The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
I thought the best we played all year was in Round 3 vs GWS, Reid’s only game.

Reid kicked 2.2 and had 12 touches 6 Marks.

Buddy kicked 2 goals and had:
19 kicks (season high)
22 disposals (season high)
10 Marks (equal 2nd best)
9 inside 50s (season high)

Just sayin :)

Fair point, bloody small sample size

Geez bud was in form early days

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Didn’t really get a chance at NEAFL level to show anything as was injured. I will say I wasn’t impressed before I found out he was trying to play through his injury.

I did rewatch his u18 video the other day though, and I really liked what I saw from him.

He was good enough preinjury for the club to quickly offer him an extended deal, so I am pretty excited to see him next season.

His season review video the other day said he played a role this year as a line coach in the NEAFL, which I thought was an excellent piece of development from the club.
Thanks. But I'm still not encouraged :(

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Do you go a day without telling everyone you are vegan ? Like the ones i know cant
Nope, those vegans give us a bad name. It's what I eat and I like animals. Those that advertise it consistently are probably the same types that go to work with a hole in their pants and then say "I know I have a hole in my pants" every five seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scaryness

Oct 19, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Trail Blazers / Cowboys
I love how the most common argument people make in favour of Reid is how his presence in the team helps Buddy.

Not what Reid himself does, but how his physical existence in the forward line helps our team.

Why not just play a mannequin instead? More chance of making it onto the park every week and a lot cheaper.
My idea of Reid is that he is supposed to be our main link between half back and half-forward line. His endurance and running ability allows him to work across the field, get possessions to feed to the midfielders going forward, and force a defender to go with him or switch off him.

McCartin tried to do some of it this year but I don't think he had the fitness base and the years of coaching to do it anywhere near effectively.

Reid's no star, but I consider him a pretty important player.

scaryness

Oct 19, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Trail Blazers / Cowboys
Buddy won’t see a flag here and won’t get another chance to imo.

Won’t play in another GF
Looking back at his GFs

2008: beaten comfortably by Scarlett
2012: was one of the most dominant on ground easily, but could alo say his goalkicking cost them the flag
2013: Role player, not much to say, Clarkson had eased him out by this point
2014: Did his job to the best of his ability. Couldn't have asked for more from him given the circumstances. Was our best by far.
2016: Injured early and was pretty terrible after that.

replicant

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
New Plymouth, NZ
AFL Club
Sydney
Reid- it’s more he just wont get out there consistently. I thought he wasn’t bad in 2017, but geez 1 year in 3 he has played, so it’s almost getting beyond a joke, and he can go missing for large patches of footy. I’d almost rather just develop mccartin, but if he does get cherry ripe I agree can impact, but not as much as some think imo

Naismith was taking the piss a bit, he is promising, but he hasn’t really started his career, I’m confident he will be good, but not sure he elevates us greatly in 2019 beyond what sinclair was giving us, but maybe he and sinclair in the same side helps, I think what Naismith adds we might lose from stinkers, he thrived as a sole ruck, will he go backwards?
Reid is a couple of inches taller than Mcartin and is an amazing overhead mark. If he can get on the park, we'll get more out of him than we will from Mcartin, but the "getting on the park" bit is the trick for Sam.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Reid is a couple of inches taller than Mcartin and is an amazing overhead mark. If he can get on the park, we'll get more out of him than we will from Mcartin, but the "getting on the park" bit is the trick for Sam.
That's a great call , nice to have some footy nous on here for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad