momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is it just me or did that off- season fly by?

Reckon 2018 might be our year.

If a team like Richmond can win a flag we should be able to go through undefeated.
It's just you ...
Though I agree - 2018 is our year and if we do go well, we will set ourselves up for a great decade.

Is it just me or did that off- season fly by?

Reckon 2018 might be our year.

If a team like Richmond can win a flag we should be able to go through undefeated.
It's just you... it has moved at the speed of a giant tortoise! But I do agree that it might be our year!!!! :D

Galapagos_giant_tortoise-1024x682.jpg

Goodwin of Melbourne has just announced that both Viney & McDonald's foot injuries will keep them out for 6 to 8 weeks.
Damn! That's huge for Melbourne... might have to change my tipping...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I did my round-by-round ladder predictor. I have Port finishing minor premiers and practically sitting comfortably at the top all year, if only because they seem to have a cushy draw. Plus I think this year will see teams reap the benefits of aggressive trading. That’s why I also have Essendon and Hawthorn doing really well. But Port will not be the best side and that will be common knowledge. That honour will go to Richmond. They’ll play even better because I think they’ll be more humble than the Bulldogs. Remember these Tiger players endured many absolute thrashings for years to get to their flag. They will improve, and win the flag again. But I think there will be a lack of competition. Essendon will be bumped out of an elimination final again, GWS will underwhelm all year and fail to secure that home final which will ultimately cost them. Adelaide will have demons. Geelong will be there abouts once again but adding GAJ will not solve their problems one bit.

As for us, I have us in the race for the top four pretty much all year but we will be pipped at the post because of some tough losses in the run home (Giants at Spotless then the Hawks.) And I have our departure from the finals being a worst-case scenario.... we will lose to Hawthorn in a semi final. So when we are all weeping in misery come the second wedk of the finals, don’t say I didn’t warn you all. (Fear not, the Hawks will get their comeuppance the following week at the G against Richmond in a ten goal thrashing which will make things marginally happier for us!) Richmond and Port will face off in the decider but the Tigers will account for the pretenders pretty comfortably to go B2B (and it will be even more deserving than 2017’s flag... but no less yuck.)

1. Port Adelaide (17-5)
2. Richmond (16-6)
3. GWS (15-7)
4. Hawthorn (15-7)
5. Geelong (15-7)
6. Adelaide Crows (14-8)
7. Essendon (13-9)
8. Sydney (13-9)
9. Bulldogs (12-10)
10. Melbourne (11-11)
11. West Coast (10-12)
12. Fremantle (9-13)
13. Brisbane Lions (9-13)
14. Carlton (8-14)
15. Collingwood (7-15)
16. St Kilda (6-16) * will be injury ravaged all season
17. North Melbourne (4-18)
18 Gold Coast (4-18)

That's my predictions anyway

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back