Preview 2018 Goodbye (To 2019) New; Preseason Discussion

What will happen between now and Round 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At the Noosa camp, every player on the list will be marched into a theater room, chained to a chair, and forced to watch this on repeat for 24 hours.

Polly isn't there to blame for one however

Well, time has flown (and slowed) many times through the off-season so far but the 1-4 year players return to training for pre-season on Monday 5th November which marks the official kick off of the 2019 Preseason.

What's in store this year?

**** all.

This thread is designed to keep all of this nothingness all in the one space as we post pre-season pictures, discuss training, camps, and build up (or build down in Port's case) towards the 2019 season.

Poll added for Preseason predictions.

Seriously though, we are going to Noosa for a camp as the Club felt we lost something canning preseason trips and staying at Alberton all summer. Strong focus on team cohesion this preseason apparently.
I'm actually quite optimistic. Losing Polec didn't bother me much, I was annoyed at the Wingard situation, but if he didn't want to buy in then...whatever.
Adding Burton and Lycett will improve the team, cancelling out the loss of an uninterested Wingard to a large extent. We have some exciting draft picks and would love it if a new draftee and Marshall step up next year.

My big hope is that those who see only doom in our future (with plenty of good reasons) are able to change their minds and enjoy the season if we end up having a good crack.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm actually quite optimistic. Losing Polec didn't bother me much, I was annoyed at the Wingard situation, but if he didn't want to buy in then...whatever.
Adding Burton and Lycett will improve the team, cancelling out the loss of an uninterested Wingard to a large extent. We have some exciting draft picks and would love it if a new draftee and Marshall step up next year.

My big hope is that those who see only doom in our future (with plenty of good reasons) are able to change their minds and enjoy the season if we end up having a good crack.
I agree .. Am fed up with being fed up!

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

In addition to this we might just have half a chance if Schofield proves to be a master puppeteer.

Optimism?!? Big Footy?!?!

OK, I'm in.

tenor.gif

At the Noosa camp, every player on the list will be marched into a theater room, chained to a chair, and forced to watch this on repeat for 24 hours.

Is this Koch or KT's plan to get rid of the players who ****ed up against WCE in that 2017 EF.

Impey ****ed up all night - gone. Pittard had 3 chances to kill that ball from the kick by Jetta into their forward line but soft efforts - gone. Wingard 2 dumb kicks with a minute and a half to go when could have killed the game - gone. Polec tackles Shuey - gone.

Now we need Ebert and his stupid and unnecessary free to Shuey before the throw in when McGovern kills the ball over the line from the 2nd dumb kick by Chad to go. I guess we might win a flag when all those who made dumb errors that night are gone.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Is this Koch or KT's plan to get rid of the players who ****** up against WCE in that 2017 EF.

Impey ****** up all night - gone. Pittard had 3 chances to kill that ball from the kick by Jetta into their forward line but soft efforts - gone. Wingard 2 dumb kicks with a minute and a half to go when could have killed the game - gone. Polec tackles Shuey - gone.

Now we need Ebert and his stupid and unnecessary free to Shuey before the throw in when McGovern kills the ball over the line from the 2nd dumb kick by Chad to go. I guess we might win a flag when all those who made dumb errors that night are gone.

I don't mind that line of thinking but a couple of things bother me. 1 - guys like Impey and to a lesser extent Pittard were given a ridiculous amount of opportunities when they should have probably spent time in the twos and 2. Ebert should have been out the door before Polec and Wingard, even just for his age alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely it’s Ollie.
He’s featuring on all the Shanghai media photos, while Boak is just featuring in his underwear.

Boak is on the AFL provided fixture phone wallpapers I guess lol.

The annoying thing is that due to how old our list is, we should have several options for captains.

Somehow our list is very immature and is poor at leadership for its age.

The annoying thing is that due to how old our list is, we should have several options for captains.

Somehow our list is very immature and is poor at leadership for its age.
Who looks like, or gives you the impression they would make a good coach be it at state league level, assistant at AFL or AFL head coach?.

I reckon Jonas at SANFL level is the only one. In our Flag squad I was confident Hardwick would be an AFL coach one day but didnt think Dew would. Several other players looked like they'd be assistant coaches.

Who looks like, or gives you the impression they would make a good coach be it at state league level, assistant at AFL or AFL head coach?.

I reckon Jonas at SANFL level is the only one. In our Flag squad I was confident Hardwick would be an AFL coach one day but didnt think Dew would. Several other players looked like they'd be assistant coaches.
Jonas definitely.

The "idea" of Ollie Wines should be almost like Nathan Buckley or Michael Voss. But he still needs to prove himself, hopefully he gets there quick.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas definitely.

The "idea" of Ollie Wines should be almost like Nathan Buckley or Michael Voss. But he still needs to prove himself, hopefully he gets there quick.
Those two had a hard edge I really don't see in Ollie yet.

Back