News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

A statue of Ben Cousins in St.Kilda would be more than appropriate.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
National treasure.

88916FB2-46A2-46F3-87C2-9D832455E20F.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely feel sorry for Francis. Don’t think he was handled that well, but very glad it’s not our problem. Instead we have Jade&Jake, not a bad deal..quite pleasing actually.

Significantly.....;)

Essendon player welfare department doing wonders.

Feel sorry for anyone heading to them the past few years.
I'd be depressed as all f*** if I got drafted by Essendrug as well.
He wanted out as soon as he got there.

I'd be depressed as all f*** if I got drafted by Essendrug as well.
He wanted out as soon as he got there.
It's really sad stuff for young guys trying to forge a career over there right now.

And I don't really find the "we won the trade" comments respectful as this kid is doing his best and obviously has something going on away from footy that he now has to deal with.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
It's really sad stuff for young guys trying to forge a career over there right now.

And I don't really find the "we won the trade" comments respectful as this kid is doing his best and obviously has something going on away from footy that he now has to deal with.
Not many Saints supporters have said over time we won the trade.

It was arrogant Essendrug supporters backed up by clowns like David King who declared Carlisle would be a bust and wr missed out on Parish.

This myth of Parish had been perpetually risen by ignoramouses, when, if anything, it should have been measured against Francis whom Essendope selected with our pick.

The pick above is in response to Essendon supporters triumphalism back up by morons like King.

Nothing to do with Francis' mental health

So Carlisle and Gresh v Francis, Morgan and Bird.

Whom do you say came out better in the longer run?

Not many Saints supporters have said over time we won the trade.

It was arrogant Essendrug supporters backed up by clowns like David King who declared Carlisle would be a bust and wr missed out on Parish.

This myth of Parish had been perpetually risen by ignoramouses, when, if anything, it should have been measured against Francis whom Essendope selected with our pick.

The pick above is in response to Essendon supporters triumphalism back up by morons like King.

Nothing to do with Francis' mental health

So Carlisle and Gresh v Francis, Morgan and Bird.

Whom do you say came out better in the longer run?

So it's just a coincidence that the trade scenario is being brought up again at the same time one of the players involved takes leave for personal reasons?

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
So it's just a coincidence that the trade scenario is being brought up again at the same time one of the players involved takes leave for personal reasons?

No, but to infer posters are happy about the fact that someone has personal issues is a stretch.

You can seperate the personal with the trade. It is like a physical injury.

We could also say we dodged a bullet with Laverde because of his ongoing injuries.

Facts are, before Francis's current situation, he had played five games in two years, had been rumours of him being a lazy trainer, and then he requested a trade home.

If people like King and numerous Essendon supporters want to compare Carlisle to what they drafted as he said, well there is the comparision.

Anyway, you dont like it, thats up to you. Personally I think the comparision is valid and shows that comparing a draftee bfore two or three years is ridiculous.

Francis may well become a very good player. As it stands he is looking like a bust as far as football goes. if he is so be it, more to life than football, nobody will rejoice in someones personal issues.

This is about football only.

No, but to infer posters are happy about the fact that someone has personal issues is a stretch.

You can seperate the personal with the trade. It is like a physical injury.

We could also say we dodged a bullet with Laverde because of his ongoing injuries.

Facts are, before Francis's current situation, he had played five games in two years, had been rumours of him being a lazy trainer, and then he requested a trade home.

If people like King and numerous Essendon supporters want to compare Carlisle to what they drafted as he said, well there is the comparision.

Anyway, you dont like it, thats up to you. Personally I think the comparision is valid and shows that comparing a draftee bfore two or three years is ridiculous.

Francis may well become a very good player. As it stands he is looking like a bust as far as football goes. if he is so be it, more to life than football, nobody will rejoice in someones personal issues.

This is about football only.
If this is about football only I don't see a point in bringing it up at all because if you thought we won the trade back when it happened, and you thought the same at any point last year, and if your stance hasn't changed I don't see why it needs to be brought up again. If you've had the same opinion of the trade all the way through then it can't be about only football this time around because no football's been played for you to make another assessment.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
If this is about football only I don't see a point in bringing it up at all because if you thought we won the trade back when it happened, and you thought the same at any point last year, and if your stance hasn't changed I don't see why it needs to be brought up again. If you've had the same opinion of the trade all the way through then it can't be about only football this time around because no football's been played for you to make another assessment.

Well thats your opinion. I disagree.

In my opinion your inference is incorrect.

I will not engage you on this matter again as we are at loggerheads and it serves no pupose.

I reiterate, in my opinion your inference is incorrect.

Essendon player welfare department doing wonders.

Feel sorry for anyone heading to them the past few years.
Even though he made his own bed so he has to lay in it.
Always thought BJ must've regretted his decision to go there.
Could've chose the GWS offer. Shitloads more money, probably be capt and playing for a contender.
Ended up wasting a few yrs that could have been the best years of his career .
Jumped straight into thet cess pool that was Essendon at the time.

Even though he made his own bed so he has to lay in it.
Always thought BJ must've regretted his decision to go there.
Could've chose the GWS offer. Shitloads more money, probably be capt and playing for a contender.
Ended up wasting a few yrs that could have been the best years of his career .
Jumped straight into thet cess pool that was Essendon at the time.
Well BJ wanted the security of a longer deal, and I agree with you, moving to Essendon was not great for him as I think the ASADA story broke in his first year at the club and since then it's been all uphill. They made the eight last year with a very easy draw, I don't expect them to be challenging during the remaining few years left of his career.

Back