News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Well BJ wanted the security of a longer deal, and I agree with you, moving to Essendon was not great for him as I think the ASADA story broke in his first year at the club and since then it's been all uphill. They made the eight last year with a very easy draw, I don't expect them to be challenging during the remaining few years left of his career.

I reckon they have an even easier draw this time round. The AFL is set on cashing them back up.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
With hindsight, we should have kept him.

Major **** up by the club IMO.
I feel the same way, but then I think that he might have kept us a notch or two up in the ladder and we might not have got our hands on the future brownlow medalists and premiership stars we have on our list.
A bit like wondering what would have happened if I'd asked this girl or that girl on a date in the past and then remembering that all my decisions led to my lovely present missus and amazing daughter.
A bit like that anyway...
Well it is valentines day and they did make me cheesecake and choco mousse.
(In Japan the blokes get gifts on V.Day, return the favour a month later)

How's the joint founder of Flight Centre donating $10 Mill to the Hawks Dingley project.........nearly fell off my chair when I saw that this morning....wish he barracked for the Saints...lol.

Hope Lindsay Fox saw the headline also..lol.

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
40AABDE0-5C05-4C8B-A162-3981CF2C86B0.jpeg

Mildly triggering

Sainttony

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
How's the joint founder of Flight Centre donating $10 Mill to the Hawks Dingley project.........nearly fell off my chair when I saw that this morning....wish he barracked for the Saints...lol.

Hope Lindsay Fox saw the headline also..lol.

I think it disgusting he is giving the money to the hawks. FFS give it to charity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

PaddysurDaddy

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
being a football supporter is basically handing yourself over to the luck gods. we can't really change anything re our team winning or losing, but in this instance (carlisle trade), we got lucky. Internally everyone feels that way, it's ok to say it. I don't think anyone wouldn't want francis to get through this rough patch and become a great player, even at the expense of hearing david king say I told you so. Doesn't mean we haven't come off better as a club so far.

theprospect

Club Legend
Saints Pledge Contributor
Sep 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
HOW GOOD IS THIS.

I went and saw King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard tonight at a venue in Melbourne. I was wearing my denim jacket which has a vintage Saints logo stitched into it, and I was at the merch table. Who was standing next to me but none other than the great Josh Bruce! Had a good chat, ripper bloke. Didn't want to ask about footy but couldn't resist, says pre season tracking very nicely. Turns out he's best mates with someone I work with as well which was a cool coincidence. Good on ya Brucey though for saying g'day and having a chat, great stuff

HOW GOOD IS THIS.

I went and saw King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard tonight at a venue in Melbourne. I was wearing my denim jacket which has a vintage Saints logo stitched into it, and I was at the merch table. Who was standing next to me but none other than the great Josh Bruce! Had a good chat, ripper bloke. Didn't want to ask about footy but couldn't resist, says pre season tracking very nicely. Turns out he's best mates with someone I work with as well which was a cool coincidence. Good on ya Brucey though for saying g'day and having a chat, great stuff
That's a bit like the time VDS66 went to see Dame Nellie Melba and he bumped into Dave McNamara.

:p

Last edited:

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think it disgusting he is giving the money to the hawks. FFS give it to charity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He earns over $50 million a year , has given a million a year for over 15 years prior to Hawks

Does quite a bit of real charity work unlike Kennett who was collecting over 2 million a year from his so called
charity work ..

No, but to infer posters are happy about the fact that someone has personal issues is a stretch.

You can seperate the personal with the trade. It is like a physical injury.

We could also say we dodged a bullet with Laverde because of his ongoing injuries.

Facts are, before Francis's current situation, he had played five games in two years, had been rumours of him being a lazy trainer, and then he requested a trade home.

If people like King and numerous Essendon supporters want to compare Carlisle to what they drafted as he said, well there is the comparision.

Anyway, you dont like it, thats up to you. Personally I think the comparision is valid and shows that comparing a draftee bfore two or three years is ridiculous.

Francis may well become a very good player. As it stands he is looking like a bust as far as football goes. if he is so be it, more to life than football, nobody will rejoice in someones personal issues.

This is about football only.
Who else would like to see a Barrels poor/lazy trainers best 22? Does anybody from St Kilda make the cut?

With hindsight, we should have kept him.

Major **** up by the club IMO.
If we had of kept he would've gone before Montagna and Rooey, and we'd all be sitting around saying we should have let him go back when a club actually wanted him. Circle of [footy] Life.

Depends if you want a current team or not...

All time for ease (with a sprinkling of current for laughs). Kind of guns and rookies. Scott Cummings would be a lock wouldn’t he?

All time for ease (with a sprinkling of current for laughs). Kind of guns and rookies. Scott Cummings would be a lock wouldn’t he?
I’ll have a dip at a current one a bit later... the all-time one is just waaay too broad.

Imagine if De Goey was a Saints player.
We wouldn't hear the end of it.

Don't go there friend, he might have set fire to whilst punching a kitten as well just for added media exposure capability.

But nah, Edward has done his best on radio to prolong DeSilly in at least some form of media. There's something to be said by having a pompous mouth piece prone to exploding.

Back