Preview 2018 Game Previews (No Vacancies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Alrighty, after the success of our inaugural game previews competition it's only natural that we're bringing it back for 2018. The fixtures have been out for a few weeks now so I figured I'd overcome my crippling procrastination and get this baby up and running.

To save myself time I'm literally copy n pasting the criteria from the last one, and as a preview example I can't think of linking anything other than the chef-d'oeuvre that took it out last year - "Derby Preview Melt"

So, without further preamble, the criteria is as follows:
  • Use this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early.
  • There is no criteria to sign up, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me, or one of the friendly mods (Allikat Tayl0r ) know and they will probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement. I'll take the bulk of the responsibility for this venture so hassle me before the others if possible.
  • Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either.
  • This isn't IS a competition, so previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet :p) will receive a shiny badge. Gotta incentivise it somehow and there's no incentive quite like a barely visible badge under your username. Hit up last year's winner Arcassius to check it out.
Round 1 v Port Adelaide A - Unique Name

Round 2 v Essendon H - M_rash

Round 3 v Gold Coast H - Yeti

Round 4 v GWS A - samFFC

Round 5 v WB H - Van_Dyke

Round 6 v WC H - Belnakor

Round 7 v Richmond A - Grape Bear

Round 8 v St Kilda H - dockerfemme

Round 9 v Sydney A - BeinPurplenGreen

Round 10 v North Melbourne H - largebus

Round 11 v Collingwood A - TheInjuryFactory

Round 12 v Adelaide H - Allikat

Round 13 v Carlton A - Fyfster

Round 14 BYE - jerms

Round 15 v Brisbane H - kingswood71

Round 16 v Melbourne A - yyou

Round 17 v Port Adelaide H - jedi mind tricks

Round 18 v Essendon A - Frigate

Round 19 v Hawthorn H - Square Peg

Round 20 v WC A - Silversurfer

Round 21 v Carlton H - XXRL

Round 22 v Geelong A - Tallest

Round 23 v Collingwood H - Tonga Bob

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes. Only Freo board posters are eligible to enter

Last edited:

I will fight anybody for the Floating Round please and thank you Righteo.

oh and a runner's up badge is a great idea #teamsilvermedal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since there's no takers I'll throw my hat in the ring for Round 10. Lolnorf won't require much research

Remove this Banner Ad

Back