Game Day 2018 Grand Final discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not an "anyone but collingwood supporter" actually. I started out supporting collingwood (see the main board game day thread) but durung the course of the afternoon I was getting so sick of the utter bias towards collingwood that by midway through the third I had switched allegiance to the other team. Tough to be much more neutral than that.
It's actually quite easy to be more neutral than that, you just have to not support either team.

It's actually quite easy to be more neutral than that, you just have to not support either team.
Not possible in a GF of you are a true footy fan. IMHO Unless it's sydney vs essendon or something.

I don’t disagree with everything you are saying but the problem for Maynard is he runs pretty much straight at Rioli and does nothing regarding sheed until the last second when it is already too late. If you look at the vision you will see Pendlebury trotting along 20m from sheed guarding no one. There is anothe pie defender standing in space guarding no one. The real issue is Collingwood got caught out in transition. I might be mistaken but the standard footage shows Pendlebury standing next to a west coast player as the ball is kicked to the wing from Collingwoods half back line. Eventually the ball goes to McGovern. When Vardy marks, Pendlebury is on his own and the west coast player is no where to be seen. Barry marks and plays on quickly. Pendlebury pushes back hard but it’s too late. Fast ball movement allowed sheed to be unopposed inside fifty.
View attachment 567440

I agree they got caught on the hop. There’s a really good clip on AFL360 worth watching (10min25)
it was the McGovern kick that opened us up as 3 pies players including pendles got caught rope a dope trying to get to McGoverns unbelievable kick to Vardy and found themselves retreating.

It also shows Maynard’s position and Ryan’s kick in the space behind sheed and explains why in the limited channel 7 vision it looks like Maynard initiating contact with Rioli. But he is just trying to reach the drop zone of the kick which was not TO sheed but Taylor made for sheed to run onto it providing Maynard was adequately blocked. This is why sheed had momentum to basically take a couple steps forward. Can dissect till cows come home but Rioli had no eyes for the footy and Maynard did and that’s the easy umpire trigger. Anyway take a look. Got some very painful material in here for pies supporters to watch so I’ll probably never watch it again!

8min25
10min30 (behind goal vision)

Anybody seen the LeCras video on Face?? Absolutely sloshed while uttering
“ so, we play Collingwood in GF, 5 goals down , then you C***s saw what happened next” while showing off his premiership medallion. Priceless!

Anybody seen the LeCras video on Face?? Absolutely sloshed while uttering
“ so, we play Collingwood in GF, 5 goals down , then you C***s saw what happened next” while showing off his premiership medallion. Priceless!

LeCras should be embarrassed that he thinks he was anything more than a liability on the day - was a witches hat. To think “he” is contemplating his future laughable - I will be shocked if he doesn’t announce his retirement, regardless of what he wants.

As for “that” free - I actually would of called Sheeds for play on before calling a block against Rioli.

I think the Pie angst is the call against Varcoe early in the game and then the whistle is put away for this one. There were a few that could of been paid in the last two minutes and unfortunately this one went against the pies - it would of been much of the same rhetoric from eagles supporters had the block been paid and they lost and that occurs because we must be the only sport in the world where “interpretation” has the final say

One of collingwood's goals was scored due to a shepherding in the goals square to allow it to go through. The west coast defender was prevented from marking the ball by being blocked. How is the maynard thing different?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back