No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year the bombers kill the first half of the year and then fall apart in the second half. It's kind of their thing.

*except 2016, where they sucked the whole year for pretty obvious reasons
Ehh...felt they were pretty even for most of last year in terms of standard, and in 2014 they had to come back from quite far to make the 8. That's a 2012/13 meme when the drugs scandal was at its fullest.

Surely the most over hyped win in AFL history. A round 1 win against a losing grand finalist on their home deck.... woooow

Put a line through the Bombers and Blues. Both have no chance this year.
If the Crows get beaten at home next week, you can put a line through them as well.

Put a line through the Bombers and Blues. Both have no chance this year.
If the Crows get beaten at home next week, you can put a line through them as well.

It will be interesting to see how Adelaide respond to their GF shellacking. West Coast came out in 2016 shadows of their selves from the year before, and two years later have practically had a rebuild forced upon them and have slid down the ladder. I honestly thought we would have the same fate in 2015 after the GF debacle the year before but our outstanding mini-rebuild in 2016 rejuvenated our side and we made another grand final. We had to do quite the list turn-over to get to this point though, so whether Don Pyke can do it as well as Horse will be intriguing.

Personally I hope they manage to stay a quality side. I'd much rather a fair team and a decent club be up the top end than the filthy Vic clubs like Richmond or Essendon etc

Ehh...felt they were pretty even for most of last year in terms of standard, and in 2014 they had to come back from quite far to make the 8. That's a 2012/13 meme when the drugs scandal was at its fullest.
But I like 2012.

It will be interesting to see how Adelaide respond to their GF shellacking.
I looked into this a while ago
2000 - Melbourne lose by 60. The next year they finish 11th.
2003 - Collingwood lose by 50. The next year they finish 13th.
2004 - Brisbane lose by 40. The next year they finish 11th.
2007 - Port Adelaide lose by 119. The next year they finish 13th.
2010 - St Kilda lose by 56. The next year they finish 6th.
For those that like optimism bordering on desperation, I will add that West Coast came back from a flogging in 1991 to win the next year's Grand Final, though they had some pretty fantastic list concessions and were a new club.

Also Geelong got belted in a Grand Final in 1994 (by that West Coast team) and recovered to get absolutely belted again in the Grand Final in 1995.

It will be interesting to see how Adelaide respond to their GF shellacking. West Coast came out in 2016 shadows of their selves from the year before, and two years later have practically had a rebuild forced upon them and have slid down the ladder. I honestly thought we would have the same fate in 2015 after the GF debacle the year before but our outstanding mini-rebuild in 2016 rejuvenated our side and we made another grand final. We had to do quite the list turn-over to get to this point though, so whether Don Pyke can do it as well as Horse will be intriguing.

Personally I hope they manage to stay a quality side. I'd much rather a fair team and a decent club be up the top end than the filthy Vic clubs like Richmond or Essendon etc

Their ball movement was terrible last night. They have lots of injuries and they have the mental scars of losing the GF.
I reckon Richmond will beat them next week (6 day break won't help given they run out of puff in the last quarter).

I hope the Bombers don't win a flag for decades.
I don't mind the Tigers, they beat Carlton in 2nd gear on Thursday & look ominous. How their season goes will depend on how they cope with being hunted every week.

Bad news, Essendon won the grand final last night
Its far better to lose the first 6 games than to notch key early victories towards the ~14 you need to finish top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back