Premier?

• West Coast

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 27 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Even with their no. 1 ruckman NicNat on the sidelines the Eagles still found a way to target good talls and integrate them into their gameplan.

We lose Ryder in 2016 and we go bellyup for the year.

Collingwood's talls broke Richmond and West Coast's talls broke Collingwood. Maybe talls aren't a bad thing!

Talls in structure!

No player at Port would ever be allowed to be as one dimensional as Cox.

Be tall, stay forward mostly. Lead toward the carrier. Mark and kick straight if you can. That's all Mason.

Janus is getting a blood nose just thinking about it.

We could fill our team with a dozen 6'8 players and still looks like headless chickens.

12E9CCB2-4398-4CA0-8A2E-09E62E7019F9.jpeg
d6c79f70259512a7bf77e3fd30831d44

Agree. Instead of Stephenson running in with his head bowed we have him making a token challenge. There would have been a slight possibility Yeo could have grabbed at it and dropped it but not much. The runner getting in the way did no more than change a likely turnover into a sure thing.
Yeah. The kick was the problem, not the runner.

Talls in structure!

No player at Port would ever be allowed to be as one dimensional as Cox.

Be tall, stay forward mostly. Lead toward the carrier. Mark and kick straight if you can. That's all Mason.

Janus is getting a blood nose just thinking about it.

We could fill our team with a dozen 6'8 players and still looks like headless chickens.

Not just forwards, but forwards that deliver and reliably so.

The statistic of West Coast's Darling/Kennedy win rate when they're playing would be enviable for any side.

With us its a lottery if the delivery to Dixon isn't total carp and how sorry the umpire feels for Robbie getting scragged by his opponent.

I have just finished watching Q1. What a start by the Pies! How on Earth they've ended up losing?!

I will watch the rest of the game during the week. The first quarter was terrific! I barely can wait to watch the rest.

What I love about WC winning the grand final is that a team with actual structure and a normal gameplan won. Next year hopefully coaches won't be trying to copy the Richmond/WB manic pressure, small forward line and knock on at all costs gameplan. Because **** me, that is a terrible to watch.

I loved seeing the big guys in defence, the two big power forwards always staying relatively deep and making an option, and playing two rucks in the one team.
I love this post.

The ground dimensions thing is so overrated in AFL. Plenty of other sports where playing arena dimensions are the same or nearly the same and home ground advantage is still a recognised thing. It's more about routine, familiarity, crowd support, etc.

I have just finished watching Q1. What a start by the Pies! How on Earth they've ended up losing?!

I will watch the rest of the game during the week. The first quarter was terrific! I barely can wait to watch the rest.
THE EAGLES CONTROLLED IT FROM THERE AND MOST PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE WON BY MORE, SPOILER ALERT....JACK DARLING ALMOST MADE THE GREATEST STUFF-UP IN GF HISTORY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I love about WC winning the grand final is that a team with actual structure and a normal gameplan won. Next year hopefully coaches won't be trying to copy the Richmond/WB manic pressure, small forward line and knock on at all costs gameplan. Because **** me, that is a terrible to watch.

I loved seeing the big guys in defence, the two big power forwards always staying relatively deep and making an option, and playing two rucks in the one team.
Adam Simpson was a Denis Pagan coached player. He might have been an assistant with Clarko at the Hawks, but lets not forget that Pagan was Clarko's first coach at North in the U/19's before John Kennedy became his first senior coach at North Melbourne and then Pagan was Clarko's coach at North for his last 3 years.

Pagan set his sides up around Longmire and Carey and Clarko lucked out that in his first draft 2 months after getting the job his recruiting team drafted Roughead and Franklin 2 x 15 year KPF's that he could set up around them for his first 9 years before Buddy pissed off to the swans.

Hurrdurrr richo pushing his "grand final must stay in vic" agenda. **** off mate.

I'm still angry about this btw.

What a great way to bring us back down to the reality of this muppet show with such awful, bias, propaganda filled agenda driven nonsense, after a bloody good grand final, just in case during the entertaining footy, we forgot what a shitshow amateur hour compromised league this is.

The ground dimensions thing is so overrated in AFL. Plenty of other sports where playing arena dimensions are the same or nearly the same and home ground advantage is still a recognised thing. It's more about routine, familiarity, crowd support, etc.

there was a theory I read somewhere in NBA that home field advantage has been lessened statistically recently, by tinder making it easy to find women when away, when back 10 years ago the players had to head out on the town.

On reflection I am happy WC won because the Buckley love-in was reaching Rob Murphy levels of cringe.

One H&A win against a top 8 side (Melb). Double ups against Carlton, Freo, Brisbane and Gold Coast. Season-defining game was against the mighty Poort Adelaide.

Bloody hell, they haven't been that impressive.

Back