2018 general discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Roos has been saying this for the past month on the Sunday rub on triple m Melbourne.

He said on Sunday Suns should get 5 extra list spots just for big body mature players from the state leagues to help protect the kids

Right. But not just to protect the kids in the ressies, some of them have just been overlooked and will become solid B grade or better AFL players.

Right. But not just to protect the kids in the ressies, some of them have just been overlooked and will become solid B grade or better AFL players.
Yes that correct.
Roos also said Suns need to look at players that have already been on afl lists but didn't make it the 1st time give them another opportunity like we did this year with Nick Holman

Yes that correct.
Roos also said Suns need to look at players that have already been on afl lists but didn't make it the 1st time give them another opportunity like we did this year with Nick Holman

Probably where I disagree there. The ones I would be focussed on would be the ones dominating in those 2nd tier comps but not yet been given an afl level development environment.

We need to get Roos in as a consultant to run his eye over the place. The guy is smart and I suspect he would jump at the chance to be seen as a driver behind turning the club around.
Sometimes a set of fresh eyes are needed as those in the day to day can’t see the forest for the trees
From some of his comments on the weekend I reckon he's been chatting already
Sounds like he was "pleased to see" the Suns players shutting down the turnover run of the opposition- classic Roos mantra
Easier to do against Brisbane than Richmond or Geelong of course

I really get the feeling our new hierarchy see our list as around 2-3yrs from pushing into the top 8. Hence the chatter we will be spending big $$$ on extra development staff and getting our younger players ready to step up. And then add in the club not wanting to buy any free agents for 3yrs maybe the plan is to hit our straps around 2021, buy in some free agents for added potency and then hopefully a long term shot at finals footy before Swallow/May are in their twilight years? Dunno, could be wrong, just the vibe I’m getting.

I really get the feeling our new hierarchy see our list as around 2-3yrs from pushing into the top 8. Hence the chatter we will be spending big $$$ on extra development staff and getting our younger players ready to step up. And then add in the club not wanting to buy any free agents for 3yrs maybe the plan is to hit our straps around 2021, buy in some free agents for added potency and then hopefully a long term shot at finals footy before Swallow/May are in their twilight years? Dunno, could be wrong, just the vibe I’m getting.

Theres chatter about spending big on coaches?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back