News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

For sure, however that ship has all but sailed, and, 4 points is not going to be the deal-breaker for a Gaff, but it could be for a Rankine or a Walsh.

I mean look at last year. We beat the Giants themselves in an epic, thrashed Richmond, were generally pretty impressive and what did we get?

But why only 4 points. 6 games are left. And we got nothing last year. We also didn’t get a great deal when we had the best pick in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shai Bolton just s**t himself in his big moment and arguably cost Richmond the game. They were coming!
Doubt he'll find himself back in that side!
Question is do we want?
After seeing that i'm not so sure!
He’s hardly an experienced player.

But why only 4 points. 6 games are left. And we got nothing last year. We also didn’t get a great deal when we had the best pick in the draft.

We got nothing trade-wise last year for playing well in a non-successful year. By 4 points I mean, if that's the difference between getting our guy in the draft and compromising, I hope Brisbane finish above us. It's a hypothetical conversation anyway, as we won't be tanking, the whole intent of the Club is to win every game from here. Personally I wouldn't mind Brisbane sneaking above us though, and I think they're a fair chance to do so.

We got nothing trade-wise last year for playing well in a non-successful year. By 4 points I mean, if that's the difference between getting our guy in the draft and compromising, I hope Brisbane finish above us. It's a hypothetical conversation anyway, as we won't be tanking, the whole intent of the Club is to win every game from here. Personally I wouldn't mind Brisbane sneaking above us though, and I think they're a fair chance to do so.

No issue if they do at all. My preferred result is 6 more wins. Looking at the fixture I think 2 is likely.

No issue if they do at all. My preferred result is 6 more wins. Looking at the fixture I think 2 is likely.

I don't want to slip past where were are now IE overtake the Dogs. I want a genuine top 1 or 2 midfield style gun (that's assuming a tall or two go in the first couple as well). Ideally I'd like a few nice morale boasting wins, and a few close losses, that takes us to third last.

I don't want to slip past where were are now IE overtake the Dogs. I want a genuine top 1 or 2 midfield style gun (that's assuming a tall or two go in the first couple as well). Ideally I'd like a few nice morale boasting wins, and a few close losses, that takes us to third last.

Well we think differently and I’m sure there are many with you. I like winning because it’s current. The draft is in the future and where ever you finish there are no guarantees. The best players from last years draft at the moment was pick 6. The second best was pick 16. Of course it will change is later years but that’s how it is at the moment.

Well we think differently and I’m sure there are many with you. I like winning because it’s current. The draft is in the future and where ever you finish there are no guarantees. The best players from last years draft at the moment was pick 6. The second best was pick 16. Of course it will change is later years but that’s how it is at the moment.

I agree plugger, creating a positive winning culture at the club has far more upside than higher draft pick. The draft is a gamble at the best of times mitigated by research - and there’s no test yet designed to read a players mindset.
Get the wins, the draft will take care of itself

I agree plugger, creating a positive winning culture at the club has far more upside than higher draft pick. The draft is a gamble at the best of times mitigated by research - and there’s no test yet designed to read a players mindset.
Get the wins, the draft will take care of itself

Another thing is maybe we started the year poorly because we finished last year poorly. Maybe a positive finish could mean a positive start next season. They may go on holidays all excited about the future.

Another thing is maybe we started the year poorly because we finished last year poorly. Maybe a positive finish could mean a positive start next season. They may go on holidays all excited about the future.

I think that’s an excellent point. So much better to finish in a positive vein. Look how good it was just to get a win heading into the bye, and look how we performed afterwards.

Haven't we learnt anything about draft picks and winning games.

Example. We got Gres @18, when everyone raved about Parish.
Parish will be good but would argue Gres is better.

Carlton coming up to 5 no.1 dp's.

We get say #7. Whose to say Rozee or Max King doesn't becomes a superstar?

More chance for a top 5 to become a superstar but it's also about how 4 he club feels coming into the pre-season.

We need to aim @ top 8 next year and attitude and winning culture comes into play big time

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s hardly an experienced player.
Your right. Its not a hanging offence at his age and you would hope he would learn from the experience.
Suppose he's still worth it at the right price. I just wanted to see him embrace the moment.
Might have a silver lining for us as to his worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking game at the G. It's great seeing interstate teams playing well there because it gives me hope someone will be able to take it to Richmond during the finals.

we are genuinely getting KOTD for the 2nd week in a row

Alliir on majak i didnt know the afl were picking teams these days.
Was just about to say how great it is that we have African migrants taking up AFL and making it to the top level.

But you seem to want to disparage it.

Why?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big big Pies collapse in that last 1/4.

After 17 rounds,they have beaten 2 sides in the current top 10.....Cats and Melb.

Amazing !

Looking like pretenders. Good team to watch though, they play exciting footy. I’m not even sold on Wet Toast either.

I won’t be surprised if GWS get on a massive streak, they are a different team with Toby Greene & have Cameron to come back. Tigers vs GWS GF!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back