No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't stop Matt Priddis winning one. And Mitchell is exactly the same as Priddis, a slow accumulator with crappy disposal.
Completely agree, Priddis was a joke and from memory I reckon I could name a half dozen players more deserving. A heap of the ball and a distinctive look was all it took, Mitchell has one but not the other.

I’ll just be pissed off if Mitchell wins because how many votes did Kennedy/Hanners/Parker all steal off each other over the years. Not to mention Buddy. All one of them had to do was leave the Swans and go to a team with no midfield and they’d have a Brownlow.

I'll have a go at it.
All rules that have been brought in have been to stop a team from doing something they gained an advantage from.
Umps calling play on after 10 seconds from a mark or free kick because Swans used to hold up play back in 2005 under Roos.
The rushed behind free kick because the Hawks rushed about 7 or 8 behinds in the 2008 GF. etc, etc.
Well Swans & Hawks have managed to stay ahead of the game no matter what rule changes have come in.
So I am happy to conclude that well coached & managed teams/clubs will continue to stay ahead of the changes by adjusting to best suit their list/players.
Buddy is a freak & will continue to be a freak until his body says he's no longer a freak.

Carlton will still be s**t because their football department is still playing catch up & are always looking for scape goats for their predicament at any given time. This week they thrust Silvagni in front of the media to take some heat for their s**t culture which is being passed down from older player to younger player over the last 20 years or so. Unlike at the Swans where we do the same now with good culture.

Let the AFL change the rules as much as they want because the good clubs will adjust as they always do & their playing list will evolve accordingly with the stars like Buddy standing out as they always have.
And some clubs will evolve quicker than others because they are invited to showcase those potential rule changes to officialdom in closed sessions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already had them and Jack is a midfielder !
Oh well.
Sorry we follow a s**t organisation.
In fact I'm switching to Richmond. First class club that never leaves home & gets all their picks right with an exciting game plan & top bloke for a coach.
Why should I continue to go through this pain of watching poor recruiting when I can just switch clubs every two years according to who is goin great guns.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back