2018 general discussions

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
As someone mentioned in a previous thread, why would a coach come here. 2018 just seems like it is going to be such a hole of a year. So many 'home' games away from Metricon, no training facilities for a good portion of the season.

A lot needs to change

But, if there is any positive, it will be hard to go backwards

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
IMG_7131.JPG

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd have felt much better if we were going into next year with Eade
We just need stability at the moment and I don't think we're going to be able to attarct a coach who's orders of magnitude better than Rocket
But maybe tonight's effort will get us a bankrolled coach a la Roos to Melbourne
Maybe

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I encourage everyone to email the club with their constructive thoughts on changes this off season.

gcmembership@goldcoastfc.com.au

They will forward it on to the relevant department or the board.

Spoke to some staff yesterday and they are looking for feedback from the fans.
I will, once I can put an email together that doesn't reek of anger and disappointment

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
I email them regularly, I sort of feel bad for the guys in the Membership dept that have to sift through the emails whenever they put up an insipid performance.
But yeah u hope it has a dripping Tap affect and it eventually finds its way through the club.
I'm surprised the club has emails and not still a fax.

SunsBhoy

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So i'm guessing tomorrow the delistings happen and coaches/staff get moved on or are they going to wait till the NEAFL is over?

I'm guessing it might be a couple of weeks this time around as we don't have a coach yet , we should have a coach in the next 2-3 weeks then he would have a say on list management I would think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon May played the last month on one leg
Lyons and Rischitelli nowhere near fit and Hanley too
Somehow we have to get the boys fit and healthy
We can win games with a healthy list and I think the young guys like Ainsworth Brodie Wright Fiorini Scrimshaw will all push up.
All those guys seem likely and will mean we're not selecting Shaws Grants and Brooksbys even when injury strikes
Dreadful coup;e of months but the silver lining is all the young players that got a look and know whats expected for 2018

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We can win games with a healthy list and I think the young guys like Ainsworth Brodie Wright Fiorini Scrimshaw will all push up.
All those guys seem likely and will mean we're not selecting Shaws Grants and Brooksbys even when injury strikes
Dreadful coup;e of months but the silver lining is all the young players that got a look and know whats expected for 2018
Who are you and what did you do with the real SandyToes

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I like your thinking..............

SunsBhoy

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
But I agree

As far as how well we go next year, whatever we can do to prevent injuries is going to be more important than who coaches

But didn't we do that at the end of last season ? And the season before that? I say get the boys on the peptides and bulk the * up so we can stick those tackles and avoid getting these impact injurys so easy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I say get the boys on the peptides and bulk the **** up so we can stick those tackles and avoid getting these impact injurys so easy.
It's not all bad — we'd get rubbed out for a year, pick up the number one picks in all the drafts, and our mature players have a year to kick back and get their bodies right. Then boom, we play finals!

Back