Preview 2018 Goodbye (To 2019) New; Preseason Discussion

What will happen between now and Round 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrad Schofield on his plans for the Power midfield:
“We’ve for a very good midfield there and the one thing I will be looking to add is greater depth to the midfield so we’re not just reliant on too few. You’ll definitely see that from myself, adding to the mix.
Who they are, we’ve got a whole pre-season to work that out but there’ll be some surprises because I’m all about rewarding people for that effort.
So Jarrad has spoken ...
Interesting times ahead with the midfield. At bloody last.. :thumbsu:
What would surprise be?

I’m think maybe Burton or Hartlett getting moved into the midfield rotation, and possibly players like Rozee, Duursma, Atley and Drew getting called up early.

Anyone got an opinion on whether HH will play round 1?

Or will he play some minutes in pre-season games and then play first couple of games in SANFL?

Anyone got an opinion on whether HH will play round 1?

Or will he play some minutes in pre-season games and then play first couple of games in SANFL?

On track for the final JLT

Details: First Open Training Session for 2019
Friday 18 January, from 9:00am
Alberton Oval
- BBQ and ice cream available
- Visit the Port Store
- Player autographs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We expect a full report on training Noddy. Hope you're taking notes ;)
Initial observations:
A bit hard to tell with these open trainings because I think they're more exhibition than serious but based on this morning
Structures look more attacking than last year. Not so stagnant
Skills still look sloppier than we'd like
Boak played genuine midfield in the match simulations. Matched up on Rockliff most of the time and they were very niggly with each other. Maybe they've been told their's only room for one of them in the 22.
Watts will play wing based on today
Westhoff also played as a wingman the whole time
Lycett consistently beat Billy in the ruck- as you would expect I suppose
Burton will play half back
Marshall played deep forward - almost genuine full forward. Looks fit and healthy. In one contest further up the ground Riley Grundy outmarked him nicely from behind. Was conflicted whether to be excited or disappointed
Duursma did some nice hard head over the footy things
Rozee looks very classy - a proper footballer. He's also got that long torso body shape that seems to work so well on footballers

Dixon, Ryder, Bonner, Hartlett, McKenzie, S Gray, Woodcock (I think) were amongst those not joining in the main stuff (Didn't see Wines as stated earlier)
Broadbent did though which was nice to see

This bloke reckons Woodcock was out there...

There was someone out there wearing his number but one of the players doing handball drills etc the whole time in front of the Williams stand looked to me like it was him which made me unsure
Edit - happy to go with the observations of the professional footy observer

Initial observations:
A bit hard to tell with these open trainings because I think they're more exhibition than serious but based on this morning
Structures look more attacking than last year. Not so stagnant
Skills still look sloppier than we'd like
Boak played genuine midfield in the match simulations. Matched up on Rockliff most of the time and they were very niggly with each other. Maybe they've been told their's only room for one of them in the 22.
Watts will play wing based on today
Westhoff also played as a wingman the whole time

Lycett consistently beat Billy in the ruck- as you would expect I suppose
Burton will play half back
Marshall played deep forward - almost genuine full forward. Looks fit and healthy. In one contest further up the ground Riley Grundy outmarked him nicely from behind. Was conflicted whether to be excited or disappointed
Duursma did some nice hard head over the footy things
Rozee looks very classy - a proper footballer. He's also got that long torso body shape that seems to work so well on footballers

Dixon, Ryder, Bonner, Hartlett, McKenzie, S Gray, Woodcock (I think) were amongst those not joining in the main stuff (Didn't see Wines as stated earlier)
Broadbent did though which was nice to see

My dream wingmen 😍

Back