News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia died in a car crash overnight.

RIP.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

s**t, are you serious. Poor guy, he always had that troubled reputation. Feel for his family.

James Wall who was rookied for StKilda in 2006 won Scopions best and fairest in 2008 and 2009.
Before we were aligned with anyone , last player as a Saints reserves player ?

Colin Sylvia died in a car crash overnight.

RIP.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Pretty weird that it's like 6th or 7th story down on the AFL site, seems a little more important than Jacob Townshend finding a new club frankly.

In any case my condolences to Colin's family and friends, a sad moment when someone that young gets taken.

Pretty weird that it's like 6th or 7th story down on the AFL site, seems a little more important than Jacob Townshend finding a new club frankly.

In any case my condolences to Colin's family and friends, a sad moment when someone that young gets taken.
i think there was a bit of anger around it because it was announced on Twitter that he had died before his family had been informed so some family members found out through social media .... theres a lot of points to the crash and fault of the crash ect that really are not things that shouldnt be discussed or reported on out of respect for the family so i think it has been deliberatly down played for that purpose ...

9e43fdc6a45c445d23c4879bf01439ce.jpg

Carlton 2019 away strip. Starting to look like a GWS seconds side in more ways than one.

9e43fdc6a45c445d23c4879bf01439ce.jpg

Carlton 2019 away strip. Starting to look like a GWS seconds side in more ways than one.
I like it personally, think we should do similar for clash tops or training tops.

Read a post in the FJGD board which claimed clubs whose identity is no solely about their colours and is partly about their logos like Carlton us Brisbane etc should explore other colour schemes to expand marketability. Or something.

I love our colours but I think it would be refreshing and good for next gen to do this. Weve already had that green and black top with our logo which I loved. I think Carlton are onto a winner there, too, though I'm not convinced about that grey.

Last edited:
Unlike it personally, think we should do similar for clash tops or training tops.

Read a post in the FJGD board which claimed clubs whose identity is no solely about their colours and is partly about their logos like Carlton us Brisbane etc should explore other colour schemes to expand marketability. Or something.

I love our colours but I think it would be refreshing and good for next gen to do this. Weve already had that green and black top with our logo which I loved. I think Carlton are onto a winner there, too, though I'm not convinced about that grey.

We could go white, red or Black with just a crest for sure. A bad ass black strip for the reprobates, nice white for the virgins and red for the china game. Make it happen Saints.

Carlton's looks like a s**t-stain like the club though. It's awful, Carlton fans hate it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could go white, red or Black with just a crest for sure. A bad ass black strip for the reprobates, nice white for the virgins and red for the china game. Make it happen Saints.

Carlton's looks like a s**t-stain like the club though. It's awful, Carlton fans hate it too.
Huh, I wrote "I like it" and it came out as "Unlike it", how annoying. I'm a fan of the top pictured.

I like what our club has done recently turning our logo into a monochrome monogram around an unfamiliar colour scheme. I think it's a worthy experiment with acknowledging and growing our identity. Something the premier League had been ahead of the game in exploring.

I'm not a big fan of traditions in general though.

Wasn't there a time in the late two seasons where the cheersquad has divided up into three vertical colour sections featuring members wearing solely one colour red/white/black? That looked boss, love to see that happen again.

Wasn't there a time in the late two seasons where the cheersquad has divided up into three vertical colour sections featuring members wearing solely one colour red/white/black? That looked boss, love to see that happen again.

I didn't notice but sounds good. Last few weeks it would have been the seats, hardly anyone showed up.

I remember that very well.....think it was during the 2017 season....it looked awesome from where we were sitting at the old Etihad.

It looked amazing. I think ( not 100%) that Dare sponsored the T-shirts. Would look great in the candy stripe too...still my favourite away strip.

I like it personally, think we should do similar for clash tops or training tops.

I think it looks like absolute s**t and that when you have actual good tradition such as our crest and jumper that you don't mess with that.

I think it looks like absolute s**t and that when you have actual good tradition such as our crest and jumper that you don't mess with that.

We'll have to agree to disagree there. Good or bad, I don't like being limited by tradition. Anyway, I like the recent StK logo our marketing crew have created, variation on a theme. I think there's potential to be explored further, without reinventing the club identity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back