Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Be stupid to let one of the only line breakers to go

You might be right. Zac has great dare and the pace to break through lines, but I have not seen much evidence of a great footy IQ. Attribute wise, he is not a see ball get ball type, despite his physicality. Most of the blokes Horse apparently is running through the mids are notable for their footy IQ and discipline.

I am not sure where Zac's best position is.

I'm on the fence about Jones. At his best, he's really effective. Quick, decisive and physical. But he does things that really frustrate me. He fumbles a lot in traffic, and runs over the ball almost as if he's expecting contact. I'm also not sure about his footy IQ as Bloodied52 said. I'm not completely out on him, but I can see the club considering him expendable given the number of young, fleet-footed runners we've brought in recently. The club may think we can do without giving him a big pay rise and replace him relatively cheaply with younger guys.

I'm getting the impression that Zak Jones might be gone at the end of the year. I don't think he's gonna get enough midfield time as he wants and I get the sense that he isn't as loved by the coaches as other young, potential hybrid midfielders. Mills, Hayward, Florent, Papley I think are all liked more by the coaches.

Will be interesting

i think we need to keep him, he is a hot head and will do dumb things but when the chips are down he has a crack, he doesnt shy away from pressure, we need to sign him as a priority

Times last year he was the only won to attempt breaking the lines and when it did come of we had far more opportunity to score than the boring slow ball movement.

Numerous times he hit buddy will line breaking long kicks

Needs to be kept , even if not a mid he can break the lines from hb which no one else can’t in that team atm

It the over publicity when she started with the Filth ,she's no good .Just like a nobody on a say cooking show , or a jungle , nobodies getting too much airtime.
I have a problem with girls having tatts and there was no need for this. Get a girl to look like Daisy , or the girl from Adelaide ( who is also gay ) but she's a gun footballer.
I'm guessing they used her over Daisy or any of the other girls because she has such a distinctive look, much like they have only had a mini Buddy from our team because no-one else has a truly stand out look, except Zac but I can't imagine supporters of most team would look at a mini Zac and know who he was.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I'm guessing they used her over Daisy or any of the other girls because she has such a distinctive look, much like they have only had a mini Buddy from our team because no-one else has a truly stand out look, except Zac but I can't imagine supporters of most team would look at a mini Zac and know who he was.
She's not a legend ……...

She's not a legend ……...

I can see that i guess you need to promote it for young girls to aspire to play aflw so its gets the exposure etc, its nice the league is there

but not sure why there is the aflw
Another poster on the main board showed this but this is our corporate sponsors in 2018/2019

sponsor-board-2018_full-versionv12.png

A lot of really iffy companies on that list

Volkswagon - Responsible for one of the biggest cases of corporate fraud in recent decades
Equifax - Responsible for illegally collecting huge amounts of data from people all around the world
Qatar Airways - Qatar is responsible for some terrible human rights abuses
McDonals and Coke - Not too bad, but contributing to obesity.

Not many sponsorship opportunities available from Mission Australia or the Fred Hollows foundation.

I mean the AFL itself is iffy anyway

I'm getting the impression that Zak Jones might be gone at the end of the year. I don't think he's gonna get enough midfield time as he wants and I get the sense that he isn't as loved by the coaches as other young, potential hybrid midfielders. Mills, Hayward, Florent, Papley I think are all liked more by the coaches.

I'm not sure where you get this from. Jones is the bloke who acts out on the field and has as many dodgy games as he has good ones, but he's in the best 22 every week. Even when he's injured he's brought straight back in instead of the NEAFL route which guys like Aliir, Hayward etc have had. I think he's as liked as any Swan by the coaching staff.

I like Jones and I think he's important to our team but I hope this year will be his break-out year when he can start consistently performing and I suspect if he does that, a bigger contract may be offered to him. I still have him in the 'potential' camp, but he's nearly 24 so that 'potential' is gonna have to become 'elite' soon. Not sure we can compare him to the other youngsters who are performing at a similar output despite being a few years younger at least.

luderick

Rookie
Feb 26, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney

Yeh probably win a brownlow at another club

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

and time and time again the quote attributed to Horse has been proven to be false. He had no issue with Florent playing on like he did.

He said would of preferred he didn’t play on

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
"[Not playing on] might have been a preference at that particular point in time," Longmire said with a laugh "Any way what will be, will be. I had an old coach who used to say you live by the sword, (you) die by the sword and he went for it and he kicked it. We'll take that as well. It was good to see him kick it, the young kid. Sometimes it's great as a young bloke, isn't it? You don't have any fear, you just go about it and what will be, will be. That's what's good about him. I just spoke to him then and he just said, 'What's the problem? I went back and kicked it'."

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-04-14/longmire-praises-youngsters-flair

So, he did indicate a preference for Florent not to play on, but to say he "barely tolerated" it is a bit of an exaggeration, yeah?

I wonder how many of those who are using this to further their arguments against Longmire would have piled on to Florent for making a mess of the situation if he hadn't kicked the goal and we had lost the game?

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-04-14/longmire-praises-youngsters-flair

So, he did indicate a preference for Florent not to play on, but to say he "barely tolerated" it is a bit of an exaggeration, yeah?

I wonder how many of those who are using this to further their arguments against Longmire would have piled on to Florent for making a mess of the situation if he hadn't kicked the goal and we had lost the game?
And all coaches would indicate the same preference given the same set of circumstances.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
So wells takes a pay cut for the pies, can buddy do that for Sydney if he wanted (not saying he should but hypothetically)
He can take a pay cut. He can agree to get absolutely bugger all if he wishes. Only problem is that it won’t be reflected in the salary cap calculations - this will remain as per the terms of his contract upon signing with the Swans.

He can take a pay cut. He can agree to get absolutely bugger all if he wishes. Only problem is that it won’t be reflected in the salary cap calculations - this will remain as per the terms of his contract upon signing with the Swans.

Just bet Collingwood are rorting something, maybe I’m too suspicious , but why would wells give money back to a club he barely played for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back