his leadership qualities at training already is equally concerning to me.
Watch the "First day at the Club" video.

No idea if it's prompted or not. But he gets up in front of the whole playing group and on behalf of the new draftees thanks them for the welcome to FFC.

This kid is a leader of men and oozes class.

He will leave no stone unturned in pursuit of excellence.

Shouldn't be waiting much longer for these, right? Numbers came out on the 5th of December in 2015 and on the 18th last year

R

Reckon #29 should be reserved for the FA/ trade pitch to Jesse Hogan.

3- Brayshaw
5- Cerra
8- Luke Ryan
12- Hugh Dixon
14- Nathan Wilson
17- Brennan Cox
24- Crowden
30- Matera
36- North
38- Meek
39- Switkowski
40- Jones
41- Banfield
42- Giro

I'd like to see first team regulars Cox and Ryan take better numbers.

On Kogan Agora 6Plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back