W-L and percentage for MELB in 2018
0-7 74.8% v current top 9
12-1 174.8% v current bottom 9

Play WCE (2nd) and GWS (3rd) in final two rounds

guess who misses finals

Hogan out for the season.

Odds keep stacking up against the Dees.
a4t1f7.gif

Nathan Brown's hearing has begun...has concluded evidence.

If Brown can get it down from intentional and high to careless and high, he will get two weeks.

Otherwise he will receive three weeks.

If Brown can get it down from intentional and high to careless and high, he will get two weeks.

He should receive nothing - incidental whiplash isn’t his fault. It’s a contact sport, the player should have braced.
Ridiculous to charge him. Regardless of the jumper he wears.

He should receive nothing - incidental whiplash isn’t his fault. It’s a contact sport, the player should have braced.
Ridiculous to charge him. Regardless of the jumper he wears.
I think Brown has a duty of care - and the AFL has stated if you bump you face the consequences.

I don't think it's worth two or three weeks but I think he should be suspended. I thought it was worth 1 week. It's accidental but still...

I think Brown has a duty of care - and the AFL has stated if you bump you face the consequences.

I don't think it's worth two or three weeks but I think he should be suspended. I thought it was worth 1 week. It's accidental but still...
Agree to disagree mate. I understand your point and if I was in a more amicable mood (not yours or anyone else on BF fault!) I would try to argue sensibly.
Hopefully he only gets 2 and Hugh can show some good signs

Agree to disagree mate. I understand your point and if I was in a more amicable mood (not yours or anyone else on BF fault!) I would try to argue sensibly.
Hopefully he only gets 2 and Hugh can show some good signs
If it's two I will be okay with it. Him missing the opening game of 2019 is a joke and shouldn't cop 3 weeks for it.

The league always raves about the 360 degree nature of our game and how its makes it almost unique in world sport and I'm sorry to say this about Saad but he showed absolutely zero spatial awareness.

Brown should go for at least a week but he will end up copping a longer suspension simply because Saad forgot he was on an AFL field.

I find this duty of care concept pretty vague to be honest. Should somebody, say Eddie betts, not baulk around say daniel menzel cause his actions could pose a risk to menzels knee?

I'm in the camp of it being a late but not high bump which had unfortunate circumstances. I think one week given the concussion is fair.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

The league always raves about the 360 degree nature of our game and how its makes it almost unique in world sport and I'm sorry to say this about Saad but he showed absolutely zero spatial awareness.

Brown should go for at least a week but he will end up copping a longer suspension simply because Saad forgot he was on an AFL field.
And it is also easy to suspend Saints players. Always has been.

Interesting case really.

Sure the hit was late, but shoulder to shoulder so not high imho anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting case really.

Sure the hit was late, but shoulder to shoulder so not high imho anyway.

Was hilarious hearing them saying "contact was to the shoulder / collarbone..." as your immediate thought is "so it was a fair bump and not high?

Basically saying brown has a duty of care to inform Saad that he should pay attention to his surroundings and expect contact.

Shades of Jeff "he stopped right in front of me!" Farmer about it. Pinging blokes for daydreaming.

I like Brown and I reckon he's been great for us.

Unfortunately it's an indictment on Richo and the selectors that I have to hope he does get rubbed out for at least 2 weeks in order that Hugh Goddard can get an opportunity to stay on our list.

Having said that, Richo will probably name Gilbert, Wright or Weller as the replacement full back

The way this Gleeson bloke goes on you'd think Nathan was an axe murderer. Hooker tries to take McKenzie's head off with a punch. Intentional. Just misses....luckily. Gets a Fine. Nathan collides with Saad, not intending to hurt him. In a split second. Three games. Really bollocks....

Last edited:
3 weeks...gee wizz.

Was always going to happen when you rollfootage of brown looking at Saad just before the bump. That is, unless Saad goes "nah mates, she's fine, I'm blind as blind creek, play on"

Which again was never going to happen, because Saads initial response was shitting himself, whacking his noggin, then wondering why it was 1962...

3 weeks...gee wizz.
Depends which club you are George. As Brian Speaking just tweeted. Taylor Walker sling tackles Kelly....knocks him out....most probably won't play this week. TWO weeks. Saad gets bumped....not in the head....doesn't get knocked out. Will probably play this week. THREE weeks.

And then Nathan thanked them. We have always been a target at the tribunal. We are easy to roll over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back