Preview 2018 Goodbye (To 2019) New; Preseason Discussion

What will happen between now and Round 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 597462 I am really liking SPP’s attitude. A good article. Talks about significant players leaving the club and how he wants to do his part to fill the gap. Talks about how he completed the fitness program set for him by PAFC and did more. Good lad.

Speaks volumes if he's pleased with himself about completing a program. He's a work in progress.

Speaks volumes if he's pleased with himself about completing a program. He's a work in progress.

Completed and gone a step over and above.
And wants to show leadership and commitment by filling the void left by departing "stars".
And admits he didn't present the best last year at this time, which is honesty.
And has admitted to a change in mentality from then to now.
And has changed his diet this time around.
And credits others with his change in approach and how he intends to play.
And is winning over coaches and team mates alike with his dedication so far.

Clearly, that doesn't guarantee success - but at the very least his mind and body appear to be on the same page, and he appears to have survived the "second year blues" and a vicious media campaign to boot.

So....yeah. Pretty wrapt to see that the (all of 20 years of age) bloke has matured somewhat. Hopefully he shows his talent, as I reckon he is vital for our chances, and adds a different dynamic to most of our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad article, on our Noosa camp, by Reece Homfrey

Behind the scenes on Power’s Noosa camp

View attachment 597536

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...r/news-story/ff99888996ec755cd52194eb76e3bd96

AJ holding his singlet taut so's not to show his paunch...

0c5287fe-fa22-42fb-ad07-d2cd9a5d31f9.png

Try putting outline.com/ then pasting the URL. Generally works to get the article up pictures and all even for paywalked articles.

Thanks, great tip! I can get the Adelaide Now stuff via the De-tiser app in Chrome, but this outline.com thing has worked for me with Herald Sun and The Australian paywalled articles :thumbsu:

From that Reece Homfray's story

Dixon did a 45-minute boxing session with strength and rehab coach Daniel Buberis who would have been looking for a bath and the Epsom salts afterwards. Dixon, all 105kg of him, wore the gloves and Buberis, 66kg, held the hand pads and a bag across his abdomen while the big fella let rip and every punch was punctuated with a roar as air gushed out of his lungs.

This bloke is new to the club. He was not there in September. On the club's website he is described as;
Daniel Buberis Rehabilitation Coordinator

Last edited:
I’ve been drinking and still can’t understand the tread title. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's simply fairwelling 2018 (to 2019) post-season. Replacing the pre-season 2018 (to 2019).

It's simply fairwelling 2018 (to 2019) post-season. Replacing the pre-season 2018 (to 2019).

Ah. So it’s the overstatement of the obvious that has done my head in.

My bad ;)

Thank you and cheeers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great article, highly encourage everyone to access it.

Conducting a preseason camp every year should be a no-brainer.. connecting and strengthening relationships within the group, building their resilience and putting them outside of their comfort zone.. you just won't get that from training 9-5 in Adelaide.

Back