Analysis 2018 General Offseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,
Where can I find out where the swans are training? I've already emailed the club with no response.

The club have been scheduling sessions at Henson Park Marrickville over the past 3 weeks and I've managed to walk in and coincidently find them there a couple of times. Going off the news from the official website, they've been there on Tuesday (26th) and Thursday (28th) this week as well.

No surprise they're using the venue as it's just had its off-season turf renovation, looks and feels really good underfoot at the moment, has ample parking for players, changeroom facilities, the field itself is fairly large, and it's enclosed so they don't need to share the field with dog walkers and clumps of dog s**t that they'll find at bat and ball oval in moore park. For those unaware, the club has had issues using (Kippax) lakeside oval outside the SCG for pre season due to the light rail construction (effectively losing the western side wing).

I'm wondering how much longer they'll be using the marrickville site for training as it's literally a 10-min walk from my joint and I generally have mornings off during the week to voyeur. I'm assuming they won't have cart blanche use of the SCG during the season because it'll be copping a bit of traffic with the NRL roosters, Super Rugby Waratahs, and A-League FC using the field for matches over the next few months so Henson Park might be their go to venue, although it will start to wear itself with the Swans City region Academy training, NRL Roosters pathways training and home matches, Newtown Jets NSW Cup training and home matches, and the NEAFL & AFL Sydney comps using it extensively during the season as well.

Cheers - MCG

Hey folks,
Where can I find out where the swans are training? I've already emailed the club with no response.

Basically look for a streetscape resembling Hiroshima or Nagasaki around August 1945. That is how many houses we have trained down.

The club have been scheduling sessions at Henson Park Marrickville over the past 3 weeks and I've managed to walk in and coincidently find them there a couple of times. Going off the news from the official website, they've been there on Tuesday (26th) and Thursday (28th) this week as well.

Used to go and watch the Jets play there with Dad. Got beat up a few times there as well. Probably would happen again if I went there now. Sorry - reminiscing. Good times.

No surprise they're using the venue as it's just had its off-season turf renovation, looks and feels really good underfoot at the moment, has ample parking for players, changeroom facilities, the field itself is fairly large, and it's enclosed so they don't need to share the field with dog walkers and clumps of dog s**t that they'll find at bat and ball oval in moore park. For those unaware, the club has had issues using (Kippax) lakeside oval outside the SCG for pre season due to the light rail construction (effectively losing the western side wing).

When I was going there you were allowed to bring in a carton per person. I was a person. Even as a 7 year old or so. Dad and his mates used to make that argument with the guy on the gate. The facilities consisted of having a piss up the top of the hill preferably so it ran down the far side....well for the first half anyway.

I'm wondering how much longer they'll be using the marrickville site for training as it's literally a 10-min walk from my joint and I generally have mornings off during the week to voyeur. I'm assuming they won't have cart blanche use of the SCG during the season because it'll be copping a bit of traffic with the NRL roosters, Super Rugby Waratahs, and A-League FC using the field for matches over the next few months so Henson Park might be their go to venue, although it will start to wear itself with the Swans City region Academy training, NRL Roosters pathways training and home matches, Newtown Jets NSW Cup training and home matches, and the NEAFL & AFL Sydney comps using it extensively during the season as well.

Your use of carte blanche is noted. And applauded. This place could use a bit of culture. I do so love the Russian language. Or German. Whatever the * it is.

Cheers - MCG

I fully realise I have added nothing. But that is my default position.

Im just glad he is someone elses problem now.

Rohan is the type of guy who I think would encounter the same problems no matter which team he is at. Even in his first JLT game in Geelong colours, there were moments where he showed that same courage to get in positions to win the footy even at his own peril, and then in other moments, he completely shirked the contact and avoided contested situations where he could've impacted. He just cannot seem to apply himself consistently in matches.

Rohan is the type of guy who I think would encounter the same problems no matter which team he is at. Even in his first JLT game in Geelong colours, there were moments where he showed that same courage to get in positions to win the footy even at his own peril, and then in other moments, he completely shirked the contact and avoided contested situations where he could've impacted. He just cannot seem to apply himself consistently in matches.
I have to agree with you, seems a bit of a mental thing.
I can't say that I remember him being like that prior to his leg break or is that just my memories being kinder and more forgiving?

I can't say that I remember him being like that prior to his leg break or is that just my memories being kinder and more forgiving?

IIRC correctly, he was just starting to look good when he broke his leg. Even in the game where it happened, he looked really dangerous in the forward line (briefly).

I dunno what the issue was in the end. All i know is when around the time he was traded, there were murmurings that he wasnt happy with being pushed out ... I just thought I am happy we are moving on. Are we just a charity that keeps giving contracts to blokes who have played 15 good games in 8 years?

Seems like a great guy, but i think people have ginger-tinted sunglasses. Has had maybe one or two games where he actively helped us win.

Sometimes his 14 final against norf where he got some touches yets mentioned, but no one would have touched us that game.
And he was absolutely diabolical in the final against freo the week before

Im glad we made the tough choice and moved him on

I think at the time he was progressing well from a development perspective and it seemed like he would reach greater heights.

In the end I don’t think that injury, whilst it took time out of his career, is the thing that has held him from using his obvious AFL attributes in a more well rounded way. I simply think he doesn’t have strong footy game sense, thus he just doesn’t get into the right positions to make a consistently meaningful impact.

You might be right. Zac has great dare and the pace to break through lines, but I have not seen much evidence of a great footy IQ. Attribute wise, he is not a see ball get ball type, despite his physicality. Most of the blokes Horse apparently is running through the mids are notable for their footy IQ and discipline.

I am not sure where Zac's best position is.
Running HBF IMHO. Needs some space in front of him. Needs to deliver too soon if he's on the wing, though he has the speed for sure. He looks fine inside, but that's not where we play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back