News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Holy s**t. Wtf is going on at the dogs. McCarthy their list manager is basically forced out the door and now head of recruitment is gone.

Ye olden times, but I can tell you some stories from the Whitten oval from Libba snr, Dimma, Hose and co's days, it's why the 80's and early 90's will always be the greatest time for the AFL as a the lunatics didn't just run the place but actively tried to build things of sheer wonder.

I am scarred for life from that time as a single digit person. Scarred.

These days I wouldn't think it's anything more than simple restructuring, if there's anything sinister about removals of people from organisations, there will be somebodies who will know and somebodies who will run to something to make it public knowledge. At least in the Victorian market where AFL is the primary sport of interest and has been for a a century and a bit.

Ye olden times, but I can tell you some stories from the Whitten oval from Libba snr, Dimma, Hose and co's days, it's why the 80's and early 90's will always be the greatest time for the AFL as a the lunatics didn't just run the place but actively tried to build things of sheer wonder.

I am scarred for life from that time as a single digit person. Scarred.

These days I wouldn't think it's anything more than simple restructuring, if there's anything sinister about removals of people from organisations, there will be somebodies who will know and somebodies who will run to something to make it public knowledge. At least in the Victorian market where AFL is the primary sport of interest and has been for a a century and a bit.
From what the media tells us the western bulldogs seems to have a lot of infighting going on

Also the article makes it sound like the dogs wanted to keep him and are pissed he left.

From what the media tells us the western bulldogs seems to have a lot of infighting going on

Also the article makes it sound like the dogs wanted to keep him and are pissed he left.

Well yeah the Dogs would be pissed, they planned on him being there, the restructuring would be at Sydney and they identified him as a talent and we all know how cashed up they are to offer contracts. Say you've been at a company for a decade and get a new offer at a company that does the same thing only on more coin. You'd take it generally, especially if you think you've done good and do different/ better elsewhere. As the Dogs you get pissed and then move to fill the void, it's the nature of the business.

McCarthy was also technically OOC at the time of going to GWS, open argument if you consider if it was by design or his choice, but simply creates a narrative in the article that the Dogs have issues with management retention, when really this isn't a Libba jnr going southern Asian and on a bender type of "Dogs have issues ZOMG" sort of story.

Huge changes those ones at WB. Basically the two main ones who got them Bont and co are now gone. Meanwhile, Sydney continue to get stronger. Dalrymple a huge get for them.

Because ******* Sydney need more help in that department. I couldn't understand why someone like Collingwood didn't go after him.

Well yeah the Dogs would be pissed, they planned on him being there, the restructuring would be at Sydney and they identified him as a talent and we all know how cashed up they are to offer contracts. Say you've been at a company for a decade and get a new offer at a company that does the same thing only on more coin. You'd take it generally, especially if you think you've done good and do different/ better elsewhere. As the Dogs you get pissed and then move to fill the void, it's the nature of the business.

McCarthy was also technically OOC at the time of going to GWS, open argument if you consider if it was by design or his choice, but simply creates a narrative in the article that the Dogs have issues with management retention, when really this isn't a Libba jnr going southern Asian and on a bender type of "Dogs have issues ZOMG" sort of story.
If I recall correctly McCarthy had a falling out with the footy boss and had a big disagreement with the president on stringer.

It sounded like the list management team had to relinquish control on what happened with stringer

Anyone notice the article about former Essendon player Andrew Lovett in the Hun today?
Gone downhill big time.
Gambling and recreational drug addiction, homelessness, and now charged with assault.

Been rolling down that hill for the past 15ish years has Andrew, because for all the strides and brilliance of people, the man gets a bit of liquor in him and turns into an utter piece of s**t in the process.

And I'm safe in saying this comment because I take a piss standing up instead of sitting down, because that's how he rolls.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great to see this symbolic moment recognised, wish it was at Moorabbin so I could take the young fella to see it

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/st-kil...ed-in-perth-not-victoria-20180211-p4yzy4.html
Disappointed it won't be at Moorabbin but there will be a different "sculpture" of him there.

St Kilda Football Club had also pushed to have the statue at its refurbished training base at Moorabbin, where Winmar played 45 of his 251 AFL games. It is believed the Saints will instead include Winmar in a sculptural montage of former champions, featuring the likes of Tony Lockett and Nick Riewoldt.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/st-kilda-...ed-in-perth-not-victoria-20180211-p4yzy4.html

W.A ......GAGF!!!!!.
I know we can get even by putting a Chris Lewis statue at Moorabbin :drunk:
It's absolutely bizarre. He has no real strong connection to football here. It makes no sense.

It's like putting a statue of Dale Kickett in a freo jumper at Moorabbin.

Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's absolutely bizarre. He has no real strong connection to football here. It makes no sense.

It's like putting a statue of Dale Kickett in a freo jumper at Moorabbin.
The powers that be , were going to do a Paul Haselby or Matthew Pavlich statue , but the cost of the bronze needed for Haselbys stomach or Pavlichs nose , made it financially impossible.

Back