2018 French Open - Roland Garros

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
If it is cheating should Nole and Rafa’s 28 grand slams be reversed and given to the runners up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never used the word "cheating" so dont put words in my mouth.

It is an extension of the rules and they take unfair advantage of it. It is on the Umpires to enforce the current rule which they always fail to do so. It is on the umpires as much as it is on the players. I hope the shot clock fixes this issue.

I want it stopped as tennis is a long enough game as it is.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
No. 11.

On ya Rafa.

Also the wooden spoon goes to Nicolas Jarry.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Most singles match wins at a Grand Slam:
120 wins - Martina :greatbritain:
101 - Chris :unitedstates:
98 - Jimmy :unitedstates:
95 - Billie :greatbritain:
94 - Chris :greatbritain:, Roger (AU)
91 - Roger :greatbritain:
89 - Martina :unitedstates:, Serena :unitedstates:
87 - Venus :unitedstates:
86 - Serena :greatbritain:, Rafa :france:
84 - Jimmy :greatbritain:, Steffi :france:
82 - Roger :unitedstates:
81 - Serena (AU)

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I never used the word "cheating" so dont put words in my mouth.

It is an extension of the rules and they take unfair advantage of it. It is on the Umpires to enforce the current rule which they always fail to do so. It is on the umpires as much as it is on the players. I hope the shot clock fixes this issue.

I want it stopped as tennis is a long enough game as it is.

Breaking the rules is not cheating?

But what about answering the question,

If it is breaking the rules should Nole and Rafa’s 28 grand slams be reversed and given to the runners up?

Thiem can't play championship finals... Probably will never reach another grand slam championship match again.

Take Rafa out (meaning him retiring) and Thiem is a great chance. Still the 2nd/3rd best clay courter (depending whether Novak is ever fit again). He will get his chance.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Breaking the rules is not cheating?

But what about answering the question,

If it is breaking the rules should Nole and Rafa’s 28 grand slams be reversed and given to the runners up?

Then i cant wait for the Swans to get the 2016 AFL premiership. After all, the Bulldogs "cheated" with their handballs which the umpires failed to pick up. Or that slide on Hanners which the umps failed to pick up.

Dont be stupid.

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Take Rafa out (meaning him retiring) and Thiem is a great chance. Still the 2nd/3rd best clay courter (depending whether Novak is ever fit again). He will get his chance.

At the rate Rafa is going (if Federer is anything to go by), Thiem will be in his 30's by the time he even gets a chance at it. I still believe Zverev is the best of the lot when it comes to future players.

At the rate Rafa is going (if Federer is anything to go by), Thiem will be in his 30's by the time he even gets a chance at it. I still believe Zverev is the best of the lot when it comes to future players.

Not on a clay court Zverev isn’t in my view. Thiem is a very good clay courter. It’s his first final he won more games than Federer did in one of his FO finals lol

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not on a clay court Zverev isn’t in my view. Thiem is a very good clay courter. It’s his first final he won more games than Federer did in one of his FO finals lol

I still think Zverev has him on the clay court. Just has been off this tournament compared to usual.

Federer is not a clay couter though. So it is hardly any comparison to make between the two.

Back