Game Day 2018 Grand Final Discussion

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Who do want to win? No-one. Then … ABC.
Do you give a s**t either way? Nope.
Who wins the norm Smith? The umpires.
Will Razor Ray get the gig (and then ruin the game)? Absolutely.
Black eyed Peas, good get, even without Fergie? Nuh, black eye for the AFL. Should serve 'em meatloaf for lunch.

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
We need the eagles to win to break the curse.

2016 we recruit Griff from the bulldogs. They eliminate us and go on to win the flag

2017 we recruit Lids from the Tiges. They eliminate us and go on to win the flag

2018 we recruit Keefe from the pies. They eliminate us and .... [complete the sentence]

(a) continue the pattern by winning the GF and leave our recruiting forever cursed; or

(b) fall in a heap, break the curse and leave the mighty giants to march on and destroy all comers in 2019 on the way to the first of many flags

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I will be happy for either team to win. I’ve been open in my being a pies fan before GWS came in. And I don’t mind west coast. Went to Perth for our game against them. A great experience.

;)Most of us have past allegiances.

I lean to WC in terms of natural empathy. I do have family in WA who are WC supporters.
It evens out a bit because I'd be happy for WHE to kick a bag and get a flag. Neutral about Adam's and Treloar though. Like the PF last year and the Tiger army, seeing the Magpie fans leave happy after the SF humanizes them to me.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Theres that split personality again.

Go Eagles. Cant go for the pies....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Mods please remove this man from our board

&_$# West Coast and all their players and supporters. Hope they lose by 790 points and fold as a club

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Happy with that result. Very entertaining contest and Collingwood lose :thumbsu:
Great match and great result! Really happy to see a non vic team bring home the cup. Umpiring was relatively well adjudicated in the absence of razor ray. Hopefully now that our curse of trading in a player from the eventual premiership team is over, we can have an injury-free run in 2019.

Great match and great result! Really happy to see a non vic team bring home the cup. Umpiring was relatively well adjudicated in the absence of razor ray. Hopefully now that our curse of trading in a player from the eventual premiership team is over, we can have an injury-free run in 2019.
Also for the first time since we've made finals, the team who eliminated us has not won the grand final!

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Looking forward to all the Eddie memes coming up
Great game and well played to both teams and players on both teams stood up and the game was another level in intensity like the start of the PFs, so many little things that were just done with more intensity
Hope several of the players were there to soak up the atmosphere and feel what it is like and come back more driven next year

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Bit gutted for Treloar and WHE but Adams can go eat one. He did play very well though.
I've been a bit angry at treloar for some time, but there was an article on Friday where they asked does he regret choosing the Pies over Tigers.

Said he never did. That he only loved the Pies and Giants and spoke great about our club.

Adam's bagged us so he can suck a sav.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I've been a bit angry at treloar for some time, but there was an article on Friday where they asked does he regret choosing the Pies over Tigers.

Said he never did. That he only loved the Pies and Giants and spoke great about our club.

Adam's bagged us so he can suck a sav.

Yeah I can handle when players leave but it’s really hard to stomach when they bag the club.

In the case of Treloar when he played for us he was a fantastic advocate and ambassador. Since leaving he’s been so positive about the club and only wished us well.

Like you, I loved him so much as a player that when he left I was annoyed but now that this has dissipated and I have seen his consistent love I only wish him a great career ahead.

Adams nearly won the Norm Smith yesterday but his attitude was in stark contrast. He took no time to sink the boot in and in general has a really immature attitude and lack of empathy for our club and supporters. I cannot stand him.

WHE was my favourite player at the Giants and I even bought a signed jersey from him so much was my devotion. He never really had a proper crack with us with injury but stayed as long as he did. I’m happy for him he is fulfilling his enormous potential.

Sime11

Team Captain
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
so majorly late to the convo, wanted to WC to win more so that another Melbourne team didn't win the Granny.

what a comeback by WC, without the #1 ruckman and midfielder (I rate Gaff as their best midfielder), but Shuey was immense, was the clear winner for the Norm IMO. Had Cox lifted in the 3rd instead of the 4th, the pies would have been home by 3 qtr time.

WC were really poor with kicking accuracy in the 4th, they really should of got home by 10+ but they wont care, a GF win is a GF win.

thankfully 2018 is over now, time to rest up, get through trade & draft week and start ripping in for our tilt at 2019, just no injury crisis please, we copped it big time this year.

so if Lobb wants to go to WC, any chance we can change Lycett's decision to move to SA, tell him to keep flying east, but land West of the Harbour :p

Back