No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
So I did my round-by-round ladder predictor. I have Port finishing minor premiers and practically sitting comfortably at the top all year, if only because they seem to have a cushy draw. Plus I think this year will see teams reap the benefits of aggressive trading. That’s why I also have Essendon and Hawthorn doing really well. But Port will not be the best side and that will be common knowledge. That honour will go to Richmond. They’ll play even better because I think they’ll be more humble than the Bulldogs. Remember these Tiger players endured many absolute thrashings for years to get to their flag. They will improve, and win the flag again. But I think there will be a lack of competition. Essendon will be bumped out of an elimination final again, GWS will underwhelm all year and fail to secure that home final which will ultimately cost them. Adelaide will have demons. Geelong will be there abouts once again but adding GAJ will not solve their problems one bit.

As for us, I have us in the race for the top four pretty much all year but we will be pipped at the post because of some tough losses in the run home (Giants at Spotless then the Hawks.) And I have our departure from the finals being a worst-case scenario.... we will lose to Hawthorn in a semi final. So when we are all weeping in misery come the second wedk of the finals, don’t say I didn’t warn you all. (Fear not, the Hawks will get their comeuppance the following week at the G against Richmond in a ten goal thrashing which will make things marginally happier for us!) Richmond and Port will face off in the decider but the Tigers will account for the pretenders pretty comfortably to go B2B (and it will be even more deserving than 2017’s flag... but no less yuck.)

1. Port Adelaide (17-5)
2. Richmond (16-6)
3. GWS (15-7)
4. Hawthorn (15-7)
5. Geelong (15-7)
6. Adelaide Crows (14-8)
7. Essendon (13-9)
8. Sydney (13-9)
9. Bulldogs (12-10)
10. Melbourne (11-11)
11. West Coast (10-12)
12. Fremantle (9-13)
13. Brisbane Lions (9-13)
14. Carlton (8-14)
15. Collingwood (7-15)
16. St Kilda (6-16) * will be injury ravaged all season
17. North Melbourne (4-18)
18 Gold Coast (4-18)

That's my predictions anyway
Hawks wont make the 8. No chance for top 4

If Richmond had accepted picks 6 (Rohan) and 14 (Jetta) for Martin's pick 3 we would have carried out the biggest robbery of all time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack2Jack

Club Legend
May 3, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
They need to bring back the 25m penalty for minor stuff like someone being one step 2 close in the protected area or abuse, means less chance the result can be too heavily influenced from junk crap. 50m only for physical stuff.
A couple of those 'protected area' decisions today were far too red hot, especially when the player doesn't even get in the kickers way or affect the play in any way.

Also how hard is it to pace out 50m? the umpires constantly get this wrong and give some way too short or way too long.

Daisy pearce is shitful

This. So much this!

How does she get a gig, she is horrendous as a commentator, and her after match interviews are even worse!

This. So much this!

How does she get a gig, she is horrendous as a commentator, and her after match interviews are even worse!

She has a likeable nature about her. Yeah her technique is ordinary but I'm sick of blokes with punchable faces and unlistenable voices getting jobs on TV just because they're technically faultless (hey Basil, hey Hamish, hey Lingy, hey Bruce). Sometimes it's nice just to see a keen footy enthusiast waffling about the game rather than a so-called expert.

Much like Foote is at any level

See it's posts like this that I can't get on board with. You don't rate Foote, i'm not sure anyone on here does. So it's unnecessary to use a Swans player as the butt of a joke where really it was not needed. He has nothing to do with the game that was on tonight. Especially when he's a kid whose played 7 games. That's not whipping-boy worthy in my eyes but each to their own.

Only R1 but Richmond won’t be doing a bulldogs imo
They will be the real deal again

Flogged in the ruck again like the GF and still kick over 120 just shows you don’t need 2 rucks

There spread with speed is something else they have brought to the game , outstanding!
They also have such even goal spreads and not focused on jack to do it all

Only R1 but Richmond won’t be doing a bulldogs imo
They will be the real deal again

Flogged in the ruck again like the GF and still kick over 120 just shows you don’t need 2 rucks

There spread with speed is something else they have brought to the game , outstanding!
They also have such even goal spreads and not focused on jack to do it all
Well why don't you just support them then!!

*runs to room & slams door*

Jkin mate. They looked off their game & still won by a bit (albeit against Carlton who had a few injuries).

Well why don't you just support them then!!

*runs to room & slams door*

Jkin mate. They looked off their game & still won by a bit (albeit against Carlton who had a few injuries).
I hate the tigers but they are playing a good brand and playing as a United team

They had a few good players out last night also

I hate the tigers but they are playing a good brand and playing as a United team

They had a few good players out last night also
Yep. Pressure footy. Swarm the contest then spread like crazy. Bit like GWS in full flight too.

Only round 1 though & being premoers they are now the hunted. I'm going to see if anyone has some ideas how to countaract them this year before I put them in b2b calls.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
The Foxtel Now app is possibly the worst paid streaming app in existence. Freezes, audio and video not synced, no audio at all, constant buffering. Cancelled after one day.

The Foxtel Now app is possibly the worst paid streaming app in existence. Freezes, audio and video not synced, no audio at all, constant buffering. Cancelled after one day.
One of my mates has it & said it was brilliant. He's in a really good location & has a fantastic nbn connection (reliable, fast etc) though. Is it the app or the isp/internet?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
One of my mates has it & said it was brilliant. He's in a really good location & has a fantastic nbn connection (reliable, fast etc) though. Is it the app or the isp/internet?
I get 50 mps at peak times and no issues with any app streaming on hd on any platform. Reading online these issues are pretty common (app gets one star rating) as its a first generation attempt by Foxtel. It's seriously s**t.

She has a likeable nature about her. Yeah her technique is ordinary but I'm sick of blokes with punchable faces and unlistenable voices getting jobs on TV just because they're technically faultless (hey Basil, hey Hamish, hey Lingy, hey Bruce). Sometimes it's nice just to see a keen footy enthusiast waffling about the game rather than a so-called expert.

I’m not saying she’s not a sweet girl. She’s a horrific commentator though absolutely zero feel for the game and has no idea how to do interviews post game. I’m sorry if this is blunt but I say it how it is sometimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back