2018 Gold Coast SUNS Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 432293
Apparently this is the list of teams each club plays twice. The Geelong one would make sense because we are scheduled to play in Geelong next season first and then the AFL i would imagine would want Ablett to play against the Suns at Metricon.
Don't we play them in the JLT as well? Three times seems a bit excessive. I don't want to see that much of Gaz. Pretty good result with playing Lions, Blues and Roos twice.

View attachment 432293
Apparently this is the list of teams each club plays twice. The Geelong one would make sense because we are scheduled to play in Geelong next season first and then the AFL i would imagine would want Ablett to play against the Suns at Metricon.
Like that'll happen, Gaz will go down with a sudden case of "hamstring tightness" and not even get on the plane.

not going to play Gaz/Geelong at Metricon.
The first game against them is at in QLD, the other game will be at Kardinya

View attachment 432293
Thanks West Coast for pick 1. :thumbsu: Extremely tough draw for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Person
Don't we play them in the JLT as well? Three times seems a bit excessive. I don't want to see that much of Gaz. Pretty good result with playing Lions, Blues and Roos twice.

Erm, we played the Lions, Blues and Roos twice this year and it did not go well for the Sunny Boys. But if you look at Geelong, Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton, and Norf as a mini competition with 40 points available, you have to like the Suns chances. 3 games at Metricon, 2 games at the Gabba, 1 game at Cazaly, then 4 trips to Victoria (unless the Demons play us in Alice Springs again, which is likely). That is actually 6 Queensland games out of 10 in a year where everyone is moaning about giving up home ground advantage. There will be a further 4 Metricon games too.

The China and Perth games have to be good for the bottom line or we wouldn't be doing either of them. It isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the places the financial basket cases teams are made to play and I'm quite frankly not surprised that the AFL requires the franchise to give up home games when the overall crowd figures are so poor. You'd be screaming blue murder if the club had 30K members and more than half turned up every game, but we aren't there yet.

Blockbuster home games against Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Richmond, Carlton & Q Clash

Wow 2 games to Perth over 2 weeks. Thats tough

Smart really. Two weeks in a row at same place cuts down on travel time. Yes it will suck for the boys being away from home, but it still means we will be fresher. And the money we get from hosting a game at a sold out Perth stadium will be fantastic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back