2018 Gold Coast SUNS Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Just over an hour bus ride isnt it. Not that far. At least you still get to see your club play. So do you only get 10 home games now. Or can you use one for the Brisbane home game.
Hour by car without traffic and close to 2 hours via public transport.

Despite currently living closer to the Gabba than Metricon. I maintain that the Gabba is a soulless concrete hellhole and the less time I spend there, The better.

So been confirmed we are selling a home game to China , freo and cairns

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would've been good if your sold game to freo was round 1
Would shut up freo west coast debates.
Let someone else (you) open it!

So at a guess fixture is gonna look like
Rd1 north at cairns
Rd 2 wc at Perth
Rd 3 freo at Perth
Rd 8 ?? At Gabba
Rd9 port at China
Rd 11 Metricon

Yeah great work Evans.

Sell out pick 2 and then sell out 4 precious home games so your Gold Coast Members and prospective fans can see only 7 matches at Carrara next season.

Looks like matches in Cairns and Shanghai will be ongoing too beyond next year giving us only 9 games a year from 2019 on.

Thanks AFL for giving us your special guy.

8 game membership
7 Metricon
1 Gabba

You just knew they were going to throw a gabba game in.
Each game will cost more than the previous year

I see a lot of people holding off on memberships this year
If the Suns are competitive Members will re sign during the season
If the Suns are a joke no one will sign.

Yeah great work Evans.

Sell out pick 2 and then sell out 4 precious home games so your Gold Coast Members and prospective fans can see only 7 matches at Carrara next season.

Looks like matches in Cairns and Shanghai will be ongoing too beyond next year giving us only 9 games a year from 2019 on.

Thanks AFL for giving us your special guy.
Come on mate give it a rest you've gone from a Rocket hate campaign to a Mark Evans one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 game membership
7 Metricon
1 Gabba

How do you know each game will cost more membership wise ?

The membership team have said membership will be discounted this year and even Mark Evans said selling these few games will make memberships cheaper this year

Come on mate give it a rest you've gone from a Rocket hate campaign to a Mark Evans one

No doubt you will get your thumbs ups for that effort but no, I’m entitled to my opinion (within reason) and a CEO of a Football Club can and should be scrutinised. Even if he is the Golden Boy.

I don’t like the Weller trade and given how much I put in my pocket each year for memberships I’m entitled to talk about 4 games getting moved from the GC.

8 game membership
7 Metricon
1 Gabba

Wonder if suns have the balls to do a 9 game membership , 7 Metricon , Gabba home game and Brissy away game like they did this year , will get complaints , but ballsy if they do.

I'm stoked with how the fixture looks. Under the circumstances, the way that Evans has worked this in for the clubs benefit should be applauded!

Suns, we are the Gold Coast Suns-we exist to grow the game on the Goldy, Gold Coast sponsors, members and possible future fans get only 7 goes at it next year.
It’s terrible.
I’m not buying into this at all.
It’s just a sell out of the game (literally) on the area that bares the clubs name.

Be interested to know what Gold Coast residents on BF think of this.

Suns, we are the Gold Coast Suns-we exist to grow the game on the Goldy, Gold Coast sponsors, members and possible future fans get only 7 goes at it next year.
It’s terrible.
I’m not buying into this at all.
It’s just a sell out of the game (literally) on the area that bares the clubs name.

Be interested to know what Gold Coast residents on BF think of this.

Bods did you think we where going to get 11 straight Metricon games? I’m pretty sure Evans would of pushed as many games as possible at Metricon .

Bods did you think we where going to get 11 straight Metricon games? I’m pretty sure Evans would of pushed as many games as possible at Metricon .

11 was the dream, but it was an impossible dream.

But 4!! 4 given away. Cairns and Shanghai I think I can cope with for next season taking us to 9.

It’s not going to go down well I think locally. Two of my mates right now are texting me about it saying they are pissed too. Admittedly I’ve stirred them up by giving my spin on it first.

We were never getting 11 home games to finish a season at Metricon, the burn out on people would be huge. 7 home games in 11 rounds will be good though. A lot of recovery time against sore teams at the back end of the season.

The first half you may even be able to throw a Gabba away game against Brisbane as well to alleviate some of the travel.

Also, smart by Evans to get into selling a game to Perth early while the hype around the new stadium is huge.

11 was the dream, but it was an impossible dream.

But 4!! 4 given away. Cairns and Shanghai I think I can cope with for next season taking us to 9.

It’s not going to go down well I think locally. Two of my mates right now are texting me about it saying they are pissed too. Admittedly I’ve stirred them up by giving my spin on it first.

It’s not ideal , but the pay off for those 4 games was a nice shiny new stadium , that’s how I see it . I’m sure evans would of pushed our case to the Afl , I’m pretty sure his not over the moon playing a home game in Wa , but his got us a good deal with those 4 games . Hopefully the boys can come home strong the back end of next season to bring the love back for the fans , but we all new this day was coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back