2018 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

first year playing this, but very experienced in the old dream team & ultimate footy (uses dream team scoring & has a draft), so could do with some answers to:

1. is it a good idea to have some SC cash left over when selecting your first team?
2. are players who play, but score poorly better than prospective "ins" who could score better?
3. where can i find tips about players in BF forums? (i see some have dedicated SC threads, but others don't)
4. i couldn't find the actual rules anywhere, but i assume there are a finite number of trades, once the season begins. is this correct & how many are there?

thanks for any response.

first year playing this, but very experienced in the old dream team & ultimate footy (uses dream team scoring & has a draft), so could do with some answers to:

1. is it a good idea to have some SC cash left over when selecting your first team?
2. are players who play, but score poorly better than prospective "ins" who could score better?
3. where can i find tips about players in BF forums? (i see some have dedicated SC threads, but others don't)
4. i couldn't find the actual rules anywhere, but i assume there are a finite number of trades, once the season begins. is this correct & how many are there?

thanks for any response.

Someone correct any of the below if it's wrong:

1. Yes, no price rises occur until after Round 3 (or a players 3rd game if they don't start in R1), so spare cash gives you wiggle room to get in any must-haves or dump bad choices.
2. I'd usually say yes, you're better to have a player playing than holding on to someone who isn't going to play - rookies on the 3rd game "bubble" or 1-2 week injuries are the exception.
3. This forum has various threads for different positions, worth a read.
4. Yes, Supercoach has a 30 trade limit for the season (I think it's 30 from memory) as well as a maximum of 2 per week (3 during the byes).

Someone correct any of the below if it's wrong:

1. Yes, no price rises occur until after Round 3 (or a players 3rd game if they don't start in R1), so spare cash gives you wiggle room to get in any must-haves or dump bad choices.
2. I'd usually say yes, you're better to have a player playing than holding on to someone who isn't going to play - rookies on the 3rd game "bubble" or 1-2 week injuries are the exception.
3. This forum has various threads for different positions, worth a read.
4. Yes, Supercoach has a 30 trade limit for the season (I think it's 30 from memory) as well as a maximum of 2 per week (3 during the byes).
ta heaps :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::footy:

owen87 pretty much has you covered, I'll add a couple of notes.

Some money is good, but you also want to try utilise it if you can. Generally the more money you spend, the more points you will get (pending the right selections of course) so anywhere between $50-100k is what people will usually sit on. If you have a pretty perfect team that your happy with, don't downgrade someone like Heeney to Roughead just to free up $50k for future use.

It's worth reading through some of the club forums too - some have specific fantasy topics for players from that team. You can also read through training reports and what not.

Just to clarify, for the round port/GayCnts have their bye its still a normal round SC wise? as in they dont make it best 20 or anything?

ok, another question.
being used to dream team scoring, I like a forward who plays like a mid, so I have a few dual position players in my team at this stage.
question: what happens once players are reassigned positions?
if i have for example 4 players in my forwards who were mid/fwd & are now only mids, what happens?

thanks in advance for replies

ok, another question.
being used to dream team scoring, I like a forward who plays like a mid, so I have a few dual position players in my team at this stage.
question: what happens once players are reassigned positions?
if i have for example 4 players in my forwards who were mid/fwd & are now only mids, what happens?

thanks in advance for replies
positions do not change throughout the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could do with some help promoting a 10 team full keeper league that operates from Big Footy board’s using Supercoach scoring.

We’re about to start our third season and we have 2 spaces free.

Other than allowing free agent pickups through the season we try and operate as close to reality as we can. We have squads of 44 and you have to field at least 2 Key Forwards and 2 Key Backs in your lineup each week.

There’s a good bunch of managers involved, an optional cash prize and all in all it provides a different type of challenge for Supercoach disciples.

If you’d like to sign up please reply to this post or pm me. Supporters of all teams welcome.

Cheers

Last chance to join a 10 team full keeper/dynasty league that operates from Big Footy board’s using Supercoach scoring.

We’re about to start our third season and we have 1 space free.

We can’t really operate with 9 so we’re really keen to get another manager so someone doesn’t miss out.

Other than allowing free agent pickups through the season we try and operate as close to reality as we can. We have squads of 44 and you have to field at least 2 Key Forwards and 2 Key Backs in your lineup each week.

There’s a good bunch of managers involved, an optional cash prize and all in all it provides a different type of challenge for Supercoach disciples.

If you’d like to sign up please reply to this post or pm me. Supporters of all teams welcome.

Cheers

It's because the computer account deletes a league every time you ask a muppet question.
I'm not in 27 leagues right now.

Either that or use the drop down menu.

I’m trying To look at my 2017 ranking but when I click history the drop down menu only shows 2014, not the last 3 seasons. Does anyone have a solution or a similar problem? Thanks

..so I was out on the turps last night and met a guy at the bar, he said his name was Jordan. Anyway me and him and my friends had a shitload of Sambucca shots and beer chasers turns out it' must have been De Goey.. we didn't even recognise the young pup, ha what a night for him. edit, no selfies were taken as i didn't know who he was at the time, or my friends didnt either. Only today looking at footy profiles after Caz, my girlfriend thought it was him after reading some tweet. What a *ing idiot he went hard and has to play in a month?? wtf

Last edited:
..so I was out on the turps last night and met a guy at the bar, he said his name was Jordan. Anyway me and him and my friends had a shitload of Sambucca shots and beer chasers turns out it' must have been De Goey.. we didn't even recognise the young pup, ha what a night for him. edit, no selfies were taken as i didn't know who he was at the time, or my friends didnt either. Only today looking at footy profiles after Caz, my girlfriend thought it was him after reading some tweet. What a ruddy idiot he went hard and has to play in a month?? wtf
Was Hanners with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back