Preview 2018 Goodbye (To 2019) New; Preseason Discussion

What will happen between now and Round 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pl
PORT ADELAIDE defender Riley Bonner spoke at a press conference on Friday afternoon after the Power players returned to their pre-season training after a three-week festive break.

He discussed how he had ramped up his own fitness regime in case he is asked to play on the wing in 2019 and he talked about being excited to have Hamish Hartlett returning to full fitness to join the backline.

The 21-year-old explained the benefits of having new faces including 2018 premiership player Scott Lycett and former Hawthorn defender Ryan Burton joining the group, and his own ambitions for 2019.

Here are the best bits: http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-01-11/the-best-bits-bonner-presser
Players all sound pretty pumped and knuckling down. Could be just spin of course but they sound fresher and more determined.

Amon said Trengove ran really well too.

I wish we could re-sign Toumpas as a cat A rookie...
...just do he could finish last year’s pre-season run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we could re-sign Toumpas as a cat A rookie...
...just do he could finish last year’s pre-season run.

He still isn't aware he's been delisted yet. Time has slowed to such a rate within his orbit that he's still got atleast an aeon before he's even notified.

Didn’t realise Amon had a knee issue, mark him down for top 5 BnF. Kids gon have his break out year

You his buddy or?

Bonner says Pudney ran 3x1km in 9:05

He also says he’s training as a defender - the only reason why the wing stuff cane up was because people are realising that with Hartlett and Burton into the side there might not be a spot for Bonner in the defence.

“Trust Bank” is a new stupid buzzword.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonner says Pudney ran 3x1km in 9:05

He also says he’s training as a defender - the only reason why the wing stuff cane up was because people are realising that with Hartlett and Burton into the side there might not be a spot for Bonner in the defence.

“Trust Bank” is a new stupid buzzword.

Would be really interested to know how much of a break they get between kms.

I reckon it would be 30 seconds if they are training to increase speed, and 60-90 seconds if they are training to increase endurance.

I'm hoping it's speed.

"Short rests between hard, fast intervals help teach the nervous system to adjust to faster running, promote stride power and efficiency, and allow you to practice maintaining form and speed when fatigued. Willis explains, "You use short rest in between hard, short intervals to generate some lactic acid in your legs, then practice running with heavy legs to increase your lactate threshold. This helps for the finish of a 5K when you are sprinting after having run almost 3 miles." "

https://www.runnersworld.com/advanced/a20803666/how-much-rest-should-you-take-between-intervals/

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would like to see AJ get a go in the Midfield this year, starting with decent game time in the JLT.

Elite pace and hits the contest hard.
Been watching replays. Think it was in Melbourne against North . AJ was in the forward line and Amon kicked it to him in the forward pocket. With his speed, he marked the ball between two North players and goaled. Think he might go ok in the midfield. Depends on what Schofield thinks and I bet he will look at him.

WHOME

Club Legend
May 18, 2007
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Would like to see AJ get a go in the Midfield this year, starting with decent game time in the JLT.

Elite pace and hits the contest hard.
Last photo I saw of AJ he didn't look like a bloke serious about being an AFL footballer, had a bit of present day D Jarman about him

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Talk of AJ becoming a midfielder is pre-season BF at its best

He has speed, goal sense, tackling ability, and no other AFL attributes. He's either a forward pocket or he's nothing. And I'm leaning towards nothing.

Back